Penalty

I love this map more than any other put out so far but having to deal with people leaving their profiles on while not playing, starting a game and leaving once the game starts, and popping in and out of the lobby excessively is getting crazy.

I suggest that these players get penalized 10 minutes before they can enter another lobby.. they had this in the tournaments so why not in normal game-play so that we can get rid of this type of childish behavior.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this map more than any other put out so far but having to deal with people leaving their profiles on while not playing, starting a game and leaving once the game starts, and popping in and out of the lobby excessively is getting crazy.

I suggest that these players get penalized 10 minutes before they can enter another lobby.. they had this in the tournaments so why not in normal game-play so that we can get rid of this type of childish behavior.

I think thats a little far,If their gonna leave lobbies and rage quit, will and 10 minute break really help?It might alittle but honestly i dont think its necessary :)BTW, welcome to codz my friend, you should post an introduction :D

I do think some sort of penalty would be nice, but a small 10 minute (or three minute in Multiplayer) timeout isn't going to stop them from doing that. I don't really know of an effective way for a penalty to work.

agreed, and what if you HAVE to quit?

Well, the penalty could work like it does on multiplayer; you have to quit a certain amount of times for it to take effect.

I do think some sort of penalty would be nice, but a small 10 minute (or three minute in Multiplayer) timeout isn't going to stop them from doing that. I don't really know of an effective way for a penalty to work.

agreed, and what if you HAVE to quit?

Well, the penalty could work like it does on multiplayer; you have to quit a certain amount of times for it to take effect.

Almost had that happen yesterday :lol:

For quitting the game excessively? Yeah sure absolutely! for backing out of a lobby? No... Sometimes you want to find mics, sometimes you get stuck with people you don't want to hear, and sometimes people split screen and don't ready up, making it impossible for the game to start...

Also there's a difference between leaving a game and lagging out... Lagging out is NOT as bad as leaving the game and shouldn't be punished...

There should be a way to tell the quitters from people who actually have to quit.

If there was some formula to calculate when you leave, say during a Down, or say 5 seconds after bleed out, I'd support.

Honestly, there needs to be a stat that shows how many games you have quit. It would be low for people who genuinely have to quit, while the rage quitters would have a high number. If you could see that stat in the lobby, it would definitely make me think twice before starting a game with randoms.

Quitting out of the match should be penalized, I agree. But it won't ever happen because everyone has the right to leave the game whenever he wants even though it's annoying as fuck. The only solution to this was in Black Ops 1 Zombies. Just make the rounds count no matter iuf someone leaves or not.

Regarding people leaving the pre-game lobbies. Nothing wrong with that. The last thing a good Zombie player wants is playing with shit players who wouldn't last long anyways.

There should be a way to tell the quitters from people who actually have to quit.

If there was some formula to calculate when you leave, say during a Down, or say 5 seconds after bleed out, I'd support.

Honestly, there needs to be a stat that shows how many games you have quit. It would be low for people who genuinely have to quit, while the rage quitters would have a high number. If you could see that stat in the lobby, it would definitely make me think twice before starting a game with randoms.

i think percent of games quit would be more useful. A stat for quantity of quits is useless for the same reason identifying the best zombie killer as the person on the leaderboard who has killed the most. well that person has obviously played more than someone who maybe has 10,000 kills, but thats not to say the person with 10,000 kills is very good, just doesnt play often at all.

but if you look and see that someone has quit 30% of all games they have started? even though it still allows for problems with small sample sizes, it would better identify chronic quitters

My one little suggestion to help with getting thrown into lobbies where someone just finished and forgot to back out? just require 100% players to ready up before starting. what downside could this possibly have? that way you know at least before start that all 4 are at their controller

Great input everyone... As for the people popping in and out of lobbies I understand, its the ones who will sit in the lobby wait for three players to ready up and then leave just as the timer reaches 0.

What would be nice is a block button that tells the match server you will not play with this player..

I have played 5 rounds recently with randoms. All 4 have mics every time. All 5 times the first person that goes down and can't be revived immediately rage quits. 100% of the time. They HAVE to put in some sort of penalty or incentive not to quit, because it just happens literally every time. I can only have about 1 decent zombies game per map pack because thats about the frequency with which i can get my friends together to play... :cry:

I'm not trying to sound like a Richard, but quit playing randoms....they have, and always will be useless. That sentence is 100x more true on ps3.

Find you some friends and fill up your lobby and play that way, it's the only real way to build strategy and know that no one will quit intentionally. A penalty isn't going to fix much, if I were to get penalized I would just go waste 15-20 minutes.

They could always do a disconnect rate % like Tekken Tag 2 does, but even then you can't really tell who is a rage quitter and those who have had bad luck with their connections.

Friends are where it's at

I agree with Tatoo. The solution really is to play multiple games with any randoms. These games may suck, I know, but try to tough it out. Add the randoms you like, and message them saying play with them again. Now they're not randoms, but partners for high rounds.

I agree with Tatoo. The solution really is to play multiple games with any randoms. These games may suck, I know, but try to tough it out. Add the randoms you like, and message them saying play with them again. Now they're not randoms, but partners for high rounds.

Yeah, a lot of people on my friends list who I play Zombies with are from random public matches. It's a great way to find partners for future games.