• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been having the same issue over and over again ever since I got the game in November last year.

It seemed to happen to me more frequently than with other people. But I never took notice.

If I continued playing after I'd turned down my volume, usually the game just completely froze after a while. I still didn't pay a lot of attention to it back then even if it got frustrating sometimes when playing with others and screwed up both my own and their high round.

However, last week I had a first good go on solo on the map Mob of the Dead, and when I was at round 62 somewhere, my sound glitched, bugged, started making the helicopter/demonic noises -whatever you wish to call them. And I knew then it would only be a matter of time probably, when my game would just freeze. So I played a few more rounds -had a few downs as well- and disappointedly decided to secure my high round at 68 so I ended the game because I got scared it would freeze (with the loss of the game record as a result, as I've learned previously).

As I voluntarily ended the game, felt that I could have easily gone at least ten more rounds. So I decided to give it another go in the weekend that was to come. I set my goal at round 100.

I started on Saturday evening (15th of June) and got to round 49 I think before I went to bed. No problem at all.

Then on Sunday I got up early, played the entire day and my sound started bugging from round 58. I decided to keep playing, because what if this would happen to me every time I tried this? So I played and played and at 10.15PM I had almost reached my goal.

I was at round 96, with 17 downs, 11.142 kills(checked them at start of the round), more than 777 headshots, 223.460 points, at max ammo, 3x afterlives remaining... About to activate the acid trap to kill another horde.. And out of nowhere, without warning.. My game froze :cry: I tried everything! But of course it was all over, nothing to be recovered. The round didn't count, nor did the kills, downs or headshots.. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get to that round again without getting that awful game-screwing sound glitch?? Please help. I'm desperate.. Sorry for my awful English, not a native speaker.. Cheers Sauron-the-Great

@ iamintozombies - welcome to CoDz!

This is a very common issue with Black Ops II PS3 users.

Look at these 2 forum threads, 1 on the PS3 support & 1 on the Activision Black Ops II PS3 support. They are almost endless with people reporting the same issue. The only thing that may work is disconnect your HDMI Cable & use an AVI cable if possible? And keep doing searches on the net to find a fix? Sucks about the high round freezes.

Black Ops II Activision Webpage

Playstation Support Forum

Thanks-

I know about those forums, and I know it's a common issue. I just thought mine was worse than others. Seems like a lot of people are getting the game to freeze as well if they keep playing.

I never play with HDMI since I just use an old television. I tried finding another solution, maybe it's the processor taking too much heat, so I put it on a small sort of pegs so it is lifted from the surface. Anyway, I found the first part of my game is still in theater mode, so I think it's very strange that it stil didn't count the kills.

I am sure I could make it to round 100 again, but what's the point if you don't know for sure whether it's going to bug again at say round 75+ :s . From what I've read Treyarch hasn't been able to find the cause -let alone solution- to the problem.