Buried "Replacers Video" Breakdown

GRILL

_SWrzMbp0Fg

The Replacers Trailer is out for DLC 3, and we've been given some glimpses into what mysteries "Buried" holds. Let's break it down:

It certainly is a wild west themed town, and it makes me wonder if it's legit or indeed, like Calico, CA - a ghost town theme park. The part that confused me is why it's underground - perhaps this was a result of the rockets shift tectonic plates? Hopefully, we'll find out.

There's an old house, that appears to be of semi Victorian style. We see a figure of a woman from far away, gazing out the window. Who is this woman? Perhaps she is the voice we heard for the official DLC 3 Trailer saying, "you'll never get out alive".

On the front porch, you can see a wall gun on the left side. Perhaps m14?

Close up of the woman, she looks troubled... but wouldn't be troubled with all these zombies about?

Zombies have blue eyes this time, back to ol' Richtofen.

Mystery box location.

Uh - is that woman floating through the air? Her dress kind of seems ghostly.

Apparently you can shoot her, and she discharges some sort of green/purple mist. Also - what's the deal with the street light? I thought this was a wild west town?

Narrow hallway...

That leads to Jugg!

Notice how Marlton is the one holding it. A lot of theories going around that perhaps Marlton improved the Ray Gun that we know and created the Ray Gun M2. He's standing in a church as well, not sure if this will be set above ground.

Court is in session. Justice Misty resides. I believe this will be set above ground too.

Letting new character out of his cage, Samuel is in the cage in the screen cap.

You can see that something shimmers inside of the giant's cell, much like the shimmering of the keys in Die Rise.

New character wants something...

Look at all that candy!

Oh... he's hungry...

Well at least now he can smash zombies for you

Including... perhaps... a boss zombie? Take note of the scarecrow-esque hat.

New character with blood stained fists, standing alongside Samuel again. Perhaps Samuel is the only who can interact with this new character...

This is the last frame of the trailer. This guy has that same scarecrow looking hat, and he looks pretty mean. I'm wondering if he is a boss zombie... also... DOES HE HAVE MUTTONCHOPS?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know your thoughts below. Pretty crazy stuff.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Very nice breakdown, friendo! The Victorian woman/ghost is going to be the biggest mystery thus far. Fom what you have shown us, it looks like she doesn't go beyond the area of the house (though I could be very wrong). Also, a mutton-chop zombie boss? THAT would be very interesting, haha.

If giing candy to the big guy makes him aid us, I wonder what would cause him to oppose us...great work!

Hmm, some very nice catches. One thing I've noticed is that while some zombies look old westish, others look misfitting. For example, in the picture titled "Mystery Box Location" there is a zombie that looks like he's in safari clothing, and the one above it seems to look different as well. Also, as you pointed out, the haunted mansion and the dark street light near it aren't very fitting to the environment either. Also, why are there trees growing under ground? The new tall guy has the letters "SUGR" tattooed on them, so I'm guessing he's going to be in that candy store a lot. Also, at 1:43-1:45 there is a workbench in the background! It doesn't look like a zombie shield, either. To me, it resembles and AGR from multiplayer. Maybe it's a newer version of the turret from TranZit?

Very nice work, GRILL.

I don't know if any of you noticed this, but if you rip all the frames or watch it in super slow motion, the in the scene with Misty in the courtroom the paintings behind her move.

This I feel is going to be one of the weirdest maps to date. Ghosts and non playable allies. :D

Also before anyone claims the ghost is Samantha [As I've noticed a lot on Official CoD forums/ Trailers] it is most likely NOT her.

The reasons are:

The face looks nothing like her.

Just because they wore similar dresses don't make them the same person. [Plus, from I've seen, Samantha's dress is knee length while this ghosts appears to be full length.]

Her body is still on the Moon, in the MPD. You could give the argument that it's her soul however.

Plus, if it is her, why would she harass the new crew. She probably doesn't even know they exist. [Though she may know of Marlton on Nuketown]But even then, she wouldn't know where they are now.

But hey, at least in this map we are getting COD: Ghosts. :P

I feel that rather than a complete "wild west era themed map", the map could have been created from two parts:

1. Underground mine w/ Old Western Town above/near that may have fallen/sunk inside mine.

2. Victorian Era town w/ street lamps and that ghost woman's house may have been built over the mining town and/or some parts of it may have also fallen/sunk inside mine.

It definitely seems as though some parts of the map are above ground and there also seems to be a good bit of sunlight for this map. Also, how did the new crew even get there?

Good Breakdown! When I first saw the trailer i was positive that it was Samantha but after looking at Samantha back at Moon and the girl in Buried they have some differences. I also didn't see anyone notice that this prisoner guy that we can use to help us is very tall. How'd he get to be like that? 115? I don't know.

In the mystery box location shot you can see green light at the top right. Speed Cola is probably around the back of the broken wall on the 2nd floor.

I would assume this is a replica town or a tourist attraction. Some things are just really out of place.

One thing i'd like to mention about bosses in BOI and BOII DLC maps.

DLC1: A round-specific boss which involves perks.

DLC2: a non-round-specific boss with lots of health and who is more annoying than deadly.

DLC3: Two non-round specific bosses. One is fast and weak; the other is slow and powerful.

If they continue this trend i'd say the ghost woman might be fast and weak, and non round-specific. She might even be a Banshee and act like a shrieker.

In the mystery box location shot you can see green light at the top right. Speed Cola is probably around the back of the broken wall on the 2nd floor.

I would assume this is a replica town or a tourist attraction. Some things are just really out of place.

One thing i'd like to mention about bosses in BOI and BOII DLC maps.

DLC1: A round-specific boss which involves perks.

DLC2: a non-round-specific boss with lots of health and who is more annoying than deadly.

DLC3: Two non-round specific bosses. One is fast and weak; the other is slow and powerful.

If they continue this trend i'd say the ghost woman might be fast and weak, and non round-specific. She might even be a Banshee and act like a shrieker.

Yeah I was thinking this too. But if she is under house arrest so to speak and can only stay near the house/Victorian part of the map, maybe the pack a punch is in the house, and she doesn't like people who overstay their welcome and camp there. 3arch: Letting people camp MORE in Multiplayer and LESS in Zombies.

That's some good stuff there. Congrats on the breakdown.

We have a break down which can be viewed below:

In this video we discuss:

The Woman

Box and New Perk(s)

Buildables

The New "Ally" referred to as Woody (in reference to Woody Harrelson)

Shimmering Objects

The Bank

Let us know what you think.