Is Grief & Turned still affecting rank?

Cell block greif brought me back to my blue eyes 3 days ago...

tally's and eyes are NOT rank... just an indication of how often you've played recently. I've had some terrible grief games recently and havent ranked down... idk but i think its true that only survival/tranzit mode affects ranking (might explain why i am at skull and knife rank even though my k/d overall ratio is 69

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but don't you need Blue Eyes to up from Skull - Knife or Knife - Shotguns? If so, it technically would be considered rank because it's a perquisite to leveling up. I'm not sure if you do or not, but I've heard you need them.

People have gotten the knife rank in the first 3 days after making their account. Their is a theory saying you have to have blue eyes at least once to get shotguns.

But you do NOT have to be currently on the blue eyes to rank up. for instance people have gotten the skull first time they played the game.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you want 4 different games, or can I try and get 50 downs in 2 games? And does theatre count where I speed it up by 2x? Because I don't have access to my hd roxio atm and I wouldn't be able to record my rank before and after sadly. So I need to know the criteria that YOU make up that will make this pure FACT.

Feel free to do it however you please. 100 downs on 'Turned' in a row, and no de-rank is enough to convince me it is fact.

And yes I don't think they will come out and say they changed it when they never told us the real formula.

I think you are severely over-estimating how mysterious the Dev's can be here. Yes, they like to add mystery to their games and the formula behind the ranking system, but they have been open about plenty of things in the past. Just watch the interview at the XP 2011 event, or previous tweets where they explain things about rank. If 'Turned' was fixed so it was now no longer de-ranking people, I would expect them to announce it in some way. Next to no one plays it. Saw around 50 people on it earlier. If I saw those numbers, I would announce it.

So do you want 4 different games, or can I try and get 50 downs in 2 games? And does theatre count where I speed it up by 2x? Because I don't have access to my hd roxio atm and I wouldn't be able to record my rank before and after sadly. So I need to know the criteria that YOU make up that will make this pure FACT.

Feel free to do it however you please. 100 downs on 'Turned' in a row, and no de-rank is enough to convince me it is fact.

And yes I don't think they will come out and say they changed it when they never told us the real formula.

I think you are severely over-estimating how mysterious the Dev's can be here. Yes, they like to add mystery to their games and the formula behind the ranking system, but they have been open about plenty of things in the past. Just watch the interview at the XP 2011 event, or previous tweets where they explain things about rank. If 'Turned' was fixed so it was now no longer de-ranking people, I would expect them to announce it in some way. Next to no one plays it. Saw around 50 people on it earlier. If I saw those numbers, I would announce it.

Im not trying to be a dick right now, seriously. But you say look at previous tweets but the tweet of zielinski saying that grief and turned doesn't count isn't a legit tweet?

I don't know man, seriously. I just talked to someone about the whole system and he was talking about how its kill to down AND kill to death, so I don't know. And he has been looking at this since the first week. He said he has looked at SEVERAL people through elite by following them and looking at their kd.

BUT, i just got my shotties. And heres how I got them.... I went to 30 on farm and died with all 4 downs. got into the lobby expecting to be shotties but didn't have it. Somebody invited me to their round 87 custom game on die rise and I left after getting one down. Came back and to my surprise had shotties. Sooo, im on the bare minimum of having shotties.

So heres what im going to do. here are my kills and downs and deaths for career

434272 2270 1612

So im going to play a game and make it go x6 so its all under 2 minutes. then upload that and put my stats.

If I don't lose my rank this is "proof" that you can't be deranked, but it isn't proof that ou can't rank up.

Edit heres game 1 and my stats

434288 2292 1634

unlisted video here:

Well... that IS pretty much indisputable proof that even after what, 115 downs, you did NOT derank.

My hat is off to you for being brave enough to even try it! Not many shotgunners would have even considered it... myself included.

Thanks for finally confirming this for me, despite our previous indiscretions.

Well... that IS pretty much indisputable proof that even after what, 115 downs, you did NOT derank.

My hat is off to you for being brave enough to even try it! Not many shotgunners would have even considered it... myself included.

Thanks for finally confirming this for me, despite our previous indiscretions.

I have lost my shotguns so many times that I don't even care if I get deranked because I can gain them with an easy flawless game of die rise or motd. Mainly motd because its more gun action that keeps me focuse which causes less downs. But thats besides the point. I already knew it didn't count so I just recorded it this time.

I'd be curious to see if they disappear after going below a certain k/d. I got my shotguns at 178 k/d off of a perfect game (host dashboarded, ending game). I've heard of people boosting for shotguns by starting custom games at 25 or so in town and just training. I thought showing a mid-high round consistency was also very crucial. Since there's no "high round" marker for turned or grief then it might not count until your k/d drops super low before a derank.

If starting a game and quitting at round one will derank you, then I believe somehow rounds do effect your rank which is irrelevant to turned and grief.

Maybe ill try this out with my girlfriends account since she only has one because I had an open account in the family plan. Doesn't even know how to navigate the Xbox for Netflix lol.

I'd be curious to see if they disappear after going below a certain k/d. I got my shotguns at 178 k/d off of a perfect game (host dashboarded, ending game). I've heard of people boosting for shotguns by starting custom games at 25 or so in town and just training. I thought showing a mid-high round consistency was also very crucial. Since there's no "high round" marker for turned or grief then it might not count until your k/d drops super low before a derank.

If starting a game and quitting at round one will derank you, then I believe somehow rounds do effect your rank which is irrelevant to turned and grief.

Maybe ill try this out with my girlfriends account since she only has one because I had an open account in the family plan. Doesn't even know how to navigate the Xbox for Netflix lol.

I also thought that this might be the case. The only people I have seen who have lost their shotguns are people who dropped below the K/D that they obtained them on, so if a player got their shotguns on a 160 K/D, but then continues playing normally till they get up to maybe a 250 K/D, go into 'Turned' and take 100+ downs and not derank then MAYBE it is because the player has NOT dropped below the 160 K/D still?

Yeah, I am curious now, as I have NEVER seen a player derank unless they have actually dropped below their number that saw them rank up in the first place.

Good thinking man.

Gt my shotties at a 265 kd and had a 195 kd after playing about 6-9 games of turned.

AND, before I did that series above I had just received my shotties. So yeah, the extra 100+ downs would have dropped my kd even further.

I have also heard of stories of people with kds of less than 50 w/ shotties.

I thought you got your shotguns a while back?

Still, I have only just obtained mines now on a 160 K/D, and I am only at 162 now, so I may as well go in and test this out myself now, just to be sure.

Also, you said you have heard of people getting shotguns on a 50 K/D!? I am not saying you are wrong, but I myself have never heard of anyone getting them on that low a figure, and I have studied every post on the ranking system in order to try and work it out somewhat. Had someone on my friends list get them on a 122 K/D, but he got to round 92 on Die Rise, so I think he got them for pulling that off, as opposed to getting them through K/D.

Either way, if what you say is right, and you do NOT derank playing 'Turned', then I may as well go in and try it out. No harm in checking.

I thought you got your shotguns a while back?

Still, I have only just obtained mines now on a 160 K/D, and I am only at 162 now, so I may as well go in and test this out myself now, just to be sure.

Also, you said you have heard of people getting shotguns on a 50 K/D!? I am not saying you are wrong, but I myself have never heard of anyone getting them on that low a figure, and I have studied every post on the ranking system in order to try and work it out somewhat. Had someone on my friends list get them on a 122 K/D, but he got to round 92 on Die Rise, so I think he got them for pulling that off, as opposed to getting them through K/D.

Either way, if what you say is right, and you do NOT derank playing 'Turned', then I may as well go in and try it out. No harm in checking.

Idid get them a while back but have lost them multiple times.

And the guy didnt get them with a -50 kd. He got them with whatever kd he HAD, and then trashed it playing turned

And the guy didnt get them with a -50 kd. He got them with whatever kd he HAD, and then trashed it playing turned

Ah... I see. Apologies, I misunderstood the statement.

Well, that does make sense now. Kinda puts me off trying it now, but as I am not one who is interested in the ranking system, or what emblem I have, I could maybe run some 'Turned' and actually try the game mode out for a bit.

I only got my shotguns doing my own personal experiment to prove that, over the long term, a K/D of 160 can get the shotguns, no matter how good or bad a streak of games leading to it is.

I witnessed several people on my friends list who all had 250,000+ kills, eventually rank up to shotties when they hit the 160 mark. I tried it myself and got them bang on 160.

This was another experiment I was looking to test out as and when I got the shotties, but because I had not obtained them yet, I could not.

Thankfully, you did it for me, so appreciated on the one BS.

Ah... I see. Apologies, I misunderstood the statement.

Well, that does make sense now. Kinda puts me off trying it now, but as I am not one who is interested in the ranking system, or what emblem I have, I could maybe run some 'Turned' and actually try the game mode out for a bit.

I only got my shotguns doing my own personal experiment to prove that, over the long term, a K/D of 160 can get the shotguns, no matter how good or bad a streak of games leading to it is.

I witnessed several people on my friends list who all had 250,000+ kills, eventually rank up to shotties when they hit the 160 mark. I tried it myself and got them bang on 160.

This was another experiment I was looking to test out as and when I got the shotties, but because I had not obtained them yet, I could not.

Thankfully, you did it for me, so appreciated on the one BS.

No problem DBZ, it was a pain in the buns to upload every game of turned because of the slow wifi my mom has. About 30-45 mins a game.