How does the MPD come to the Moon?

So I was discussing this with some friends and we all had some pretty interesting ideas. But I didn't know how this could work. The MPD is almost alien in nature and doesn't fit anywhere within the Moon's history or environment. So I decided that the best way to look was in-game. I soon realized that playing Moon was not the best answer because there are no answers, only questions. So I turned to loading screens and what popped into my head was...interesting... Tell me what you think.

So here we have our loading screens. We've all seen these before. So let's analyze a bit.

In Shangri-la's loading screen, it shows a torando or some type of storm wreaking havoc on this civilization. In the process, we see one temple in particular being brought into the air.

Now, moving on to Moon, we have a "Meanwhile..." A meanwhile can only mean that it's happening while this storm is occurring on Shangri-la. Which means that the temple we see floaing in Moon's loading screen is the same temple that we see being picked up in Shangri-la's loading screen.

So we find that this temple floats its way through space until it crash lands on the Moon. We then see astronauts(Germans) exploring and an excavator digging.

I've been many places around the world and one thing holds true...if there is a temple, there are normally, or at one point were, valuable artifacts inside. So from this point on, put on our imagination caps. This is all speculation, but I'd like to see what all of you think as well. What if the MPD was within the temple? It got carried all the way to the Moon. The MPD itself was in an area that was closed off from the outside atmosphere, which led to there still being air present in the room. So when Richtofen teleports, he's within the temple on the Moon. He notices the MPD and does his thing that is described in the radio.

Well afterwards, research must be done on this MPD. So the Germans come to the Moon, as seen in the loading screen, and want to perform tests on this MPD to harness its power. But they find that the temple is just causing problems and they cannot perform adequate testing on the MPD while it is there. So they destroy it, leaving only the MPD standing so that they can perform tests. They then build Griffin Station.

The loading screens seem to point toward this and the dropa stone within the Biodome also hint at this being what occurred. But I want to know what you think! So let me know!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This theory actually makes a lot of sense, good find :)

For quite sometime, I believed that the majority of the loading screens really have nothing to do with the actual storyline. But after seeing this I'm going to do a double take on the loading screens.

The idear of the MPD being inside the temple that was uprooted by the tornado and sent into space until it landed on the Moon, then sometime later the Nazis (Groph, Schuster, etc.) discover it and destroy the pyramid, leaving only the MPD is very plausible.

Keep up the research and maybe you'll find out more secrets in the loading screens :shock: because 3Arch has made the loading screens and various things in the Zombie Universe, mysterious.

I don't want to poke holes in this but...

We see samanthia's shadow... And samanthia only comes to play after the mpd is on the moon... Heck, richtofen doesnt come to play until after the MPD is found on the moon... Purhaps the pyramid is actually the maxis AI that some how got into the machine... We beleive maxis was in shangri la for a while, it is possible he could have made an anchient advanced computer virus for the MPD he would then send to the moon via swirly black tornado...

I don't want to poke holes in this but...

We see samanthia's shadow... And samanthia only comes to play after the mpd is on the moon... Heck, richtofen doesnt come to play until after the MPD is found on the moon... Purhaps the pyramid is actually the maxis AI that some how got into the machine... We beleive maxis was in shangri la for a while, it is possible he could have made an anchient advanced computer virus for the MPD he would then send to the moon via swirly black tornado...

I would say that Samantha's shadow is forehshadowing what would come. It also points toward our meeting with Samantha in the map. Remember that it is an extremely large shadow that goes across the surface of the moon. Seems more symbolic than anything. Richtofen was the first one to find the MPD on the Moon. That's why you can see that the temple seems to be solidly in the ground at the moon, not recently fallen. It's been there a while.

I don't think so with the Maxis deal. I can't say to know things for sure about Maxis. It's still pretty vague with him communicating through electronics and such. But I don't think that's right.

The first 935 scientist (or rather the first zombies character) to go to the moon was Richtofen, because of an MTD malfunction. When he gets there the MPD is already there. He interacts with it BEFORE going to shangri-la. Only once he returns to der riese from the jungle is Gryphon Station constructed. The excavators are part of the station (built around the MPD) which are seen in moon's loading screen with the temple, so there's no way it could have come from the temple. It was there well before the events of the map shangri-la, which are depicted on the loading screen.

The first 935 scientist (or rather the first zombies character) to go to the moon was Richtofen, because of an MTD malfunction. When he gets there the MPD is already there. He interacts with it BEFORE going to shangri-la. Only once he returns to der riese from the jungle is Gryphon Station constructed. The excavators are part of the station (built around the MPD) which are seen in moon's loading screen with the temple, so there's no way it could have come from the temple. It was there well before the events of the map shangri-la, which are depicted on the loading screen.

But what I'm saying is that the loading screens are what is happening when the characters are there. I'm saying that the loading screens are telling you information about these maps that happen long before we arrive at them. For instance, a huge storm hits Shangri-la and the temple is thrown into the air. Meanwhile, the storm has thrown this temple into space and it floats and lands at Moon. THEN Richtofen arrives sometime later and discovers it. You can see that originally there are astronauts around the temple at first exploring it it seems. Only after that frame do the excavators come into play. It would seem the excavators were brought to dig out and destroy the temple that originally inhabited that area.

That's a valid point, but it would be awfully inconsistent on treyarch's part. The events of the kino loading screen are what lea up to the actual map's events. They take place very shortly before the map begins. The ascension screen shows doctors alive, so it must have been before the events of the map take place. However the zombies on the map have some cognitive memory of their past lives / training (they barrel-roll) so they are likely recently dead. So the loading screen depicts the launch facility operating very shortly before the map's occurrence, when it was still intact. CotD's loading screen, while made to look like a movie poster, depicts the map while it is happening, or during the opening cutscene (right before.) even Five's loading screen shows the men preparing for the events of the map. this also holds true for BOII maps.

All of them take place very shortly before or during the actual events that transpire on the map. Consequently all the loading screens are in chronological order. Why then would these 2 maps break that streak?

I'm not saying It's impossible, but it would be strange.

That's a valid point, but it would be awfully inconsistent on treyarch's part. The events of the kino loading screen are what lea up to the actual map's events. They take place very shortly before the map begins. The ascension screen shows doctors alive, so it must have been before the events of the map take place. However the zombies on the map have some cognitive memory of their past lives / training (they barrel-roll) so they are likely recently dead. So the loading screen depicts the launch facility operating very shortly before the map's occurrence, when it was still intact. CotD's loading screen, while made to look like a movie poster, depicts the map while it is happening, or during the opening cutscene (right before.) even Five's loading screen shows the men preparing for the events of the map. this also holds true for BOII maps.

All of them take place very shortly before or during the actual events that transpire on the map. Consequently all the loading screens are in chronological order. Why then would these 2 maps break that streak?

I'm not saying It's impossible, but it would be strange.

Good points. I'd say remember the comic book aspect. The Shang loading screen depicts Shangri-la at one point when a storm is happening. We even see the temple being thrown into the air. Then, it shows that temple in space, then on the Moon, etc. And for all we know, these both happened recently. Remember the radios on Moon depict Richtofen's first arrival at the MPD. So this could have happened just before he came for all we know. And Shangri-la is showing what caused this temple to land on the moon in the first place.

Think of it like Fight Club(I know I broke the first two rules). Until the end of the movie, you don't understand what is going on at the beginning. Then you look back and say "Ah now I get what that was!" The same applies here. We're looking back so that we can say "Ah now I see how that got there!"

Firstly, fight club = yes.

What i mean about the Screens being in chronological order is this.

The first time richtofen discovered the MPD and the first time he went to shangri-la was before the map shi no numa took place. The actual map shangri-la is the second time richtofen went there. Since the pyramid went to space shortly before the O4 got there (richtofen's second trip), and richtofen had already met the MPD potentially YEARS before revisiting it, there's no way the MPD came from the pyramid.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, fight club = yes.

What i mean about the Screens being in chronological order is this.

The first time richtofen discovered the MPD and the first time he went to shangri-la was before the map shi no numa took place. The actual map shangri-la is the second time richtofen went there. Since the pyramid went to space shortly before the O4 got there (richtofen's second trip), and richtofen had already met the MPD potentially YEARS before revisiting it, there's no way the MPD came from the pyramid.

What I'm saying is that the the pyramid didn't move right before the O4 got there. I'm saying that it occurred before Richtofen came. It's like a flashback in the panels explaining how things got to that position when we are playing there.

See I don't believe it lands on it while astronauts are there. This is what I see.

1. Shangri-la tornado storm occurs.

2. Temple is thrown into space.

3. Temple lands on Moon.

5. Richtofen teleports to the temple.

6. Richtofen teleports to Shangri-la.

7. Richtofen brings Germans back to Moon in teleporter. As you can see in the loading screen, one astronaut is ahead of the others looking as if he's saying "Come on it's this way!"

8. Germans destroy the temple to have easy access to MPD.

9. Griffin Station built.

10. Events occur.

11. Crew arrives at Shangri-la.

12. Crew arrives at Moon.

It's based on the loading screen which shows the pyramid landing on the Moon while astronauts are on it.

the top part only shows the pyramid through space, you cant see the astronaunts. the pyramid looks settled and have been there for some time in the scene with the astronaunts. to be honest it looks like they were building Griffn Station, excavator in the bottom right, why else would it be there but thats only my perspective on it.

Look. I wasn't going to post, but since my video was brought to it, I feel I must.

You can debate it if you want, but in the words of the Weasel, "it won't [bleep]ing matter."

What we know comes from MixMasterNut two years ago:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulle ... ed-5-30-12)

There were three Pyramids. MixMasterNut found this and pointed it out. It explains not only the pyramid in Shangri-La and the one on the Moon, but it also explains the missing third one. This is the one that is seen in the opening screen of the Moon. It is also the presumed light source of the blinking light in Call of the Dead. (It had to be a satellite of some sort. And the Germans had no satellites.)

He details the tornadoes in Shangri-La, which MixMasterNut found to be called akin to vortex engines.

The Pyramids are rock on the outside and metal on the outside. This is why only the metal remains of the one on the Moon. The rest was demolished in building Griffin Station. Still, pieces remain in the Biodome. This is also why the Pyramid in Shangri-La took almost no damage when hit by a 115 meteor. It has a metallic infrastructure.

The exact purposes of the Pyramids is a mystery. The one in Shangri-La is a time machine. The one in the sky emits light? The one on the Moon is a dimensional gateway.

The "Meanwhile" statement shows a Pyramid flying in the sky. The astronauts come later, after a giant shadow, leading those panels to be questionable for anything beyond metaphorical reference. Who are the astronauts? Vril-Ya? German? American? Who's to say?

MixMasterNut found these things to be true two years ago. You can argue about this, but in the end, this was settled two years ago. You can bring it up, but the only real way to change what has been decided is to build a time machine and go back in time. Treyarch saw MixMasterNut's theory for two years. You will never be able to build a theory to counter MixMasterNut's BETTER than he. You could argue you could be on equal footing, but you will certainly not surpass him. So, when forced to choose his or anyone else's theory, I will stick with the one that has been seen by Treyarch for TWO YEARS and unchallenged (until you guys came along).

Oh, and my video was me detailing this. You can go along with what's been proven, or you can try to fight it. My video is with the views of MixMasterNut. I once tried to fight the hanging Peter theory. There really is no use.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed the movie. It is one of the most spectacular events detailed in Zombies.

I would argue that the theory you just stated MMX is a much larger stretch than my, especially looking at it from the comic book stand point. But whatever you say. You are the authority on all zombies.

I'm trying to be serious here Fated. Talking like that helps no one.

I said the evidence. If that won't convince you, then nothing will.

That being said, I only gave my input because I felt I was forced. I let you believe what you will. I don't appreciate that attitude. Look at the latest podcast. There is no arrogance in my voice. You merely interpret it that way. Given from Monopoly Mac's quote in the post above, apparently I was taken for arrogant before I even spoke.

I care not what you think of me. But please try to be respectful. It may be hard to tell indifference from malevolence via text, but it is easy to tell when you are not being sincere. I am not the authority on all zombies. If anyone, that'd be Treyarch.

I find it saddening that after two years you guys wish to destroy pre-established work. That's like questioning Newtonian physics. All you'll do is digress. Although I must admit I find it amusing that showing 100% support for someone else's theory makes ME arrogant.

So Treyarch came out and said that everything you have done is what they have written for the zombie storyline? Or this is different. Because I want the real story meaning from the creator. Just saying. Its nothing special unless the person who create the game its self tells me its meaning.

Fact. Is what I want.

Written by the Devs.