Where are we going?(from here)

FatedTitan

After seeing what we've seen of Buried, I have to say that I'm not excited at all. An old western-themed map...underground. Really? How does this relate to anything? The zombies look ridiculous, not scary. The location looks really dumb honestly. The bosses look really strange and uncreative(let's play off of the giant redneck concept). The whole thing screams BLAH to me.

Now, story may change it for me. They claim there's much more story involved in this. I just don't understand why we are in an old west town that's underground. Where do you even come up with that stuff? It just seems pretty random and doesn't fit zombies at all.

I just really am disappointed. I was expecting something amazing in Paris or some other place that would finish our towers and we'd see a huge effect. And while I'm sure there'll be some kind of tower, I don't see how we'll have anything of significance occur at this location.

I really would love to know who was sitting in staff meeting and said "An old west town underground." And more than that, I'd love to see who actually agreed to that...

I apologize for my venting. I love zombies and love the story involved. But this just seems like a slap in the face from Treyarch.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, story may change it for me. They claim there's much more story involved in this. I just don't understand why we are in an old west town that's underground. Where do you even come up with that stuff? It just seems pretty random and doesn't fit zombies at all.

I think this can be said for every map thus far, really. How did a theatre come into play for zombies? How did a space station? How did the Pentagon? How did a random nuclear bomb test site? The location doesn't really matter anymore storywise, because the minds behind zombies know how to make it work.

I just really am disappointed. I was expecting something amazing in Paris or some other place that would finish our towers and we'd see a huge effect. And while I'm sure there'll be some kind of tower, I don't see how we'll have anything of significance occur at this location.

People keep saying that they want Paris, but I just cannot understand WHY they would want it. The zombie devs decided a long time ago that it was too anticlimatic and boring back in Black Ops. Even if they had new ideas, if they couldn't make it more interesting back then, how would they make it more interesting now? I really think that there isn't going to be a Paris map any time soon.

The thing is though Flammen, they changed it to Moon well into Paris' development. That said, I imagine they saved and kept a basic model of the map before scrapping it. Not to mention the story implications, it can easily comeback.

Fun fact, some people think that the giant crevasse with the rockets was a river for Paris.

I think that the idea of the old west town underground isn't the worst idea. There obviously is going to be a lot more to this map. Note that the haunted house isn't very fitting to the old west town, either. Perhaps these maps underground could have something to do with the rift we've seem to have forgotten about shortly after MotD. Instead of thinking the idea of the town underground is stupid, look from an optimistic standpoint. Why is it underground? Why have they made a misfitting atmosphere? Also, who's to say we won't finish our final tower? There may be a tower sticking out of one of the cavern entrances after all. With the amount of complaints going on aboiut the N4, maybe this is the last time we'll even see them. We have what, 4 or 5 more days until the release? I say wait before we shoot down the idea. :D

I starting to get tired of all the people complaining about new maps. I don't care where a map is located or what new features are included I'm exited for Buried and the last DLC map no matter what it is. If you're disappointed with the new map don't play it!

Overall I'm just trying to say is be grateful we get a new zombies map. :D

I don't see why more people are excited about this new map. With it being the 3rd DLC with only 1 more after this. It almost HAS to fill up all the gaps in the story that will lead us up to our final zombies map, where we finish it all (I hope not, but i could see this happening). This maps EE is going to have some really big answers for us. And I myself and extremely excited to find out whats going on in this story. Because right now i'm really confused on what the motive is behind this whole Tower thing, Where the hell the O4 are, and why we have these navcards. I'm sure 2 of the 3 questions will be answered in this map.

I'm not disappointed because its underground. I just don't understand how this western theme fits anywhere into zombies.

What theme "fits" into zombies in your opinion? We play in an apocalyptic town, huge buildings in Asia, Alcatraz, the Pentagon, a Soviet cosmodrome, a mysterious jungle, even the moon! It doesn't matter what the theme or location is, what matters is the storyline, gameplay, and how fun the map will actually be. Western zombies is something we've never had, so Treyarch is trying to give us something different with each zombie map. They could've stuck with it being Nazi Zombies, but then there'd be little diversity in each map most likely. People need to try to think about the benefits of this being a western town instead of thinking "ERMAGERD, COWBY ZAMBIES, DATS STUPD!!"

I'm sorry to say it but I am really disappointed with this map.. and it's not because it's underground it's just simply because it wasn't what I was expecting. I just don't see where we are going with this storyline.. because lately it's been starting to drag especially with the maps Tranzit and die rise as far as i'm concerned MOTD was the only good map this game. I just think that the zombies team has let themselves down this time round.

I'm sorry to say it but I am really disappointed with this map.. and it's not because it's underground it's just simply because it wasn't what I was expecting. I just don't see where we are going with this storyline.. because lately it's been starting to drag especially with the maps Tranzit and die rise as far as i'm concerned MOTD was the only good map this game. I just think that the zombies team has let themselves down this time round.

While I agree compared Black Ops 1 and WaW the zombies team has slacked in Black Ops 2. But basically what your saying is you don't like the map because it isn't what you expected o.O WHAT IS THE FIRST RULE OF ZOMBIES? Expect the unexpected...that and the zombie team can't read your mind. -_-

I'm not disappointed because its underground. I just don't understand how this western theme fits anywhere into zombies.

Possibly the same way it did with Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.

I agree that the zombies look more funny than scary. It kinda reminded me of Dead Rising 2 for a second.

Mob of the Dead had some pretty good zombie models though, not funny and looking menacing.

Part of me thinks that this'll be one of the best map to date but the other part of me is thinking "Ehh...." because it's kind of weird why we never heard/learnt what the N4 were doing during the events of MOTD. In COTD we knew what happened to the O4 and why we weren't playing as them and it's importance to the zombies storyline. I hope Buried fills us in on that info.

Those of you stating "I'm really disappointed with this map..."

HAVE YOU PLAYED IT YET? IF SO HOW??

yes i'm calling ya'll out for claiming you don't like a map without even having played it.

That's like assuming that had Studio been released first, people wouldnt have liked it enough to warrant remaking it in a future game.

the only difference is cosmetics.

Wait until the actual map comes out and your get to see how it PLAYS and the game play is and how the STORY progresses, before any opinions are formed. Just because a couple of the zombies are wearing top hats or cowboy hats doesnt mean the map itself won't be great. open your minds people.

If you let a cowboy hat wearing zombie model cause you to go into the map with a closed mind and preconceived notion of it sucking, you probably won't like it. I encourage everybody to get out of their own way when playing the map and jsut take it in, THEN formulate your opinion /rant

Just a little thought. Are we all just disappointed about this map because it follows 'Mob of the Dead'?

There is no doubt that MOTD added a lot of new features, most people (not all) love these new additions and put this as one of their top maps.

Even though I do have to agree with most of the things said about this map such as the hats looking silly :P :

I do believe this map will give us a lot in ways of both story and gameplay (such as the maze given out in the achievements, I'm looking forward to this + the whole 'playing with your deepest fears' thing going on).

If 'Buried' followed 'Great Leap Forward' or 'Green Run' would you be saying the same thing now?

BTW I love the N4, great characters and I think they have been a great change from the other characters we've had, I'd like to think that these are original characters who each have a part in the grand scheme of things, they are a key part to the story and hope they stay. O4 were great, don't get me wrong, but I would most definitely miss the N4 if they went.

basically what your saying is you don't like the map because it isn't what you expected o.O WHAT IS THE FIRST RULE OF ZOMBIES? Expect the unexpected...that and the zombie team can't read your mind. -_-

I don't really know how to explain why I don't like it that much and I understand that they can't read my mind. I just feel like this was sort of rushed it looks like not a lot of thought went into it but then again you could say the same about Tranzit.

I honestly am disappointed with the zombies overall this time around. All of the zombie maps made by the zombie devs are rubbish. Mob of the Dead has probably been one of my most favourite zombie experiences to date. To me it just feels like they have lost their mojo. I miss the old "creepy" feeling in the old maps. I played Ascension for the first time in a while and I was surprised at how much I was creeped out. All we can do is hope that the final map pack will compensate for these maps so far.

~Experience

basically what your saying is you don't like the map because it isn't what you expected o.O WHAT IS THE FIRST RULE OF ZOMBIES? Expect the unexpected...that and the zombie team can't read your mind. -_-

I don't really know how to explain why I don't like it that much and I understand that they can't read my mind. I just feel like this was sort of rushed it looks like not a lot of thought went into it but then again you could say the same about Tranzit.

Rushed? Seriously? They've been working on this and DLC 4 since after Die Rise o.O and that was back in Feb-March o.O trust me this match isn't rushed. As for the zombie hats these are things the zombie team have done since WaW with Nazi Zombies. Natch,Verruckt, Der Riese, Kino all had Nazi Uniforms. Shi no Numa had Imperial Army Uniforms. Ascension had scientist/astronaut uniforms. CoTD had Scuba Suits, etc. Shangri-La,TranZit, and Die Rise had Civilian clothing, Moon once again had space suits. For me the textures/models don't really matter honestly I think it was CoTD where they really started changing the models(skin/face wise) Me I don't expect an amazing model with graphics like Battlefield, I don't expect the skins to look amazing like MoTD. I just like the game, how it plays, the EE the end. THAT is what you should be judging the game on.

Rushed? Seriously?

I'm on Your Dearest Sailor's side here. Tranzit and Die Rise both seemed rushed. As if they couldn't find a better idea and made them at the last minute. They pumped the community for Black Ops 2 zombies but in the end, didn't deliver like they promised. Buried is no exception. Don't get me wrong these maps are awesome ideas. Unfortunately they don't play as well as they look.

~Experience

I am very unhappy with BO2 zombies in general.

And I do not care for this new map.

That makes me sad.

Because I like CoD zombies. :|

Completely agree. Buried looks (at the minute at least...) like an unusual choice of setting, and I am sure there is a hundred other possible choices of location they could have went with, but of course I will reserve my judgement until I play the map first, but...

I did this already with Die Rise and MotD, and I was disappointed with them in the end too, so...