Best starting strategy for MotD?

Hey guys!

I wanted to ask some of you which starting strategy do you follow on a Solo game in MotD.

I ask this because as you know the map has a lot of "objectives". The hell's retriever, the plane, the skulls, spoon, etc.

I've tried a lot of strategies to get, at least, the retriever fast. But I just can't figure out the best strategy.

Getting points using the washing machine is a must, but then what? Feed the dogs? Get Jugg? Or what?

What do you guys do?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here

Just know that you get 20 kills and not 24 from the laundry room. I also have started just doing all of round 1 and then feeding the first dog on round two, save a zombie, activate the laundry room, bring the 21 zombies up and kill off about 14 of them using the double points there going for headshots with the mp5. and then kill the rest up in the infirmary. Doing this will avoid getting nukes by headshots and then after that you go through the top and use the gondola. you should already have the gondola powered up if you used strategies found in this topic.

1- Activar: Llave, Puerta de Speed Cola, Speed Cola, Góndola, Electric Cherry, Las dos celdas de Puntos, Puerta de Lavandería y Lavandería.

2- Activar la lavandería, matar a todos. Ser últramente cuidadoso que no salga el Ka-Boom. Cuidar la munición.

3- Rápido ir a la góndola y entrar en After Life y abrir pieza del avión y activar Jugger-Nog.

4- Alimentar al perro.

5- Regresarse y alimentar al perro de Electric Cherry.

6- Alimentar al perro de la azotea del avión y activar las puertas.

7- Ya tener en este paso la camisa, el tanque de oxígeno y la otra cosa esa a lado del perro de la azotea.

8- Activar Double Tap, los números y los generadores.

9- Agarrar las piezas restantes y ganar puntos.

10- Construir escudo (cafetería)/Acid Gat (Electric Cherry).

10*(opcional)- Conseguir la Blunder Gat, (caja o por calaveras).

11- Irse en la ronda 10 al puente, regresar al terminar la 12.

12- Conseguir las cucharas y lanzar el Hell's Retriever al agujero.

13- Hacer lo del golden spork mientras pasas la ronda.

14- Al empezar la siguiente ronda ir por el Hell's Redeemer.

15- Terminar de hacer lo del Golden Spork.

16- Normalmente todo se tiene por la ronda 14/15.

Open 2x door at beginning. Revive. Look for wardens key through door window. Pick up first bottle.

Look thru gate for acidgat part. Line up two zombies and duck, shoot first one six times in stomach, then knife to kill. Shoot second zombie three more times, then knife. Repeat until you have one left.

Open first door and get wardens key, buy mp5, open showers, and cell with 2x.

Use key to open laundry, then shock laundry machine power. Heres where i barricade all windows into the showers to give myself some extra time to get past the fire and get the 2x from the cell above.

Turn on laundry and avoid zombies until you get 2x from cell. Try to kill as many during the 2x and here i usually just finish the round.

Go to first wolf and use mp5 (2bullets in stomach) then knife. Kill 6 here and open doors to cafeteria and infirmary and kill rest at wolf there. Start round three in infirmary, killing until wolf is fed there.

At this point ive already opened doors to double tap, wardens, and jumped up to turn on gondola. So open a door or two and get to gondola, kill at wolf at docks until i have enough for juggernog.

I usually buy double tap asap cuz it helps more than jug in the early rounds.

Step 1 - hand controller to 5 year old son.

Step 2 - make and then enjoy a coffee.

Step 3 - check up on how the little bloke is going. Remind him to get the REDEEMER, the BLUNDERGAT and the SPORK.

Step 4 - take the control back at round 20 and hook in.

That's my favourite strategy. Also applies to DIE RISE (make the TRAMP, SLIQ and get all the perks) and TRANZIT (buildables, perks etc).

Takes all the tedious set-up time out of the equation and allows for a little bit of daddy/son bonding.

Step 3 - check up on how the little bloke is going. Remind him to get the REDEEMER, the BLUNDERGAT and the SPORK.

That's my favourite strategy. Also applies to DIE RISE (make the TRAMP, SLIQ and get all the perks) and TRANZIT (buildables, perks etc).

Takes all the tedious set-up time out of the equation and allows for a little bit of daddy/son bonding.

Damn, Im missing the kid. What to do? :lol:

Let's talk full-day and half-day rates.

He's a bright kid though, he'll be looking for something above minimum wage.

There's also a good chance he'll hang around and critique your high round attempt, once he's handed the controller back.

Can you handle being told that "your strategy leaves a lot to be desired" by a 5 year old? It's starting to wear thin with me!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh this cracked me up enough to finally register just to agree with your strategy, but my boy prefers me to play also. Its a good ol time

Hey Sluggo, nice picture! Isaac :D

Well you got the laundry strategy on one hand. Around 7k pts ready to spend in Rd1, which shall be spent somewhere. Of course it's nice.

I just have two issues with it.

First, this is the time it needs. You can spend 5-10minutes on round one doing it. Of course you do stuff you anyway do at some point, so not all time is wasted. But some is, and I don't like it. I'm also asking if I really need a shield or jug or what ever in Round 2. Yeah, it is nice to have it, it's also nice to have the points ready for later. But it is not necessary.

The major problem I got with it is that you make too many points. So many points that you get overwhelmed with drops in Round 2-3. Means, Nuke at the first zombie and you get 400 for the full round instead of 1000+. And, more important, the nuke will not feed your dog.

Therefore, I'm questioning the shower strategy. It's indeed a tricky situation and finding "the best" strategy is difficult, since each comes with advantages and disadvantages. I mean I can get my Jug in 1, but then I get those Nukes in 2-4, and the infirmary dog is not fed up to 10+, finally getting then killed up there once I do him.

I usually try to follow some scheme like this:

[*:2babbr56]Rd 1 knife with 2x, I personally save the ammo.
    [*:2babbr56]Rd 2 feed the dog - it's just perfect in what time they spawn. Shoot 8x and finish with knife or knife twice. It's like as soon as the dog ate the zombie, the next one is in the right position.
    [*:2babbr56]Rd 2-3 break: Run around, get MP5 or M14, open showers, key and such.
    [*:2babbr56]Rd 3: Get key, get 2x from cell, a small hoard should have gathered up at your spot. Shoot a zombie either twice then knife, or just headshot him. Progress towards gondola, open door, power it, use it. Should be well possible considering points.
    [*:2babbr56]Rd 4: Feed dog and get points for jug which you power at some time. Can also get the oxygen of course, could also do generators depending on points (it's an additional door). Could get shield parts. Could, but I wanna build it in the cafeteria. This is slowly then just too many doors. So I rather let the shield be for the moment.
    In general to get nice points, I shoot 3x then knife or headshots in case too many arrive. Can refill MP5 in generator room if I wanna invest the points for the door.
    [*:2babbr56]Then: As soon as possible I progress to the infirmary for the dog there (using gondola). I try this as early as possible, since it's risky up there. This can be in whatever round, depending on how it goes. Can buy the Uzi up there.
    [*:2babbr56]Then: Focus on shield. I usually use the spiral stairs at this point, so I can also pick up double tap, tomahawk and wires. Gondola back up, shield in cafeteria, and with Jug, DT and shield you are good for now, can do whatever you like then.

So we could write this shorter:

[*:2babbr56]Go to round 2.
    [*:2babbr56]Cell dog in round 2.
    [*:2babbr56]Key, Gun, Gondola.
    [*:2babbr56]Jug + Docks Dog
    [*:2babbr56]Infirmary Dog
    [*:2babbr56]Double Tap, Tomahawk, Shield Parts
    [*:2babbr56]Shield in Cafeteria

As said this is more a script or a description than an instruction. It's just what I try to do, and if Nukes appear at the wrong spot I have to improvise, if double points spawn at the perfect moment it all goes faster and can be done earlier.