Hell's Bells sound clip?

So apparently there is a new sound clip you can achieve by having 4 simultaneous wardens on the bridge and 1 in the prison, and killing 5 of them in a row produces a sound effect that I have never heard before, the clip for it is on PTG's youtube entitled Hell's Bells. I'm not useful at embedding youtube stuff but I'm very interested in what this could mean for anything left in MoTD. Apparently this is also a part of the Omnia ambientis easter egg, which is still cloudy at best. Please give me some thoughts or ideas on what could change after hearing the bells. Perhaps no more wardens?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i have this bell sound happend in my last game. Can't review :(

Thrown my redeemer on 2 brutus on the bridge and hit the 2 hut's at same time off. Bell sound rings but can't figure something out.

It's possible to achieve this sound.

Maybe we need to activate all voltmeter before we need the sound. I never activate the cellblock powerup voltmeter. How many Brutus can we spawn on the island? Bell sound in citadel?

Hi i have this bell sound happend in my last game. Can't review :(

Thrown my redeemer on 2 brutus on the bridge and hit the 2 hut's at same time off. Bell sound rings but can't figure something out.

It's possible to achieve this sound.

Maybe we need to activate all voltmeter before we need the sound. I never activate the cellblock powerup voltmeter. How many Brutus can we spawn on the island? Bell sound in citadel?

I hear sounds every time I knock off a head, but the sound that the op is talking about is totally original and sounds differently.

Or we try to figure it out ourselves! What ideas do you guys have about this? Obviously we need to be on the bridge and on the island at the same time, so if we can get this sound steadily replicated, 4 brutus' on the bridge and one on the island, then what sort of steps should we try from there? Check the pit? Check the warden's office? Thoughts, ideas?

• Administrators

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

It doesn't seem like something you'd simultaneously do with the other Brutus reincarnations because the timing would have to be near perfect in order to do so. I noticed that using a Retriever/Redeemer knocks the caps off instantly. It may not have to do with shooting at all in that scenario.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

It doesn't seem like something you'd simultaneously do with the other Brutus reincarnations because the timing would have to be near perfect in order to do so. I noticed that using a Retriever/Redeemer knocks the caps off instantly. It may not have to do with shooting at all in that scenario.

From the test carried out by one of my friends, his group only had to knock of the 5 helmets in a single round, not at the exact same time. He shot the 4 brutus helmets off then a team-mate shot the Brutus on the island and it triggered the noise.

There was a good 10 seconds between the 4 on the bridge and the 1 on Alcatraz and he STILL got the sound.

Sounds good that you know how to trigger the bell sounds.

Will try this tonight and look where we have to kill the Island brutus.

Think that he can be last one that must be killed, bcus on bridge are no odd places to do.

How many brutus can we spawn on island?

Remember shangri la bell sound from the 3arc "antenna" when you shoot it with the shrinkgun.

Maybe need the sound in an order and at certain places?

Or spawn 5 brutus in 1 round on the island to get it to work. Requires much points for the box.

Another idea is that many things on mob are round based.

When thrown your retriever in lavapit you must wait untill round ends to get redeemer, so what is we have to get the bell sound in this round and tata there ist the pink one. Idk but the sound dont look like a glitch and ps3 can hear it too :P

• Administrators

From what I recollect, you can only spawn one Brutus entity on the island, but a max of four on the bridge. That means that you cannot exceed past 5 reincarnations at the same time. He can spawn repeatedly throughout the round if you kill him though.

Okay we can reproduce the bells. What next?

Anyone throw any grenades in the pit after the bells?

Anyone throw redeemer in the pit after the bells?

Anyone try to spawn any more Brutus's after the bells?

Anyone check the wardens office after the bells?

What else could we check?

From what I recollect, you can only spawn one Brutus entity on the island, but a max of four on the bridge. That means that you cannot exceed past 5 reincarnations at the same time. He can spawn repeatedly throughout the round if you kill him though.

Yes, once the 4 on the bridge are de-capped, and the 1 on the island is also, then the sound is triggered, so by logic, it would mean that 5 is all that is required to trigger whatever it is that we needed activate.

According to PTG, the 'Hells Bells' EE was never finished by the Devs. Not exactly sure how they found this out, so take it as it is.

No harm is continuing the search, as they themselves have said they are no longer looking into it. Still waiting for their final reveal, which I am sure will be soon enough.

I have not had the opportunity to try changing the rhythm of the way the Brutus' are de-capped though.

Maybe you just need to shoot the hats off 5 in any single round, anywhere on the map. Will test it out anyway and see if anything comes from it.

• Administrators

Depending on who said what from PTG, I wouldn't necessarily believe them if they claimed that it was left unfinished. They aren't the developer's; they wouldn't know. It's just another reason to trail off because a huge hype was created by them and now everyone is stuck at a dead-end. Doesn't mean that it's over though.

When the bells are ringing, I noticed that it is very similar to a particular pattern of church bells. The pattern that plays is about half of the pattern.

LiKOhOzQyZg

0:08 is the first part of the set that we hear from the PTG video. The rest directly after 0:08 is the remainder of the set that would accompany it. Strange that it was cut in half in-game.

• Administrators

Wait a second... if it is the exact same sound PGT used (and if Hell's Bells is legit, I haven't tested it yet) could it mean London is a future Zombie map?

It's possible, but I can't say for sure.

You ought to take a good deal of time reading this great thread by Requix:

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=32282

Most catholic churches use the same chime. You may also hear a variation of the Big Ben chime across many college campuses. They're used to tell the time audibly, with each pattern occurring at a 15 minute interval. Once the hour has struck, you'll usually hear a dong noise repeatedly to indicate how many hours it has been since the new day.

But who knows? Next step may just very well be somewhere in Britain.

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29310

Depending on who said what from PTG, I wouldn't necessarily believe them if they claimed that it was left unfinished. They aren't the developer's; they wouldn't know. It's just another reason to trail off because a huge hype was created by them and now everyone is stuck at a dead-end. Doesn't mean that it's over though.

Exactly my thoughts. I am more than willing to investigate it further, as I find it difficult to believe that the devs would not have disabled the sound from activating if it was not finished.

Either way, it is something new for us to look into. Yes, it could be a clue to Big Ben, and possibly a London based map, but my feeling is that it is more related to the current map, as opposed to a reference for a future map.

There's a church in transit, and clearly in this game what you do in one map can register in other maps (see nav cards) perhaps ringing the bells would change something in transit? Though I doubt it. What about completing the easter egg after ringing the bells. Or perhaps can you ring it multiple times? get a set of 4 + 1 island one round, next round do the same, does it do the bells again?

Have a Brutus spawn when the plane has been built and have a player keep him occupied until your return.

Wait a second... if it is the exact same sound PGT used (and if Hell's Bells is legit, I haven't tested it yet) could it mean London is a future Zombie map?

Most catholic churches use the same chime. You may also hear a variation of the Big Ben chime across many college campuses. They're used to tell the time audibly, with each pattern occurring at a 15 minute interval. Once the hour has struck, you'll usually hear a dong noise repeatedly to indicate how many hours it has been since the new day.

I'll read it once I get some spare time. Got exams next week and trying to do every MOTD achievement before the next DLC. (Only one left: Electric Cherry)

Have a Brutus spawn when the plane has been built and have a player keep him occupied until your return.

I'll read it once I get some spare time. Got exams next week and trying to do every MOTD achievement before the next DLC. (Only one left: Electric Cherry)

unrelated but a tip on that elec cherry achievement? buy it and gather a horde and let them down you. it unleashes a seemingly larger radius of shock and seems more powerful too. i got that one by accident this way lol :lol:

On the map are some places with these mystic tables which have candles on it.

There are different amounts of Lightning candles, maybe the order we need to kill brutus near it.

We can spawn 1 brutus then the second up to five brutus and get the hell's bell's final on the the last table.