Der Riese: The Beginning and the End

I was recently reading this thread: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31025

And after the message was decoded it stated this: "Let go and the Beginning will become the end."

This got me thinking.

This is the Der Riese map description:

"The Giant is rising. Face the might of the Nazi Zombies in their heartland. This is where it all began. This is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?"

The message hidden in the "Where Are We Going" video could directly correlate to Der Riese.

We may be returning to Der Riese for one last hoorah. It would be a fitting end to this season (or Zombies as a whole for that matter) to end where it all began, don't you think?

And before you say "I've already played on Der Riese on two seperate games, why would I want to do it a third time" just listen.

As some of you are familiar, Der Riese is based off of a Nazi construction project that was never completed, and most of this construction was done underground before the project was abandoned. The project was assumed to create space to shelter war production (The Production of Weapons.) Here's a link for those who want to know more about this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Riese

So taking in the fact that the project was largely undergound, Treyarch could incorperate this into "The End." For instance we may start out in the Der Riese facility that we all know and love, but the map itself could be expanded.

Areas that we weren't able to access before are now open to us. Areas like so:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... a_0005.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... a_0006.jpg

(Sorry, not sure how to put pictures into the thread itself.)

Areas like these could be buried beneath the Der Riese facility. They could have been created to search for Element 115 before they knew where it came from.

These areas were mined out by nearly 13,000 POWS, those would be the Zombies you would be fighting while in the tunnels, they could have been infected with the 115.

The only problem I am finding with this is how Treyarch could incoorperate this in with the already messy story. There would need to be a purpose for returning, and I cannot think of one as of now, so let me know if you have any ideas, and tell me what you think exploring more parts of the Giant project.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of evidence points towards the next map being a mining area (And I'm not talking about PTG, that's not evidence). Anyways, as long as the perks were spread out, it would be fun. I don't think the whole upper layer should be accesible, simply because people would stay in the old areas and never go underground. It'd be cool if we were the O4, and they were in a destroyed Der Riese. Hmm... I like this idea man.