When Shangri-La Occurs

I'm new to the Forums and if someone already created a similar thread, then oops :D

So I've been wondering for a long time when Shangri-La, also known as Shambhala, takes place. The only thing that can tell us when Shangri-La occurred is the radios.

^ This is the radio that is in Shangri-La, it is called the Zoom H4n. Although most people in the community believe that the company that produced the radios is ANDO Media, but that is false, it is actually the Zoom Corporation.

The Zoom Corporation was founded in 1983, in Japan. But this is just a side note.

I decided to do some research on when the Zoom H4n was released and I found out it was released on April 1, 2009.

http://reviews.cnet.com/voice-recorders/zoom-h4n/4540-11314_7-33483153-4.html

This gives us the range of 2009-2011.

BUT WAIT!

This only gives us when GARY and BROCK arrived in Shangri-La. As for the O4, I believe when the O4 travel to Shangri-La they arrive in 2011. Reason why I say 2011 is because Shangri-La takes place after CotD (and that CotD most likely takes place in 2011, because if it a different year, I'm pretty sure there would've been a difference in their appearance/voice, I'm referring to the Celebrities BTW), after we complete the EE on CotD, we can hear an elephant before and after the O4 teleport out of CotD, hinting that the O4 will arrive in a jungle, i.e., Shangri-La.

This is just my theory on when Shangri-La occurs. If anyone thinks different, then post a reply below and tell me your theory or if you agree with mine.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, very good. Granted, the fact that the radio model wasn't released until 2009 doesn't tell us that that was the year Gary and Brock went there, but it does give us a general timeline. Its also important to note that the O4 traveled from CotD to Shang via MDT, which means time travel may have occurred. Really, the crew could've showed up anytime. Still, the date for Shangri-La is a tough one to figure out, even narrowing it down is impressive ;) Welcome to the site, by the way

Many myths state that the city of Shangri La is somewhere in the Himalayas. Assuming that it is, (sorry GRILL, this research was ignoring the Shared Mountain Theory because of my laziness.) and that you're right about Brock and Gary being there in 2009, we can narrow down a few exact dates where Brock and Gary may've been in Shangri La because of the Solar Eclipse.

There were only two Solar Eclipses in 2009, and both were visible in Asia. However, only one of them was an almost total blackout, and it was directly over the Himalayas. This eclipse occurred on July 22, 2009. With this in mind, we can safely say that Brock and Gary bought a few month old Japanese radios, and died in Shangri La on July 22, 2009. It doesn't help the timing of the events of the O4, but it does of Brock and Gary.

Hope that helped :)

Oh yeah, thanks bagel_, I actually forgot about the eclipse that occurs in Shangri-La. So with what you said that Shangri-La occurring on July 22nd, 2009, it makes more sense. Assuming that the time the O4 arrive, it would be around 2011 (because of Shangri-La occurring shortly after CotD, which most likely takes place in 2011). So maybe we've finally figured out when Shangri-La occurs? Someone should contact Tac about this.

I think you are sorta right.

I don't know why you chose that specific brand of radio. The radio in the game is branded as ANDO, which is a fictional radio company. Yet the design of the radio is what we need to consider. It's been a long time since I've looked at this, so I don't remember of any sources to bring to you. But the sleek, colored design of handheld radios I found to first be in use in the '90's, although they didn't become that popular until the 2000's.

So, we play in the map sometime in or after the 1990's. When we got back in time, that statement remains true. It is just in-between 1990 and whatever the first time was. Your statements on specific dates I don't agree with, because I don't see how you can pick a specific radio brand. So, I've stuck with these generalized decades.

The radio in the game is branded as ANDO, which is a fictional radio company.

Actually ANDO is a real company called 'ANDO Media', hence why I listed it. I also chose the Zoom brand because it matches the design of the radio in Shangri-La.

ANDO is a radio manufacturer. Ando Media is simply the first thing to come up when you type in Google, and it is a SOFTWARE packager. It's no more a radio manufacturer than the International Zombie Center is an International Zombie Disaster Center. You must realize that when it comes to the name of a company, coincidences occur. Type in any four letters into a search engine and see you get multiple copies of the same thing. It is FOOLISH to say that a SOFTWARE company makes radios (when you can look on their website and it says otherwise).

http://www.andointernational.com

http://www.andojapaneserestaurant.com

http://www.andomedia.com/login.aspx

http://miyaando.com

https://www.facebook.com/AndoSalon

http://www.andoshoes.gr

http://www.ando-shoe.com/home.htm

http://www.thaliasurf.com/andoandfriends.html

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/jcfonts/ando/

It is foolish to think that because one of the dozens of "ando"'s has something to do with audio that it is a radio manufacturer.

Also, there are many key differences between that radio and the one in the game. Sure, it is kinda close. But it isn't the same. Like I said, it is fictional.

It is FOOLISH to say that a SOFTWARE company makes radios

First of all, I never did say that ANDO makes radios now did I?

It was just a theory of mine and the theorized timeline of Shangri-La is pretty darn close, if not spot on.

Also, this thread isn't about ANDO, so I don't see why you're bringing up ANDO as if I confirmed that ANDO was the manufacturer of the radios. Besides, you only looked up 'ando' by itself, if only you would've added 'radios' to your search i.e. 'ando radios', you can see why I listed ANDO Media.

One more thing, just because the color scheme of the radio in-game is different than its real-life counterpart, it doesn't mean that they're different. If anything, they're exactly the same design in appearance, just different color schemes, that's all.

I was making it clear for any viewers, because a lot of people try to pull that ando crap.

And are you trying to say that searching "ando radios" in Google is any more justified? Because that's just barbaric. You are using a means of finding a source as justification for the source's existence? That's just ridiculous. According to that type of thinking, we'd all be quite dumb without search engines.

I pointed out to you the difference between your radio and the radio. Look at it again. The entire layout is different.

You know what? That's your opinion on your theory and I can understand. So 3Arch might of messed up on the way while creating the radios, but its always a good thing when you start to ignore the little mistakes and see the big picture. The design is similar the Zoom H4n (if not spot-on) and its pretty close to what we have in real life.

But the sleek, colored design of handheld radios I found to first be in use in the '90's, although they didn't become that popular until the 2000's

One more thing, where are your sources? You never really did tell me your sources of this sleek, colored design of the handheld radios. I gave my sources and why I believed it what the year Brock and Gary arrived in Shangri-La. I even gave my sources about the radio model/company/release date.

Like I said, the design is similar the Zoom H4n (if not spot-on) and its pretty close to what we have in real life.

this WHOLE time reading this im like WHAT radios are yall talking about, til you posted this pic lol i never knew this was in Shangri-La..makes me miss playin it :lol:

but this is an interesting post i always wondered when this took place. and Shangri-La isnt in the correct spot, if you really look at the detail of the loading screen you see that it was transported to another place...or even planet as most speculate. :shock:

Shangri-La isnt in the correct spot, if you really look at the detail of the loading screen you see that it was transported to another place...or even planet as most speculate. :shock:

Well, the Mars theory is something I don't really agree with, neither do I agree with Shangri-La being transported to another location. Reason why I say this for the second theory because for the most part, the loading screens (for the majority of the maps (this excludes Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, Five, CotD, Green Run, Die Rise and MotD) really have nothing to do with the actual storyline.

(EX. We've never figured out who are the astronauts on the Moon loading screen nor have we figured out where or how the pyramid was just floating around in space and then it lands on the surface of the Moon, yes it may be the pyramid from the Shangri-La loading screen, but thats a different story)

The Mars theory is rather ridiculous because Mars has 2 satellites (moons) and neither are the right shape for it to cover the Sun during a Martian Solar Eclipse.

This video shows that Phobos (bigger of the two moons) doesn't even cover the Sun.

Now, as for GRILL's Shared Mountain theory, I don't agree with either. IMO, it doesn't really make any sense. In the radios of Shangri-La Brock states a line that helps disprove GRILLS theory.

According to the locals, the temple should be in this mountain range, just up this river.

The only river that's in Nevada is the Colorado River, but its nowhere near where Groom Lake and Area 51 are. Although there are mountains near Area 51, there's still no way that Shangri-La is just over those mountains.

Its more believable that Shangri-La is indeed on Earth, in the Himalayas. But that is just my theory/believe for the location of Shangri-La. I mean, where else could it be?

With what bagel_ said, its more likely that Brock and Gary bought a few month old Japanese radios, and died in Shangri La on July 22, 2009.

Its not like "Oh since we're going on an expedition, we're going to buy 90's handheld radios and hope it still holds up." Like what MuderMachineX stated.

No, it makes more sense that they buy handheld radios that were recently released into the market. Again its just my theory/believe, but it makes more sense when you think about.

Its not like "Oh since we're going on an expedition, we're going to buy 90's handheld radios and hope it still holds up." Like what MuderMachineX stated.

Okay, I was going to leave you be, allow you to believe what you want, but after reading this, I've changed my mind.

You know what? That's your opinion on your theory and I can understand.

Um, no. I have no theory in this regard. What I stated works. You are trying for something more specific, which I do not think works. It's my opinion on your theory, I suppose you could say. The closest theory I have to this is the theory of how what you say doesn't work.

So 3Arch might of messed up on the way while creating the radios, but its always a good thing when you start to ignore the little mistakes and see the big picture. The design is similar the Zoom H4n (if not spot-on) and its pretty close to what we have in real life.

The buttons are completely off. The ONLY similarity is the shape and the fact that it HAS buttons and a screen. Narrowing a generic radio to one specific brand of real-life radio is folly.

ANDO DiRecorder

But the sleek, colored design of handheld radios I found to first be in use in the '90's, although they didn't become that popular until the 2000's

One more thing, where are your sources? You never really did tell me your sources of this sleek, colored design of the handheld radios. I gave my sources and why I believed it what the year Brock and Gary arrived in Shangri-La. I even gave my sources about the radio model/company/release date.

It's been a long time since I've looked at this, so I don't remember of any sources to bring to you.

I told you. I don't typically save sources for the purpose of incorrect material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_recording

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/gram ... 021-e.html

It's wikipedia, but there's another source to show it's not full of errors. Not really needed though, in my opinion. The point is not whether I'm right, it's whether you are.

Like I said, the design is similar the Zoom H4n (if not spot-on) and its pretty close to what we have in real life.

But it isn't. Close only counts in horseshoes. It is a fictional radio designed off of radios from the era. Since the era began in 1990. All we know is 1990+. You cannot base it on any specific brand from that era.

Shangri-La isnt in the correct spot, if you really look at the detail of the loading screen you see that it was transported to another place...or even planet as most speculate. :shock:

Well, the Mars theory is something I don't really agree with, neither do I agree with Shangri-La being transported to another location.

We know that Shangri-La was transported, and we know that it had the capability of being transported thanks to the Vril-Ya. There is a martian mountain in the game. How did it get there?

Reason why I say this for the second theory because for the most part, the loading screens (for the majority of the maps (this excludes Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, CotD, Green Run, Die Rise and MotD) really have nothing to do with the actual storyline.

That is not true:

Nacht der Untoten: Unknown, debated to this day

Verruckt: Established Perks

Shi No Numa: Pictures of characters

Der Riese: Identified various purposes of 935 buildings

Kino der Toten: Showed how they got there

"Five": Had a cutscene instead

Ascension: Illustrates Yuri and Gersch

Call of the Dead: Basically lays out the movie point

Shangri-La: Details catastrophic event

Moon: Shows many inventions

Green Run: Illustrates '60's stuff

Great Leap Forward: Details the intro

Alcatraz Island: Shows Al's journal

(EX. We've never figured out who are the astronauts on the Moon loading screen nor have we figured out where or how the pyramid was just floating around in space and then it lands on the surface of the Moon, yes it may be the pyramid from the Shangri-La loading screen, but thats a different story)

I don't agree with any of that, but I do agree that the loading screens can be mysterious.

The Mars theory is rather ridiculous because Mars has 2 satellites (moons) and neither are the right shape for it to cover the Sun during a Martian Solar Eclipse.

This video shows that Phobos (bigger of the two moons) doesn't even cover the Sun.

Yes, and that shows you are not aware of the theory that Shangri-La WAS on Mars. Not is. Was. In the past. Moved by the mighty, mysterious, and alien civilization of the Vril-Ya. It is now on Earth. And that is one reason it is such a mythical site, because it is almost literally... out of this world.

Also, the event detailed in the Shangri-La loading screen was not this move. It was something else:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulle ... ed-5-30-12)

Now, as for GRILL's Shared Mountain theory, I don't agree with either. IMO, it doesn't really make any sense. In the radios of Shangri-La Brock states a line that helps disprove GRILLS theory.

According to the locals, the temple should be in this mountain range, just up this river.

The only river that's in Nevada is the Colorado River, but its nowhere near where Groom Lake and Area 51 are. Although there are mountains near Area 51, there's still no way that Shangri-La is just over those mountains.

I think that if your willing to accept that Shangri La was concealed by the Govt near Area 51, then it's not too far off to consider that they created an irrigation system that runs through Shangri La. Why? To power it's hydro electric innards.

Not trying to get this off track, just saw my crackpot theory mentioned and figured I'd chime in.

But, I agree it's hard to judge from a radio design. Treyarch don't seem to obey history chronologically (for example, the water tower in Alcatraz was actually built way after the maps story). Regardless, welcome to the forum and indeed keep sharing your thoughts. I love a good theorizin'

Well, looks like we do indeed have our differences (I'm talking to MuderMachineX BTW)

Again this is my first thread on the website and I rather not get a bad taste in my mouth (metaphorically) about this site.

Thank you GRILLS :D , I just want to say that I see many theories here on the site and I'll state my opinion because I see holes in the theory (not to be rude, but just in general for theories I just so happen to scroll by) or I agree with the theory.

BTW GRILLS, now that you read my theory, when do you think Shangri-La takes place, in your honest opinion?

Again this is my first thread on the website and I rather not get a bad taste in my mouth (metaphorically) about this site.

And a good thread it is. Opinions are just that, and that's why CoDZ is here - so we can all join in and brainstorm. I think it's important to talk about things LIKE what brand is the radio, etc.

Don't get a bad taste just because people are passionate. That's why we are all here.

It is indeed debates like this one that fuel the site. Seriously, loved reading this. For your first theory debate, this was actually quite nice. You went in with solid evidence, passion, and a general respect for people opposing your theory. Keep that up and you'll do well here :)

for those who continue to think that shangri-la takes place on mars...

we go to the moon and need PED's to survive outside and there is low gravity.

the same damn thing would need to be true if shangri la was on mars. this makes absolutely no sense, and the only evidence toward this is that there is a slightly reddish colored brown mountain in the far distance. just plain nonsense.

we would need space suits to survive outside on mars and the gravity would need to be about 50% of earths or so

for those who continue to think that shangri-la takes place on mars...

we go to the moon and need PED's to survive outside and there is low gravity.

the same damn thing would need to be true if shangri la was on mars. this makes absolutely no sense, and the only evidence toward this is that there is a slightly reddish colored brown mountain in the far distance. just plain nonsense.

we would need space suits to survive outside on mars and the gravity would need to be about 50% of earths or so

Thank you, you are (I think) the only one, on this thread who helped disprove the Mars theory.

Yes, and that shows you are not aware of the theory that Shangri-La WAS on Mars. Not is. Was. In the past. Moved by the mighty, mysterious, and alien civilization of the Vril-Ya. It is now on Earth.

I remembered that Tac had a thread about the Mars theory and either he was the first to find it out or second (behind Telixion)

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=22842

Some might ask why and how it was moved to Mars, and my answer to that is simple. I think it was moved because the Vril-ya sensed that Earth was going to be shot at with nukes, and they needed to save their precious land as Shangri-La is a place that means very much to the Vril-ya.

I have nothing more to say.

Some might ask why and how it was moved to Mars, and my answer to that is simple. I think it was moved because the Vril-ya sensed that Earth was going to be shot at with nukes, and they needed to save their precious land as Shangri-La is a place that means very much to the Vril-ya.

I have nothing more to say.

Shangri-La WAS moved from MARS, if not then can anyone give a solid explaination for the loading screen? why a vortex of some sort seems to be sucking up the temples and what not? and look at the Valley Shangri-La is in on the loading screen, red mountains/walls? come on lol

and if we take a look at the Moon loading screen (which keep in mind is the map directly after Shangri-La) youll notice the Meanwhile in the corner, so this gives the impression that yes, some one sent the temple here at the same time as the vortex on Shangri-La

AND a temple or pyramid that shares resemblance to ones from Shangri-La, just so happened to be transported to Moon, but some people think different? ok. :roll:

Shangri-La WAS moved from MARS, if not then can anyone give a solid explaination for the loading screen? why a vortex of some sort seems to be sucking up the temples and what not? and look at the Valley Shangri-La is in on the loading screen, red mountains/walls? come on lol

Ahh, but you're forgetting the thing that people seem to forget when they say that Shangri-La was moved from Mars. Mars Moon(s).

You are stating that Shangri-La WAS ONCE on Mars, no? Well look at the Loading Screen and look at the Solar Eclipse occurring in the background. Both of Mars' moons (Phobos and Deimos) are not big enough to even fill up the sun during a Solar Eclipse.

So tell me how can Mars' two moons, not the right size to cover the Sun during a Solar Eclipse, be covering the Sun completely in the loading screen? :roll:

Yes, and that shows you are not aware of the theory that Shangri-La WAS on Mars. Not is. Was. In the past. Moved by the mighty, mysterious, and alien civilization of the Vril-Ya. It is now on Earth.

Sure. And I was born yesterday. I remembered that Tac had a thread about the Mars theory and either he was the first to find it out or second (behind Telixion)

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=22842

With that kind of attitude, you must have been. You obviously know nothing of the storyline of zombies if you do not understand the importance of the Vril-Ya in the story and how their technology far surpasses even the human imagination. You should probably take a break from theorizing to brush up on your knowledge of the basics. It was the first thing I did when I started long ago.

So tell me how can Mars' two moons, not the right size to cover the Sun during a Solar Eclipse, be covering the Sun completely in the loading screen? :roll:

yaaay a challenge :D lol ok, indeed you just stumped me and made a very valid point, and it forced me to think outside the box and heres what i stumbled upon, what if its not a moon at all blocking the sun?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44536723/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/watch-earth-eclipse-sun/#.UbtkYtjpycc

in this link (hear me out), a satellites particular orbit around Earth eclipsed the Sun. ok let me phrase that better, it was using the Earth to eclipse the Sun.

"For three weeks near midnight Las Cruces time our orbit has the Earth pass between SDO and the sun," SDO scientists wrote in a statement. "These eclipses can last up to 72 minutes in the middle of an eclipse season."

ok so lets just say with ALL the out of the ordinary stuff that happens within the wonderful world of Cod Zombies, whos to say Earth isnt eclipsing the Sun at that point? but again i just pulled this outta then air :roll:

OH, and you didnt mention my 2nd part in the post connecting the moving with the moon loading screen either.