Hell's Bells sound clip?

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

It doesn't seem like something you'd simultaneously do with the other Brutus reincarnations because the timing would have to be near perfect in order to do so. I noticed that using a Retriever/Redeemer knocks the caps off instantly. It may not have to do with shooting at all in that scenario.

From the test carried out by one of my friends, his group only had to knock of the 5 helmets in a single round, not at the exact same time. He shot the 4 brutus helmets off then a team-mate shot the Brutus on the island and it triggered the noise.

There was a good 10 seconds between the 4 on the bridge and the 1 on Alcatraz and he STILL got the sound.

Was it this exact sound?

http://db.tt/WJYnOS6f

I did this last night but *I* didn't hear it. The other members of my party weren't really paying attention. Who killed the last Brutus in your game? Who heard the sound?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to some research Sal is the only one who can hear the bells. Perhaps this is a Sal related easter egg like pop is related to the weasel. Lets explore more of Sal's history and see how church, bells, etc could relate.

• Administrators

According to some research Sal is the only one who can hear the bells. Perhaps this is a Sal related easter egg like pop is related to the weasel. Lets explore more of Sal's history and see how church, bells, etc could relate.

But something like this shouldn't be audible specifically towards one character. Are you certain that the person who holds the fifth - and last - Brutus doesn't hear it? I would assume that shooting off the last cap would make the sound initiate, but only to the player that last activated the special trigger (in this case, the last cap).

But something like this shouldn't be audible specifically towards one character. Are you certain that the person who holds the fifth - and last - Brutus doesn't hear it? I would assume that shooting off the last cap would make the sound initiate, but only to the player that last activated the special trigger (in this case, the last cap).

I would like to think that this is a Sal-related EE. Plus only Sal being able to hear it is kinda like Samuel being the only one to hear Richtofen/random groans.

Could not successfully complete it :x because we kept killing Brutus and his copies at the bridge. Do you have to hoard them until the end of the round or can we just kill 4 and save the one at the prison? Kind hard otherwise but that's not a bad thing just frustrating.

Could not successfully complete it :x because we kept killing Brutus and his copies at the bridge. Do you have to hoard them until the end of the round or can we just kill 4 and save the one at the prison? Kind hard otherwise but that's not a bad thing just frustrating.

Well, when I did it, we did everything else first. We got the Redeemer, the Golden Spork, the 2 songs and the 4 numbers in the sequencer.

We were on the last step basically, and I ran the bridge until I had 4 Brutus', and had the other players spam the box on Alcatraz.

When Brutus spawned over on the island, we shot at the Brutus' at the same time. The one on the island was first to be de-capped, then the 4 on the bridge. Not sure if everyone heard the bells, but I did on the bridge, and it was like a church bell playing 5 times.

Tried a few things afterwards, but nothing. I threw grenades into the pit but no different sounds.

Maybe we need a certain amount of grenade kills after getting this? Brutus does drop a smoke grenade when we de-cap him, so could be a way to get a 'Special Grenade' of sorts?

Well, when I did it, we did everything else first. We got the Redeemer, the Golden Spork, the 2 songs and the 4 numbers in the sequencer.

We were on the last step basically, and I ran the bridge until I had 4 Brutus', and had the other players spam the box on Alcatraz.

When Brutus spawned over on the island, we shot at the Brutus' at the same time. The one on the island was first to be de-capped, then the 4 on the bridge. Not sure if everyone heard the bells, but I did on the bridge, and it was like a church bell playing 5 times.

Tried a few things afterwards, but nothing. I threw grenades into the pit but no different sounds.

Maybe we need a certain amount of grenade kills after getting this? Brutus does drop a smoke grenade when we de-cap him, so could be a way to get a 'Special Grenade' of sorts?

I'll have to try it again then, we were trying to save all 5 until the end of the round without killing or knocking off the helmet, which ended in failure and downs :lol:

I was just going to play around with the docks after we did it because it seems too close to those perk jingles.