Quick Flash of a Room from Original Trailer

Hey guys, if you remember from the original trailer of Mob of the Dead there was a quick flash of a room with a Teddy Bear in it. I cannot remember the name of the room and I am new to this so I do not know how to upload pictures of it. I was wondering if anyone has found any connection to the room and Mob of the Dead...or is it just an Easter Egg for no reason. That just doesn't seem right to me.

So is there any connection to that room?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember exactly the picture you are talking about. It was a small room like the ones you would be placed in after the PaP room in Kino. However it didnt have much of anything in it other than a teddy bear in the center of the room (I believe it was holding a Bowie knife as well).

I was thinking about this the other day. I'm glad you brought it up. Was it from a MOTD trailer though? I couldn't remember what it was from.

In Alcatraz Prison I believe this was known as 'the hole' :shock:

It was one of the punishments they used on bad prisoners. Basically this was a psychological form of punishment, no light, no sounds and nobody around (apart from a guard or two).

If you look at the effects of isolation methods like this it can have extreme consequences on someone. They would hallucinate, believing things were there when really they aren't (just like when you're young and you believe there is someone at the bottom of the stairs at night, in the dark, when the house is locked...).

You'd probably also have no idea whether someone was coming back for you, that along with many other scenarios and images will certainly play on your mind after a while in there.

Pretty scary stuff! As for where to find it in MOTD I haven't seen it yet, has anyone tried theater mode?

It's just a trailer Easter Egg & a bit of a joke - "Teddy is in Solitary Confinement"

If you look closely you'll see that the image is actually a photo.

This cell is solitary confinement or "The Hole".

Cells 9–14 were known as "The Hole", the worst cells for confinement as a punishment for inmates who stepped out of line, located at the end of D-Block.

The five cells of "The Hole" had nothing but a sink and toilet and the very worst cell was nicknamed "The Oriental" or "Strip Cell", the final cell of the block with nothing but a hole in the floor as a toilet, in which prisoners would often be confined naked with nothing else for two days.

Alcatraz Library was located at the end of D-Block.

Look Familiar?

The game starts in D-Block even though in the trailer the characters cells were in "Broadway". And in the game these solitary confinement cells actually have beds & furniture. It's just a hidden image in the trailer.

Here is a thread that is on the last page of Mob of the Dead forum. This was realised when the trailer was released.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=30390