Crazy Portable Turbines

Last night, I decided to play TranZit on a whim. It had been a long time since I played it, so I decided "why not?" However, something strange happened.

I was teleporting all around the map, trying to get to the power station. I would keep setting down my turbine, getting a Denizen on me, and then creating the hole. However, right by the corn field, as soon as I set down my turbine, it sunk into the ground and flung across the map.

Has this happened to anyone else? GRILL claimed it happened to him also on the same day.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, I decided to play TranZit on a whim. It had been a long time since I played it, so I decided "why not?" However, something strange happened.

I was teleporting all around the map, trying to get to the power station. I would keep setting down my turbine, getting a Denizen on me, and then creating the hole. However, right by the corn field, as soon as I set down my turbine, it sunk into the ground and flung across the map.

Has this happened to anyone else? GRILL claimed it happened to him also on the same day.

This happened to me yesterday. I'm going to get it from my theatre, and post it in this thread.

IT WAS CRAY THO.

I have seen the flying turbine's for a while now. As far as my situation it can be done at the diner on various car's and other debris. Was not aware of it till this 1 boner showed me because he always just used his turbine to fling it instead of doing anything with it. This was probably a month after the game was released.

I've seen them act strange though, popping from one area to the next and also once landing on top of the bus right on the front of it like some type of add on (freaked me out). I'm not trying to debunk or anything of that sort, I think there's just a lot about these strange little guy's we may not know.

It was hillarious. Here I am just hopping over to my bank account, I hear Grill exclaim about his Turbine running away and what do I see upon entering town? That absconded Turbine just floating through like it owns the place...

The thing I noticed was that it seemed like it was running along the same paths that the light orbs take around the map. So, most likely it just glitched, but that really begs the question. What do the Turbines and light orbs have in common? If the light orbs are just graphical content, but the Turbine an interactive model, does this mean that the light orbs may be interactive somehow?

Yes, this has been happening for over a month now. Poor thing is when playing on solo, it is impossible to catch it, and you cannot pick up another one until that one breaks, which is on some occasions, never!

When put to ATVIassist, they said they do not answer Easter Egg related questions!?!

DeathBringerZen":n6j10d5m]When put to ATVIassist, they said they do not answer Easter Egg related questions!?!

Now this really intrigues me! Are we onto something here or does Activision just have no clue?

I think some experimentation with dropping Turbines by the light orbs is in order...

Are we onto something here or does Activision just have no clue?

The latter I suspect. If it WAS easter egg related, then it would be screwing over players that are not taking part in an EE.

Since I put it to them, they have not responded to it anymore, other than on that one occasion!?

It is the same with Die Rise. Putting your Trample Steam down can sometimes result in it floating away, never to be retrieved again.

2 patches later and they STILL ain't fixed this!

Yeah, this has happened to me several times. I even saw it following the bus one time when we where trying to do the EE. Another time my turbine was too high for me to grab. Then, a game later, it flung itself behind the bis depot. It was annoying because we couldn't finish the EE because of this. It only happened to two out of the four players.

This happened to me 2 weeks ago.

Before I started up a game of TranZit to see how well I could do now, and asked my friend to join. He said no, and went to hangout with his girlfriend.

So, everything is going normal. As I get my turbine, I say to my little brother as a joke. "This is my girlfriend." Eventually I start teleporting, end up at the Pylon lamppost, place my turbine, and then suddenly it decides to fly directly into the lava then sink down under the map. All I could think of:

Even turbines would rather kill themselves than love me.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played a game with someone (I think InfestLithium) and he said he couldn't find his turbine. I was thinking "How do you not find your Turbine?" anyway time goes on and I run through Town and what do I see flying around through walls at the speed of light? A f*cking Turbine.

I died of laughter that day.

• 2 months later...

This hasn't been patched yet and it sucks because I am not sure if it will be since ghost has dropped. Seems like this game has been abandoned by treyarch because it still has issues even after the next title has dropped. When I play tranzit (the map that came with the game) a turbine shouldn't fly around the map if its not suppose to funny thing is I don't remember this happening until after a patch had came out during the middle of the games life cycle. They patch one thing and something else screws up so maybe its better they don't address this I guess.

• 3 weeks later...