Mob of the Dead and the story.

Let me make this short.Mob of the Dead is just one giant side quest with no relevance on the story at all.It brings in new characters,zombies,hellhounds,and a completely random location from before the story line began and has no mention of previous maps and characters.Nor does the map set up for the future since Buried,the next dlc map is switching back to the Tranzit Crew without any of Mob of the Dead's innovations or even any indication that it,its crew,or even its easter egg even existed.So what's the point of the map?There is none,its just a map made for entertainment purposes by a different team with no real importance.

One thing interesting about this map is that it was actually created by the Black ops 2 campaign team presumably after the game had launched.This kind of explains why the trans-map features such as the navcards,perma-perks,and bank are completely missing in action.It also explains why the map has no purpose or effect on the zombie universe as the campaign team probably isn't in the position to make story for the mode.

Now some of you may wonder why it's such a bad thing that MOTD has no story relevance.Well it's bad because unless Buried and Zombies DLC map pack 4 have enormous easter eggs Treyarch is going to drag the story line into their next Call of Duty game(Zombies on next-gen?).

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

off-topic: I gotta say I'm pumped for BO 3 on the ps4. 8-)

you know, who even says bo 3 will be next gen only? ghosts will be 360 and ps3; its only one more cod away. man this is all so off-topic...

either way i honestly dont think we'll see any meaningful additions to the story until the O4 are back. Just my opinion. As for motd... a pointless, OP, incessantly packed with features map that serves us just one purpose: to bring back the fun we had in BO 1. :D