O4 vs. N4, and is the New Crew soon done?

Whaddup guys,

So a few days before CoDz went down, there were quite a few interesting (and pretty revealing) tweets from David Vonderhaar, the lead game designer for BO2, and Jimmy Zielinski, a lead designer for Zombies, about upcoming DLC. (Ermahgerd those last names.) They weren't those typical cryptic ones they usually give out, either. They were straight up giving out info about it. Here's the main ones that should be looked at:

1. Jimmy and his Brother (maybe.)

First off, I really don't know if this guy is really Jimmy's brother or if it's just a joke or something, but that's unimportant. Jimmy's reply made me do a double take. Austin asked if we were going back to the Moon, and Jimmy pretty much said "No. We're going by the Moon." I'm assuming this isn't a troll to say "The Earth is by the Moon. Therefore, we went by the Moon." So, I'm thinking this is a huge clue that we're leaving Earth for the next DLC. Maybe we shall be on a space shuttle. We are in the future now. Or maybe a meteor, like Mocking Me's old idea. Or perhaps Mars. It'd be cool to see if they drop any hints about Shangri La while we're there. One thing seems pretty clear with this tweet, though. We are leaving our planet once again.

2. David V and the Community

(continues on bottom tweet.)

For those of you unfamiliar with Twitter, he basically quoted everything other people were saying after he tweeted this. So, David's pretty much saying that he wants the O4 back, but it's not been authorized to kill the N4 off. That most likely means that he proposed the idea to the Zombies team. To show the community's support, he retweeted other people to say that we also want the O4 back. Also, he directly stated that we shall choose the fate of the N4. I don't know if he means that the community's opinion shall decide the outcome of the story, or perhaps we will actually make an in-game choice that will decide their fate. I like #2 a lot, but I doubt we'd see this in the next DLC.

Info on the next DLC is coming late, and we should expect to hear something soon. Maybe next week, considering we had E3 going on this week, and perhaps some questions will be answered. But with new DLC, 3arc has a tendency to make more questions instead of answering others. Also, we are being faced with a choice. Would you rather see the N4 in upcoming DLC, or have the O4 back? (Poll is up ^there^)

bagel_, out.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TAMB I agree with you, I don't think we should lose the N4 so suddenly at Die Rise. I'd like to see at least one more map with them, and maybe at the end of the Easter Egg, the characters are overrun or something. As per having them coexist in one map, that's an interesting idea. Maybe Marlton and Misty are paired with Nikolai and Dempsey, and Russ/Stu with RichtoSam/Takeo. That'd be pretty dang cool!

@Mocking Me I absolutely love that idea. Perhaps the story map would be to close off the N4, and the Survival map would bridge that gap between the O4 getting from the Moon back to Earth. Maybe they are on the temple from Shangri La that was transported from Mars to the Moon, and eventually land on Earth. While there, clues about the final DLC are around the area you landed. Let's say in Paris or something. When they get there, they hear Maxis explain the situation with the N4 and their fate, and the same will happen to them if they don't follow Maxis. The DLC 4 story map is in Paris, and we have our epic conclusion to Zombies. The next survival maps allow you to choose which cast of characters to use, so they're non canon, and use new audio quotes. Grief can be in Der Riese for the Nostalgia, and the turned game will be the actual fate of the N4.

It will have been a huge waste of time if they end the N4 story now. I for one am sick and tired of games nowadays and their cliffhangers. GIVE US CONCLUSION! We know there will be more to the story of zombies but something needs to be finalized for once.

yea i would have to agree with him somewhat, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many unanswered questions and we barely get answers. they drop a new map pack and we forget ALL about our old questions because we have even more new ones..

dammit Treyarch i need some loose ends tied :twisted:

Whaddup guys,

So a few days before CoDz went down, there were quite a few interesting (and pretty revealing) tweets from David Vonderhaar, the lead game designer for BO2, and Jimmy Zielinski, a lead designer for Zombies, about upcoming DLC. (Ermahgerd those last names.) They weren't those typical cryptic ones they usually give out, either. They were straight up giving out info about it. Here's the main ones that should be looked at:

1. Jimmy and his Brother (maybe.)

First off, I really don't know if this guy is really Jimmy's brother or if it's just a joke or something, but that's unimportant. Jimmy's reply made me do a double take. Austin asked if we were going back to the Moon, and Jimmy pretty much said "No. We're going by the Moon." I'm assuming this isn't a troll to say "The Earth is by the Moon. Therefore, we went by the Moon." So, I'm thinking this is a huge clue that we're leaving Earth for the next DLC. Maybe we shall be on a space shuttle. We are in the future now. Or maybe a meteor, like Mocking Me's old idea. Or perhaps Mars. It'd be cool to see if they drop any hints about Shangri La while we're there. One thing seems pretty clear with this tweet, though. We are leaving our planet once again.

2. David V and the Community

(continues on bottom tweet.)

For those of you unfamiliar with Twitter, he basically quoted everything other people were saying after he tweeted this. So, David's pretty much saying that he wants the O4 back, but it's not been authorized to kill the N4 off. That most likely means that he proposed the idea to the Zombies team. To show the community's support, he retweeted other people to say that we also want the O4 back. Also, he directly stated that we shall choose the fate of the N4. I don't know if he means that the community's opinion shall decide the outcome of the story, or perhaps we will actually make an in-game choice that will decide their fate. I like #2 a lot, but I doubt we'd see this in the next DLC.

Info on the next DLC is coming late, and we should expect to hear something soon. Maybe next week, considering we had E3 going on this week, and perhaps some questions will be answered. But with new DLC, 3arc has a tendency to make more questions instead of answering others. Also, we are being faced with a choice. Would you rather see the N4 in upcoming DLC, or have the O4 back? (Poll is up ^there^)

bagel_, out.

BTW (not sure if anyone has seen this or not, but) on the selection screen where we see the Earth and we get to choose the various maps (Green Run, Nuketown, Die Rise, Alcatraz Island, etc.), when the Earth shakes, theres a huge asteroid that passes by. Also has anyone noticed that the smaller asteroids that make up the Earth's ring looks 2D/comic bookish? Like they aren't rendering in 3D like the Earth is. I have a theory that I had since Die Rise, that the selection screen is actually a comic book page. I theorized that when DLC 4 comes out will see the selection screen become a comic book page and it will show us a cinematic cutscene. I also believe we'll see the campaign team again, creating DLC 4.

When he says "by moon you mean..." he is basically asking "what do you mean by the moon?" pretending like he has no idea what the moon is. He is just trolling the poor kid. He doesn't literally mean "near the moon."

It will have been a huge waste of time if they end the N4 story now. I for one am sick and tired of games nowadays and their cliffhangers. GIVE US CONCLUSION! We know there will be more to the story of zombies but something needs to be finalized for once.

yea i would have to agree with him somewhat, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many unanswered questions and we barely get answers. they drop a new map pack and we forget ALL about our old questions because we have even more new ones..

dammit Treyarch i need some loose ends tied :twisted:

Well... Remember... We can still kill them and continue their story, after all.... Theyve died many times already! What could end their story is after their last match they're teleported to tranzit again and forced to relive the tasks of tranzit die rise and ??? All over again....

Here's my take on it-

3rd DLC- EE involves Samuel making a decision to either save his crew (Richtofen's Side), so that a mechanism freeing the O4 from the Moon/Area 51 wouldn't work, or they sacrifice themselves in some way, so that the O4 are freed.

4th DLC- If you did the EE's, you play as either N4 or O4, and if 1 person in party did EE, you play as those characters, but if there are contradicting EE's combinations, or no one did EE in party, you play as random team and EE is unavailable.