Perks look different on MoD

I've noticed not too long ago that the new update on Xbox 360 makes the perk icons look different on Mob of the Dead. The most noticeable change is Double Tap 2.0. It has a sort of red glow to it now... Go see for yourself.

I doubt its any significant, but I just wanted to tell you doods about it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed not too long ago that the new update on Xbox 360 makes the perk icons look different on Mob of the Dead. The most noticeable change is Double Tap 2.0. It has a sort of red glow to it now... Go see for yourself.

Yeah, they have been given a touch up on MotD, but not on other maps it seems!? Not sure the reasoning behind it though.

I did notice that a lot of areas on MotD have been redone somewhat, and it is maybe the color palettes that got changes due certain areas being over bright at times.

I noticed a lot of people complaining that the lightning effect was causing them to get sore eyes, headaches etc, so it is possible that the changes in the map to tone this down, but other than that, I see no real reason for this change to have been made.

Yeah, they have been given a touch up on MotD, but not on other maps it seems!? Not sure the reasoning behind it though.

I did notice that a lot of areas on MotD have been redone somewhat, and it is maybe the color palettes that got changes due certain areas being over bright at times.

I noticed a lot of people complaining that the lightning effect was causing them to get sore eyes, headaches etc, so it is possible that the changes in the map to tone this down, but other than that, I see no real reason for this change to have been made.

I heard that they changed it back in the hotfix. Is this true?

People were having trouble looking at the map? Really?? That sucks I guess, I've been on transit and die rise too much to go into MoTD but I hope it isn't worse looking because although I've burned myself out on the map, it's still the most visual appealing map on BO2.

Is it just me or is the lightning more frequent now? Along with the perks remaining "Black and White" for longer?

Also I've noticed, aside from DT, Juggernog's perk icon seems to be a little bit darker.

All the perks look different. They have all have two background colors now. DT 2.0 has red mixed with orange. Speed Cola has green with dark green.. and so on. They do look better to be honest.

I heard that they changed it back in the hotfix. Is this true?

I think I posted that, and turns out i didn't realize that the changed icon was only on MotD. so i went to town survival and saw it was normal and assumed that it was because of the hot fix lol.

as far as i know it is still the new "white background" version in MotD

My group was talking about this the other day, while in Die Rise.

I was joking about how many green perks there are now, and how I am seeing more Red/Orange perks coming a long. Perhaps this is how they plan to separate them while still having the same color?

It never really bothered me, as it only takes a couple games to remember where everything is perk wise. It's good to see they are making the small changes that will ultimately matter once the game is finished.

• Moderators

Is it just me or is the lightning more frequent now? Along with the perks remaining "Black and White" for longer?

Also I've noticed, aside from DT, Juggernog's perk icon seems to be a little bit darker.

I bought this map two days ago and I have to say that the lightning is really annoying.

I don't know how it was before the patch though.

• 3 weeks later...

It's true, they updated the perk colors on MotD to match those on Buried, most noticeably Double Tap. To be honest, I hate Double Tap's new color. It makes me wanna vomit, in much the same way the BO1 version of Mule Kick did. I know it's minimal, but I mean Double Tap is supposed to be orange, not pink...