Town/Farm Round 50?

I'm wondering if anyone on these forums has reached Round 50 on Town and/or Farm? This goal seems much more difficult than getting to 50 on Die Rise or MotD. For those who have reached 50, how long did those two maps take you? Also, what routes did you run, and what guns did you use?

I got to 42 on Town today and the game time was 156 minutes. I bet it would have taken at least another 2-3 hours to reach 50? It was getting really tedious killing the zombies at that point. It took two full clips of MnS ammo just to kill one horde. I ended up just using the PaP'd DSR 50, but even that was quite slow.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everyone? Wow, I knew it had been done, but I didn't know it was on the same level as Ascension :lol: Apparently I've gotta try harder ;)

50 on Town is hard.

No kidding. That's why I was surprised "almost everyone" has done it. :lol: I feel like that statement was a little exaggerated... Still, I'd love to pull it off.

Round 50 with PaP'd weapons sounds hard enough on town. But Farm? Forget it. I've only hit 37 on Town, and that was pretty dang difficult, even with the easily trainable areas. Someone should come up with a strategy for Farm, utilizing lava or the MP5.

Round 50 with PaP'd weapons sounds hard enough on town. But Farm? Forget it. I've only hit 37 on Town, and that was pretty dang difficult, even with the easily trainable areas. Someone should come up with a strategy for Farm, utilizing lava or the MP5.

My highest on Farm is 32, admittedly the lava was a contributor to my downfall. I wasn't having too many ammo problems yet, but I could tell they were soon to come. I can't imagine getting to 40 on that map, yet alone 50.

There's a really easy spawn control strategy on Farm...

Really? Where could I find it? There is literally no posts in the Farm thread under the strategy portion of the forum. I've struggled to find an easy area to train here, but I'd assume the highest rounds on Farm would be a bit lower than other maps, which would give me a better chance to get on the leaderboards if I had a decent strategy.

EDIT: Scratch that. I checked your Youtube channel to see if you had a strategy up, and it looks like you do. :D

Farm is actually easier than Town is terms of controlling the zombie spawns. If you stay instead the farmhouse (the one with Double Tap), zombies only spawn from 3 windows: the 2 inside the farmhouse, and the window at the end of that corridor-type thing. So you kill all the zombies while you are standing inside the farmhouse, and the new wave should mostly spawn in that one location.

However, there's really no easy way to do this on Town. Once you hit 40, you can't really kill the zombies fast enough with the Ray Gun to utilize any spawn control tactics. I've friended quite a few PS3 CodZ players and the highest round on my friends leaderboard is 45.

@perfectlemonade, what routes/guns did you primarily use to get to 50 on Town?

Really? Where could I find it? There is literally no posts in the Farm thread under the strategy portion of the forum. I've struggled to find an easy area to train here, but I'd assume the highest rounds on Farm would be a bit lower than other maps, which would give me a better chance to get on the leaderboards if I had a decent strategy.

EDIT: Scratch that. I checked your Youtube channel to see if you had a strategy up, and it looks like you do. :D

I didn't use the spawn control strategy on that game. :P I'll do a quick 50 for you on Farm tomorrow, okay? Okay.

It's really EXTREMELY easy once you get everything down.

And as for Town, well, you should definitely keep the door to Speed closed. I mean, it's just Speed. You don't need it. Makes training by Stamin Up 2x easier. You'll just need to learn to deal with the crawlers. This is just what I picked up from watching round 70+ games on Town and Farm, respectively.

Also, fun fact. The record on Farm is 83. The record on Town is 82. If you want to shoot for a top 10 rank, I suggest checking out zombierecords.net

I'll get that 50 for you tomorrow when I get home, Mr. Bagel. I've already written a guide for Farm, but it was rushed and I may rewrite it later. :p

I reached 37 in Farm earlier tonight. First night I've even gone for high rounds. It's pretty easy just running trains around the truck in the middle. I kept getting lucky and pulling Ray Guns from the box after running out of ammo and swapping my existing Ray Gun for something else, then swapping that for a fresh Ray Gun. Unfortunately, I squandered my last Quick Revive around round 30, and got trapped in a corner midway through 37. I know that 40+ can be done with persistence, you just have to get lucky with the box.

If you are hungry to gain the knowledge now, 5and5 posted a video all the way back in November about spawn controls. Its actually pretty epic and I wish I knew about spawn controls back in November. Would have made me a much better zombie player and I probably would have played more town and farm then I did.

But I am looking for your video soon perfect, Im pretty sure this map has had some changes to it that some people don't know about.

If you are hungry to gain the knowledge now, 5and5 posted a video all the way back in November about spawn controls. Its actually pretty epic and I wish I knew about spawn controls back in November. Would have made me a much better zombie player and I probably would have played more town and farm then I did.

But I am looking for your video soon perfect, Im pretty sure this map has had some changes to it that some people don't know about.

Yeah the barn spawn trick is unfair. Reminds me of M16 on Shang lol.

I ran it a bit differently than Riley did, though. Especially the early rounds. :p

Welp, Bagel, got dat 50 for you. I'll edit it tonight and tell you everything I learned. Farm is really a very easy map once you get everything down; I was actually pretty surprised by how easy it was. :lol:

Thank you so much! I've checked out the leaderboards, and the maps Farm, Town, Bus Depot, and NTZ all have Top Ten records starting in the 50's/early 60's, so I'm going to try and focus on getting records (or at least high rounds) on them. I like the idea of having only a few doors to open. It takes much less time to get all your perks/weapons together.

The 10th place WR for Farm is Round 56. If you were to go 7 more rounds, you'd be on those leaderboards as well. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to reach 50? I'd imagine it'd take longer without PaP'd weapons.

@TheBSZombie I saw the video today. It looks like a pretty good strategy. Being a noob at high rounds, I've never even taken spawn control into account.

Yeah the barn spawn trick is unfair. Reminds me of M16 on Shang lol.

I ran it a bit differently than Riley did, though. Especially the early rounds. :P

The early rounds are a pain in the ass... I died on round 15 both times I tried this because its impossible. I don't even try it anymore. Im currently on 28 and once I reach 32 il start trying if I actually reach it.

In the farm I usually run somwhere in the middle of the map, around the truck or in front of it. I use the Ray, once empty I EMP the full train and get a new Ray out of the Box.

I Town I meanwhile prefer the Bar, running my circle there and try to reach a good result. I like the VOJ there as an oh shit gun, working well until ~40.

As it was said, I also think Town is quite a bit harder than Farm.

I tried the barn spawn trick for the first time yesterday, and my solo record went from 28 to 40 lol. I actually still had a QR left but had to leave because of class. The spawn control on Farm makes it so easy. Actually my Round 40 time on Farm was about 30 minutes faster than Round 40 on Town. Think Farm is actually faster, even though there's no Pack a Punch.

I'm wondering if anyone on these forums has reached Round 50 on Town and/or Farm? This goal seems much more difficult than getting to 50 on Die Rise or MotD. For those who have reached 50, how long did those two maps take you? Also, what routes did you run, and what guns did you use?

I got to 42 on Town today and the game time was 156 minutes. I bet it would have taken at least another 2-3 hours to reach 50? It was getting really tedious killing the zombies at that point. It took two full clips of MnS ammo just to kill one horde. I ended up just using the PaP'd DSR 50, but even that was quite slow.

I've gotten 50's (solo) on Town, Alcatraz but I suicided at 47 on Farm, because it was dead slow to spin the box with no Pack a punch.

I hardly play co-op high rounds any more because of time constraint and inability to pause the game.

• 1 month later...