I really don't get why they don't bring out the zombie dlc maps separately and making them cost $4.00 each or something. I have never bought any dlc map packs except rezurrection (it only contained zombies maps) for cod because

1. they are expensive.

2. I don't want multiplayer maps.

The only reason I play call of duty is for zombies and I would like to have the maps sold separately so I don't have to pay loads.

btw sorry this sort of rant thing I just really had to say it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get why they don't bring out the zombie dlc maps separately and making them cost $4.00 each or something. I have never bought any dlc map packs except rezurrection (it only contained zombies maps) for cod because

1. they are expensive.

2. I don't want multiplayer maps.

The only reason I play call of duty is for zombies and I would like to have the maps sold separately so I don't have to pay loads.

btw sorry this sort of rant thing I just really had to say it.

here is a little tip for you and any other xbox 360 playing members who don't like to buy the packs because they cost too much.

Bing rewards. if you do 30 searches a day on bing it gets you 15 reward points. you can redeem 500 reward points for a 400 MS point code. there are other ways to get bonus points too, but assuming you only do your daily searches 500/15= 33.33 round up to 34 days. now there were 77 days between dlc 1 and dlc 2. and it takes 102 days to get the 1200 ms points that each map pack costs. so basically, if you are diligent with your searching (takes 10 minutes a day tops) you can get each pack for free, within a month of its release.

PRO TIP OF THE DAY! :))

they know they would lose money because most people buy the map packs for zombies

i don't think this is true at all. yes zombies is more popular than ever and has become much more than a minigame, but multiplayer is still king of call of duty. if MOST people only got dlc because of zombies, they would a) scrap multiplayer and make only zombies and B) activision would lobby hard to give infinity ward zombies rights as well. Even though HERE at CODZ most of us may buy the pack for zombeis mainly, thats just not true overall

It is true that they release zombies DLC packaged with the Multiplayer DLC because even if birdman is right and not everyone gets DLC for just the zombies, a large portion of players still do, so they would lose money if they did that. This is the only reason for this package deal. A decent company probably would sell zombie maps as stand-alone for $5 or so (which is still a little steep, but I'd take it).

However, Sailor, as much as I hate to buy in to this evil, greedy exploit of capitalism, the maps in BO1 are pretty worth it... Shangri-La remains my favorite to this day 8-)

Making money is thing that you need after you spent time making a game but I just thought it would be pretty cool to get the maps seperatly since I wan't mob of the dead so bad but I can't afford it at the moment.

Well at least you got some good ones, with Kino, "Five", and the Rezurrection maps.

Oh, and Green Run... :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say this, but you guys are a bit naive if you think most people buy the DLC for zombies. I can see how people here think that way, but your views are skewed because the only thing we talk about on this forum is zombies. In reality, multiplayer always has 3-4x more people playing online than zombies, for both BOI and BOII.

The other fact is that only 14-18% of players bought the Rezzurection map pack, whereas the other BOI map packs were bought by about 30% of COD players.

Multiplayer will always be Call of Duty's main attraction.

Sorry to say this, but you guys are a bit naive if you think most people buy the DLC for zombies. I can see how people here think that way, but your views are skewed because the only thing we talk about on this forum is zombies. In reality, multiplayer always has 3-4x more people playing online than zombies, for both BOI and BOII.

The other fact is that only 14-18% of players bought the Rezzurection map pack, whereas the other BOI map packs were bought by about 30% of COD players.

Multiplayer will always be Call of Duty's main attraction.

yeeea think about it, ppl played MW3 and bought all the dlc, that had no Zombies. i know people on my friends list who havent even played the zombie maps that come with the DLC bcuz they love multiplayer so much. if ANY thing we should be complaining about gettin just one map in the dlc, they always have one or 2 maps that arent really good or ppl dont like. why not give us another map just for kicks lol