How to still get the Ray Gun Mark II

Sup, doods? I got some awesome news for y'all who didn't get to play with the new wonder weapon. Earlier today, me and my friends realized that the Mark II must've come within the new update... and that the only thing preventing us from using it now is a hot-fix. Nobody can use it online, however... You know where I'm getting at, right?

You can still get the Ray Gun Mark II in Local/Offline play. I just tested it out on most of the maps and eventually got it. Even if it's not online and you can't brag about it with other players, it's still pretty fun to play with it.

So here's a SUPER DETAILED INSTRUCTIONAL TUTORIAL on how to get the Ray Gun Mark II for free:

Step 1: Log out of Xbox Live

Step 2: Go to Black Ops 2 Zombies, play Local and select your map.

Step 3: Spam the box like crazy and enjoy.

Bam. Free DLC, like it's supposed to be. If you're a PS3 user or you're away from the Xbox right now, you can check out my gameplay video showing off the new gun here. You're welcome!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is not supposed to happen and that doesn't make you an idiot either.

I think that the fact that you can't access dlc maps when offline is because the game doesn't see the update, but I have no idea why it would do that, I would suggest go in your xbox 360 HDD storage, delete the BO2 Title update, then boot the game while online, download the update and try again offline if you can see the other maps

I have a problem. Whenever I go to play not signed in to XBL, I can only play the Green Run maps. Is this supposed to happen? Or am I just an idiot?

Has anyone liscense transfered any of your games. If you had anyone use your account to liscense transfer you will never be able to play any of the downloadable maps unless connected to the internet.

I have a problem. Whenever I go to play not signed in to XBL, I can only play the Green Run maps. Is this supposed to happen? Or am I just an idiot?

Has anyone liscense transfered any of your games. If you had anyone use your account to liscense transfer you will never be able to play any of the downloadable maps unless connected to the internet.

I don't even know what license transfer is lol. But I've not let anyone use my account for anything.

I don't even know what license transfer is lol. But I've not let anyone use my account for anything.
It's always a possibility that Microsoft screwed you over like that. If in any case, you could try to boot up the local game as you're online and then hit offline when you're about to start. But I'm not sure if you'll still be able to get the Ray Gun that way...

It's always a possibility that Microsoft screwed you over like that. If in any case, you could try to boot up the local game as you're online and then hit offline when you're about to start. But I'm not sure if you'll still be able to get the Ray Gun that way...

By offline, do I have to turn my whole internet off? Because I ahve just been disconnecting from the network...

To be sure, could you go into a bit more detail in the OP?

By offline, do I have to turn my whole internet off? Because I ahve just been disconnecting from the network...

To be sure, could you go into a bit more detail in the OP?

1. Disconnect your Wireless Adapter/Ethernet cord.

2. Turn on your console.

3. Play Black Ops 2

4. Go to Zombies

5. Go Local

6. Play!

Then I don't know what to say then buddy...

I license transferred like 5 times and I can play MOTD and all other stuff while not online

God... This is confusing. I have tried everything, and it just will not let me play my dlcs unless I am connected to XBL. I need some help...

You need to be logged into Xbox live but disconnected from the Internet, basicly turn off your roughter....

But I may be wrong because I've played 20 rounds on all MOTD, bus depot, town and farm waiting for the M2 and I still haven't even seen it spinning in the box....

Meh, best case sinario: I'll get it sooner or later: worst case? I play with it when the dlc comes out in 2 days...

for those who cannot play their DLC offline, it is because you probably had a different xbox in which you intially downloaded the season pass/dlc. You need to do a license transfer.

when you purchase a digital addon or game, the right to play the game is saved to the first console it is downloaded on, regardless of account or sign in status; the rights are also saved to the account that downloaded it, regardless of console, AS LONG AS you are connected to Xbox Live.

If you've downloaded your DLC whilst at a friends house, or on an old xbox that you replaced, the console license is still saved to that xbox. You should google search XBL License Transfer, and go through the process.

I do not know if that will let you get the Raygun MK II, but it should let you play all of your DLC while offline.

for those who cannot play their DLC offline, it is because you probably had a different xbox in which you intially downloaded the season pass/dlc. You need to do a license transfer.

when you purchase a digital addon or game, the right to play the game is save to the first console it is downloaded on, regardless of account or sign in status; the rights are also saved to the account that downloaded it, regardless of console, AS LONG AS you are connected to Xbox Live.

If you've downloaded your DLC whilst at a friends house, or on an old xbox that you replaced, the console license is still saved to that xbox. You should good search XBL License Transfer, and go through the process.

I do not know if that will let you get the Raygun MK II, but it should let you play all of your DLC while offline.

:o

Haha! I just recently got a new Xbox due to my old disk drive not working. Thank you friend!

EDIT: Got the Mk II after doing this. THANKS SO MUCH!