What to expect in the last DLC?

There are many theories on how Black Ops 2 will end the zombies story until the next 3arc game. People claim we'll return to Moon, go to Argartha or even return to Der Riese. I think it would be sensible to allow people to post theories on the last DLC here to avoid spam. Also, it's more convenient than having all of them around the place. So let the theories begin...now...please? :( XD

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want a map like mob of the dead. I know this "ben" character is really not the best source but I have seen his videos. I very much do hope the last DLc is made by the creators of MOTD. For me, MOTD truly was an innovative masterpiece. Ascension was big, Call of the dead was big and innovative, Shangri la was a pain in the A*s, and Moon really reused elements.

I want map pack 4 to be the most diverse map ever. I want the tight spaces of Shangri la. I want the big boss zombies (not George but like Astronaut or Brutus). I want cool new zombie variations. I want a big map BUT ACTUALLY FILLED WITH STUFF (looking at you Tranzit). I want new game modes. I want little secrets to tell some story not shoving it all at the main easter egg. I want an awesome easter egg that will actually have an effect in the storyline.

Mob of the Dead delivered. I loved it. I know better then to hope for all of this but if they can reproduce the same quality as Mob of the Dead, I am willing to take this journey to the end.

I personally think that we will possibly be going to Paris the reason I think this is because it was a cancelled map which means that theres got to be some kind of storyline that we haven't uncovered there and I don't think they would just completely scrap the idea so they would go back to this map and who knows it might be the last DLC.

Expecting a really, really cool location.

While I understand Treyarch not wanting to try and top the Moon setting, they HAVE to set the map somewhere interesting. Not only for the climax to 'this season' of the story, but for gameplay too.

I have really fallen in love with the musical elements within 'Mob of the Dead', the way it builds up the atmosphere and changes whenever you do something or enter a new area. This is all I want in the final DLC, something small that (to me) really can make a big difference.

Personally I do not want to be hoisted back up to the Moon and have me float around in Zero G, give me some subtle new features, new quotes, new weapons and some unforgettable game-play elements like in 'Mob of the Dead' (with quest items) and an amazing ending to the book/solo EEs ;)

PS- Don't give me a massive co-op easter egg that seems to take over the whole map, I want game play and game experience to be pushed forward in this one.

my expectations of it? to blow my mind away. will it happen? no...

But i would love to see something that defies gravity. not like moon having pockets of gravity and pockets of "moons" gravity. but maybe make it have a gravity switch that can flip gravity to go up instead of down. I love maps that are hectic, like shangri-la, but open like ascension. which is exactly what Mob of the Dead is. but make it MASSIVE. make it so insane that none of us can describe it. make it have atleast two easter eggs. one that is solo and one that is co-op.

i would also love if they brought back the different ways that you were forced to golike they did in shangri-la. the wood plates that closed down and changed every time. more elements like that would be great.

one map that would be cool. is have the "aging" of zombies. have it go through each map. somehow you could make the characters go back in time but have the years misfunction and the maps fuse together. that would be an epic map pack.

Argotha supporters: We want to go to the center of the planet!

Moon supporters: We want to go to the moon again!

Me: Why not both?

(Mexican fiesta music)

We go to the CENTER of the MOOOOOON!

I actually like this idea. What if we are told that it's a simple excavation site underground but the Easter egg shows us we're on the moon?

Paris. I'm not giving up on it.

Treyarch got a fair way through the planning stages of Paris, to the point that they had even begun making parts of the map.

Think about it, they've had TWO YEARS to make this map the best map ever made; plus the Eiffel Tower as the final tower to power up for the Easter Egg? Yes please.

It's gonna happen, you watch ;)

-Jolteon

Treyarch got a fair way through the planning stages of Paris, to the point that they had even begun making parts of the map.

Think about it, they've had TWO YEARS to make this map the best map ever made; plus the Eiffel Tower as the final tower to power up for the Easter Egg? Yes please.

-Jolteon

This one makes the most sense.

Think about it. The towers are a central part of the easter egg, in tranzit, that are being used to power something.

We have already been to the moon, a repeat would be criticized by the general COD population as a repeat and not very innovative.

There have been hints on there being somesort of catacomb/Paris map for 2 years.

My bet is on Paris ;)

-Jolteon

Think about it. The towers are a central part of the easter egg, in tranzit, that are being used to power something.

We have already been to the moon, a repeat would be criticized by the general COD population as a repeat and not very innovative.

There have been hints on there being somesort of catacomb/Paris map for 2 years.

My bet is on Paris ;)

The catacombs under Paris is a huge possibility. But I want to be outside too and not be underground the whole time. Here's a cool video I saw quite a while ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ijNfufp3s

-Jolteon

My bet is on Paris ;)

The catacombs under Paris is a huge possibility. But I want to be outside too and not be underground the whole time. Here's a cool video I saw quite a while ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ijNfufp3s

I knew that would be MrRoflWaffles video before I even clicked the link. If you rewatch the beginning, you'll see that his theory is almost completely based from somebody elses... That somebody else being me ;)

I'm not sure where my Catacombs theory has gone, but it was on the Forums once. It was lost when the Asylum disappeared. It's my proudest achievement in my (nearly) 3 years on these forums; and myself and MrRoflWaffles have become great friends thanks to the Catacombs theories ;)

-Jolteon

I would like to see an Egypt map with the pyramids and their mazes. Don't have a clue how it would work storywiise, but would be cool to see how Richtofen influenced the pyramids and we see him in a heiroglyph being worshipped. haha

I went to Egypt in 2006. The pyramids are just like they are in the pictures. So is the Sphinx. I'd love features like this. The valley of the kings and pyramids of Giza. That would be great!

I'd like to see an amazing weapon buildable/Wonder Weapon. Moon topped it off brilliantly with the Dual Weild Zap Guns/Zap Cannon. To this day, I cannot get over how awesome it is to have Zombies expand until they explode.

Ah, the Wave Gun. AKA the two Wonder Weapons in one. Loved it!

I still want to see a return of the Flamethrower.

I'd like to see an amazing weapon buildable/Wonder Weapon. Moon topped it off brilliantly with the Dual Weild Zap Guns/Zap Cannon. To this day, I cannot get over how awesome it is to have Zombies expand until they explode.

Ah, the Wave Gun. AKA the two Wonder Weapons in one. Loved it!

I still want to see a return of the Flamethrower.

They really need to make the Wunderwaffle a perma weapon, too

Now remember black ops 2's engine can't handel some weapons...

The wave gun should be fine, and the wunder waffe should be fine, but the JGB23 babymaker and thundergun may be a bit hard to use considering the engine's capabilitys...

Good:

Wave gun,

Vr11

Scavenger

Gersh device

Winters howl

flame thrower

Q.e.d.

Bad:

Thundergun

Babymaker

Other quick-to effect weapons

• 2 weeks later...

Now remember black ops 2's engine can't handel some weapons...

The wave gun should be fine, and the wunder waffe should be fine, but the JGB23 babymaker and thundergun may be a bit hard to use considering the engine's capabilitys...

Good:

Wave gun,

Vr11

Scavenger

Gersh device

Winters howl

flame thrower

Q.e.d.

Bad:

Thundergun

Babymaker

Other quick-to effect weapons

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

Black Ops 2 moved zombies to the multiplayer engine. It should be able to handle even MOAR now right?

Key word: Should...

Have you ever rape trained on die rise or nuketown, killed all of the zombies and then had that weird slow-down trippiness? That's because the engine is having trouble realizing the zombies are all dead and Respawning as new zombies.... It's bad enough to kill them one by one with the an94, or Blundergat blast... You try and take them all out in one click? Pewwwwwww goes the engine... It's sad.... But true... Trayarch is REALLY bad when it comes to innovating...

Key word: Should...

Have you ever rape trained on die rise or nuketown, killed all of the zombies and then had that weird slow-down trippiness? That's because the engine is having trouble realizing the zombies are all dead and Respawning as new zombies.... It's bad enough to kill them one by one with the an94, or Blundergat blast... You try and take them all out in one click? Pewwwwwww goes the engine... It's sad.... But true... Trayarch is REALLY bad when it comes to innovating...

So I took this post into consideration, and just felt like there was something wrong with what you said, and it just came to me a minute ago.

In BO1, we never saw lag while using those mega-weapons, like the Thundergun or the Ray gun. But now in BO2, killing a whole horde with the Ray gun has become dangerous at best due to the lag. But here's where the problem comes in: In BO1, if you gathered up all the zombies and then ran them through a trap, BANG! massive lag spike. However, now that we have traps back with MotD, we aren't seing this problem at all. So what's going on here???

why can't Treyarch figure out how to cut out the lag????? :x