Mend the rift? Underground Map.

BlueBlur107

Hey guys, just one of my theories. Seems unlikely but anything can happen in Zombies.

They said that Buried would be very story heavy meaning they may hope to link some bits and pieces we already have to buried. If so then would the phrase "Mend the rift" mean anything to Buried?

Now a rift is pretty much a separation of the earths crust creating a downward depression. Well in geographic terms that is. Now what if "Mend the rift" was a clue to the next map being Buried. There has been a lot of complaints about the fact that there is seemingly no tower in Buried but perhaps there really is, it just may be crushed by the weight of the earth.

What I am trying to say is that maybe this rift we have heard so much about is really this underground town that is "Buried"

It seems like to me that if this phrase is applicable to Buried then we need to somehow fix this rift, or caved in town, how we are supposed to this is beyond me but with as ludicrous as these maps have been maybe some kind of time travel prior to the collapse of the town in order to prevent this disaster. We may then proceed to activate a tower in the pre disaster town. upon completion would result in a end game to Buried similar to Pop the Weasel

I know this seems far fetched but I'm trying to link previous maps with the green run cast to Buried. This is the only link in I could really find. If you guys have any of your own ideas on if this is plausible I would love to hear them or how this goal of mending the rift would be achieved.

-Blur

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice link & welcome to CoDz. I have been thinking along the same lines for the last week or so. (I'm trying to compile a thread now)

At first I thought the Rift was the soul swapping of Richtofen & Samantha, but I have been looking at Rifts & fault lines. It makes sense in an apocalyptic world.

@ Mr Lithium, this is what my tweets to you were about earlier in the week.

Are we mending the Rifts that we see on the menu screen?

Hey guys, I just seen the achievement list and the achievement "Revisionist Historian" caught my eye. The description of the achievement is "In Buried re-write history."

This allows us to know that some type of time mechanic is involved. This gives a small possibly that we really do have to "mend this rift" in some way shape or form. This achievement could be paired with Mined Games for two Easter egg achievements similar to what we have in Mob of the Dead with No One Escapes Alive, and Pop goes the Weasel.

Fun fact: Jimmy's Twitter description involves a little mentioned of a slab.

https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy

Tectonic plates shifting to create what we now see as Buried?

My initial thought was that maybe the 'rifts' in time and space had possibly brought this old town from the past, and merged it with some part of the future, causing worlds to collide together, but maybe it is just a old mining town buried due to the damage.

I would like to think that it IS a merging of two different eras in time, but this theory could be proven wrong by completing all the games Easter Eggs.

If we were to complete, say... Richtofen's side, and we go on to repair the rifts in time, then technically the Buried map would no longer exist, or not in it's current state at least, but then again, if the rifts were repaired, would all the maps not physically change then!?

Hmm... I look forward to whatever the explaination for Buried turns out to be.

I feel as though JZ's link to geology, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slab_(geology)#mw-mf-search, keeps referring to that map pattern theory of: "Tranzit - Fire, Die Rise - Air, MOTD - Electricity, Buried - Earth, & DLC 4 - Water"

and is a DLC 4 tease/troll because of that link's constant referral to subducted tectonic plates which usually create shallow seaways and island archipelagos (or mountains/volcanos).

Non-DLC 4 predictions aside, we can most likely expect that Buried is the cause of a subducted tectonic plate in Africa(right? or is it in 'Merica?) that probably caused the lava in Tranzit, and the earth-shattering blows that the buildings in Die Rise felt.

• Administrators

At this point in time, the phrase "mend the rift" is going into varied discussions. Some are even seeing it as a physical form. Kind of like "the map is where it is now because of a rift" and such. But the question becomes how do you mend a physical event such as that? It may as well be a double meaning.

It would have to be. Judging from the opening we can pretty much be for sure that this "rift" is some kind of actual location, but in what way is this related to "Mend the rift". It would have to have a greater meaning.

I'll leave the opening scene here for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4r-yql1Ig

Also take note of the map name. "Resolution 1295". I have no idea what the numbers mean but Resolution? A look in websters gives us multiple meanings but the most relevant is the obvious definition "The act or process of resolving" and "something that is resolved

So we have our goal, to solve or fix some problem, we have our location, this "Rift" both physical or in a greater sense. This matches up pretty well with "Mend the rift" to me but in what why is this remotely linked to Die Rise? And why are we trying to resolve something?