First Impressions of "Buried"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems I'll be the first to post haha. :P

I only managed to play one game, but I did get a lot of everything in it. Firstly, the map is pretty damn confusing. Then again, that's probably because I'm not used to it yet. The Paralyzer is a great Wonder Weapon, and it's great to finally have one that we can Pack-a-Punch. The Wraiths aren't as difficult as I'd thought they'd be, which is a good thing. Leroy is neat, but I wish he was easier to control.

I'm not a big fan of the new Perk, probably because I was using the Paralyzer a lot and had no need for the benefits of it. Also, while the idea of choosing where your wall weapons is nice, I don't really like the fact that at first, the locations where you can actually place them are difficult to find.

All in all, this map is actually pretty damn good. Hopefully I can play it more to see if it truly tops Mob of the Dead.

To start off, I'm really liking the new characters a lot more now. Not just from the opening cutscene, but I feel like in-game too they're getting more character. I haven't played as Misty or Marlton yet, but Stuhlinger is kinda funny, I like the way he talks to the sloth/giant/Leroy/whateverthehell. Russman is starting to seem more.. old (lol). Like, he said "How did such a sweet little place like this get buried underground?" the way he refers to the western town as a sweet little place.. idk, seems like something an old person would say

anyway enough of that, on to the actual map. I have to say, it's quite fun finding things on your own the first day. I couldn't figure out how to get the sloth to break down barriers. I knew you gave him booze, but everytime I gave it to him he just ran into the wall. Took three bottles to figure out he runs in the direction opposite of where you give him the booze.

I went into the old ghost lady's house. It was sorta freaky at first, because she was saying stuff like "you don't belong here" and I didn't know when she was gonna pop out. She came out of nowhere and hit me, taking all my points. After shooting her a couple of times, I got a free perk.

Past the ghost lady's house is the maze; it's a hedge maze, and at the end of it is a building that has a downward-spiral staircase with pack a punch at the bottom.

Leaving the ghost lady's house, I slid down a ramp that separated the ghost house to another house. I thought the ghost stayed in her house, but maybe I was wrong.. because she popped up out of nowhere and killed me from behind. Gah.

Anyway.. I love the map. Atmosphere is quite enchanting, our new friend the sloth is pretty cool, the characters are developing more and it's just a great experience, in my opinion.

So not picking it up for a few more days. Will keep my comment simple. Watching someone walking through it.

So the bank is here? And money now earned on Transit ( and shockingly recently added Die Rise. interesting) is available to pull out of the box. So no more money concerns if you have hoarded money from other maps?

-Buy all guns, doors, perks ... PAP your guns. Lose them. Buy them all again.

Zombies with no money concerns. Does this bother anyone else?

pretty awesome map. very intricate, I love the "high risk - high reward" factor of jumping on the roofs of the town. very fun. the... ghost house is pretty insane. I'm still trying to figure out how to "awaken the gazebo".

This map is amazing. One of their best yet, honestly I feel like it combines the best of Tranzit, Die Rise and Mob into one, yet adds its own new improvements to the table.

The map feels like a combination of Mob and Die Rise, tbh. The vertical element of it is much like Die Rise, but the gameplay is much like Mob - tight passageways, little open space, lots of corners and dark places. For weapons, we get our faves from Die Rise back, but with enhanced customization as to where we want them. To make the map a bit more old western style, the Remington Model Army replaces the Python, and instead of Who's Who and afterlife, we get Time Bombs (sadly you can't have these and Monkeys together). The Time Bomb is going to prove critical for high rounds in this map, especially on Solo, I think.

In a nod to Tranzit, the Paralyzer is basically a "good" Jet Gun. And, building on MotD, we have a new HUD. Also the Trample Steam and Turbine are back - each of which is the signature non-weapon buildable of their debut maps. The PaP is difficult to reach, like in Mob and TranZit.

Overall I think this map is just really good overall. With the big guy as a new weapon and assistant, and with Vulture Elixir and everything else this map has to offer (along with the best BO2 EE song yet), I think this map will be popular almost as much as MotD and in my opinion it's a better map). Also

considering they even brought back Turned along with Grief, it feels like they are both trying to "re-do" Green Run's flaws, and make something better than MotD by putting everyone's favorite features into one DLC, with the Ray Gun Mark 2 to boot. David Vonderhaar may have said "Uprising is Treyarch's most fan-centric DLC yet", but Vengeance has by far surpassed it.

Ehh, I liked it a lot, but I just didn't feel like there was enough space for me. Idk, that's just me. Those witches really pissed me off. The first time I went through that house I didn't have any money, after reaching the end, I find PaP. Excited to try the new Ray Gun upgraded, I run to my bank and withdraw money. I go back through the house and didn't notice until I was already at PaP that they took all my money lol, I was sad :[.

I do really like the map though.

Fun map to just play and have fun on, but if you wanna do serious business, it's horrible. Wonder Weapon is worse than the Jet Gun IMO. Extremely slow. What could've been an awesome piece of equipment is reliant on the evil, insidious turbine, and thus its practicality is extremely finite. The Head Chopper could be cool, though—I think there's definitely a high round strategy there. I've found some interesting spawn control methods, but overall I can tell that, for high rounds at least, this map and I will not be getting along.

Again, though, it's a fun map to just run-and-gun and kill zombies. I like the chalk and I do hope they bring it back. But relying on Leroy to open up vital parts of the map is almost as tedious as the volt meters on Mob. Oh well. It will be fun for the first couple weeks, then I'll probably do a 70 or something (who knows, though, maybe there will be some awesome strategies found soon) and call it quits until next DLC.

Just a quick tip: I was out of Booze, so I used trample steam to jump inside ghost building. I do not know if there is a way out, I hope there is. Last time I encoutnered ghost lady, my xbox froze. :|

You would have to run all the way through the haunted house to the back. And once you get to the back there is a back entrance that goes into the back of the haunted house and then there is a slide that leaves the house and back into the town. Does anyone know of a way back to spawn?

I don't like these reports of games freezing. Hope that's patched up quick.

I was able to play a few games with MaxiMillion. Thanks again for showing me around man.

Anyways. I don't like that you need I think at least 3 definitely 4 to use the teleport in the maze. With two or on solo you die if jump thru the hole.

Little crazy on the ghost ladies with the infinite spawning. However in co op paralyze and ray gun combination worked almost flawlessly.

But all in all I love it. 100% uniquely crafted map. Enjoyed the array of buildables and newly implemented chalk system. I especially like that you can quickly jump and by an LSAT on round 1. That is ridiculously amazing. Or amazingly ridiculous. Either way, as a point whore, how can you pass that up.

That's it tonight but I look forward to playing a bunch more tomorrow night if anyone would like to play. (Mic required; GT under username)

I love this map. Almost on the same level as Mob of the dead. Love the variety of perks they gave this map. I like the new Perk, it's very useful when you're running low on ammo.

Like others said, the map was confusing as fuck at first. But you'll get the hang of things after awhile. Most confusing was that there was a million parts, but it got easier and easier to know you don't need all of them every time you play.

Biggest tip I can give on this map is, If you don't use Leroy you're gonna get nothing done. Especially the perk you need, Jug.

I give it 8.5/10.

What I like:

The atmosphere.

The intro

Off the wall weapons

The addition of the bank and the weapon locker, made even better by the fact it carries over from Die Rise and TranZit.

Leroy when he's being given candy

The ghost house, adds a really spooky feeling when your entering it.

The paralyzer, I love the way you can jump over barricades without Leroy being there.

The tight, dead end spaces. However, I've noticed people rage quit whenever they get downed in the maze/juggernog etc.

What I don't like:

Leroy, I wish he was easier to control. Also I wish he'd attack the players if he was shot, like the trailer hinted at.

The ghost lady when she steals 2000 points every hit. I'd much prefer it to be 100 or 200 points a hit.

The game over song. IMO it seems too upbeat, unlike Verruckt or MOTD's.

The time bomb. 3 times people have had it and annoyed me with it.

Some achievements, such as "Awaken the Gazebo" because I'm a rookie at zombies, that achievement will be impossible for players like me.

Overall it's a fun map and very easy to get downed if you don't know what your doing. However, I feel the trailer offered more than it delivered, as I mentioned about Leroy not attacking the players.

Overall I give the map 8/10! It by far beat Mob of the Dead for me, was truly the map we've been waiting for all of Black Ops 2. Not only in the cinematic did they give story, but just all through both sides of the Easter Egg, and just simply through character quotes they gave so much storyline background, and honestly I like the N4 more than I have all of Black Ops 2 previously. First time playing I had my frustrations with navigating the map, finding perks, weapons, etc But overall first time I launched the game when I saw the outside of the map, saw the mine equipment and everything I just fell in love with it. Overall I believe they took the best stuff from All the Black Ops 2 Maps (Buildables, HUD, ECT) and put it into this map. IMO best map of Black Ops 2. Maxis ending left me scratching my head a bit and confused, but Richtofen......Richtofen.....*mind blown* I LOVE IT.

I love it. Macklemore (What I call the Big Guy) is a great addition, and I love having crawlers like BO1. I did the EE, and I was glad to have some storyline revealed. I've had TONS of fun with guys from the forum, like Naitrax, GayCandyBacon, ItsFromMars, and Requix Eclipse. Haha, we all nearly s*** our pants when going through the ghost house the first time! I just wish PAPing wouldn't be so difficult

I thought the map design was awesome with the amount of buildings and places to go. The only thing I don't like is the bank and the weapon locker. It was cool at the beginning but It takes out all the challenge and something just doesn't seem right when you have 15,000 and a PaP'd LSAT on round 2.

My first impression was, "this map is f*cking awesome!" As I continued playing however, I slowly felt it was losing it's initial shock. Granted I had no idea of all the things you could do with Leeroy and yes my biggest gripe with it was/is getting to the PaP. I hate the ghost ladies...

But besides that I had an overall fun time with it. Many areas to standoff at and the overall layout is crazy. Great map, slow, but fun.

This is definitely the best BO2 map to me. I really liked MoTD but the volt meters were really a downside for me. This map is really good though. I feel like it took all of the good elements from the other maps and put them together. After 20+ good runs on it, the haunted house stills creeps the f*** out of me. I don't know if I'll get get over that. It is nice and tight and really pushes your skills if you want to try and train on it. I like the chalk drawing ability and hope to see it back but am a bit put off by the inventory system in MoTD not coming back. Running all the parts from the general store to the saloon or the courthouse was a bit annoying. However, the map is much smaller it seems than the other maps from BO2, which I see as a plus. Being able to jump between the rooftops is really cool and can be really rewarding (such as turning on the power by round 1). The N4 have also grown on me a lot with this map, I feel like we're finally getting some story out of them and we're getting to know them a lot better. Buried has really renewed my interest and I'm looking forward to that DLC 4 map.