Potential Explanation for the Flickering Perks

Recently on here, there has been a lot of commotion as to whether or not Al wrote the comic books that are the zombie story. His quotes seem to confirm this, which is why this theory might not be as much of a stretch as you might think. Al DID write the books, and Al is the reason the perks are there.

The perks(excluding Electric Cherry)are NOT being torn from time and space to be at Alcatraz. They are being torn from the comic books themselves. What I'm proposing now means that we officially have two storylines: The Comic Book Story, which includes the O4, the COTD Crew, the "Five" Crew, and the N4. The new story is the events in Alcatraz/Hell/Purgatory, which I shall dub the Real Life Story.

If we look at the colors that the perk machines flicker, it is black and white. They're not color inversions, just black and white, almost as if they're just a pencil sketch. That's because they are. They are merely an illusion created by whoever is controlling the zombies at the time. They do this in MoTD because they are being torn from the comic books. They do NOT do this in the other maps in the Comic Book Story because of the fact that there, they are canon. They belong there. They are part of the story.

So what about Electric Cherry?

Simple. It was a drink in the Real Life Story, and possibly the inspiration for the perks in the Comic Book Story. That's all there is to that.

What are your guys' thoughts on this? I feel it makes much more sense than the "They're Being Ripped From Their Own Time" theory, as there are way too many holes to explain that theory.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice theory!

P.s. I was the one who made the comic book theory!

Also, I just thought of something! That nikolai quote by Weasel has got me thinking, what if the O4 are trying to get Weasel to change the comic book and since that would change time, it stops Richtofen? ;)

Holy crap this is an awesome theory. I never thought of it this way. But how do you explain the photos in the loading screens for Tranzit and the Tranzit maps? Aren't the N4 part of the Comic Book Story?

PRECISELY! The N4 are indeed part of the Comic Book Theory.

Nice theory!

P.s. I was the one who made the comic book theory!

Also, I just thought of something! That nikolai quote by Weasel has got me thinking, what if the O4 are trying to get Weasel to change the comic book and since that would change time, it stops Richtofen? ;)

At this point, I don't see why not. That would be a bit silly though, seeing as how the O4 would be completely unaware of their creator. After all, they are but ink on a page. What implications does this have on the story though? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Why is it important that we know who wrote the comic books?

If the N4 are part of the Comic Book Story then how do you explain the photos in the loading screens?

What photos are we talking about, precisely? The only thing I see as anything similar to a photograph is the Green Run post card. Ordinarily, I would agree with you. But, in the loading screen for Great Leap Forward, we see the post card stuck between the NTZ loading screen and the GLF loading screen, as if the author had an afterthought as if to explain where the N4 came from. Also note the fact that the Green Run and Great Leap Forward loading screens ARE COMIC BOOK PAGES, whereas Mob of The Dead is not. Every map up until Mob of The Dead has been in the comic book in a loading screen in some way, even Call of The Dead as a movie advertisement.

EDIT: I know the photographs you're talking about now. Honestly, I have no idea. BUT there is no saying where the photographs indeed take place, as in if they're in the Comic Book Story or Alcatraz Story. For all we know, they could be promotional post cards to help advertise the book. They could be postcards of the areas that inspired the comic book. Or they could be postcards inside the comic book. But the point is, we don't actually know where they come from.

What we DO know is that they are in a comic book regardless, thanks to the loading screens of every other map, as well as the Green Run and Great Leap Forward loading screens.

But, how did Weasel, a man from the 1930's, know who JFK, Nixon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and the like are? Or I suppose, going to be? They're real people. If this was all just a comic book, how would he know who they were?

How would he know about the Nazis? How would he know about their "secret plans?" Die Glocke was a theorized item to be in construction during WWII.

Also, why was his vision of the "future" rather tame compared to what most people in the 30's believed? We were supposed to have flying cars and time travel by now. How come his vision of the future is plain and un-exciting? He was a sci-fi fan, so why would he make the future boring instead of gripping and high-tech?

Your theory is unique, but I can't say that I believe in it.

But, how did Weasel, a man from the 1930's, know who JFK, Nixon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and the like are? Or I suppose, going to be? They're real people. If this was all just a comic book, how would he know who they were?

How would he know about the Nazis? How would he know about their "secret plans?" Die Glocke was a theorized item to be in construction during WWII.

Also, why was his vision of the "future" rather tame compared to what most people in the 30's believed? We were supposed to have flying cars and time travel by now. How come his vision of the future is plain and un-exciting? He was a sci-fi fan, so why would he make the future boring instead of gripping and high-tech?

BOOM!

That is a major loophole in the theory right there. Shame, because it had potential.

BOOM!

That is a major loophole in the theory right there. Shame, because it had potential.

Yeah, I thought this post was going to be the explanation but I guess not, the only reason I'm replying is because of your profile picture DeathBringerZen, Skullduggery Pleasant For the win.

• Administrators

It's not a large loophole if you really want to consider that the history of the comic books never actually occur in the Real Life Story. So in that "path", there were no such characters as the O4, FIVE crew, CotD crew, or N4. They are not real in that world. The comic book to us is realistic because of the events based around everything that encompasses it. Outside of the comic book, it is all fictional to whoever is reading/creating it. But that's the only case in which it could happen.

It's not a large loophole if you really want to consider that the history of the comic books never actually occur in the Real Life Story. So in that "path", there were no such characters as the O4, FIVE crew, CotD crew, or N4. They are not real in that world. The comic book to us is realistic because of the events based around everything that encompasses it. Outside of the comic book, it is all fictional to whoever is reading/creating it. But that's the only case in which it could happen.

Maybe there are alternate realities? For example one reality is the Comic Book Story while there is an other reality. This being the Real Life Story. I'm guessing the COTD crew as well as the Five crew (being real humans) are in the Comic Book Story but their real beings are trapped in the Real Life Story.That's why they are in the Comic Book Story. But that still doesn't explain why The Weasel had access to postcards and movie advertisements from nearly 80 years in the future.

I' posting from my phone, so I apologize for any mistakes.

At this point, I'm grasping for straws. But who says that once Weasel escapes, assuming he goes back to the real world, he automatically publishes his comics? Or, better question. What year is it when he reappears in the real world? I mean, this wouldn't be the first time we've had time travel in our plot. Right now, I'm trying to think of ways that this makes sense and pieces together, but I honestly can't say that MoTD is part of our comic.

One could argue that (within the isolated, topsy-turvy) universe of zombies, all of the historical events and characters were entirely made up. The weasel fabricated all of the characters, who (by an obvious stretch from treyarch) hold parallels to real life people.

This would account for several anachronisms in the story relative to historical events. For example certain characters presumed KIA (Kennedy, the CotD crew, etc.) didn't actually die at the times or locations shown in-game. This can be explained by the fact that the weasel is just making up a story. The fact that his "original" characters are all real historical figures from the future (relative to him) can be explained in 2 ways IMO:

1. Time Travel. Weasel knows the future, and is basing his comic off of real events and characters. He could have somehow time-traveled to the future and learned there what happens in the past (relatively still his future.) like in Back to the future part 2.

2. Omnipotence. He doesn't know the future. He is creating the future. His comics could be like prophecies, and the future events depicted in them occur decades after they are originally written.

That second one is pretty psychedelic. Those are just 2 dramatic ideas that occured to me.

I don't necessarily agree with this idea because of how far you have to venture to secure the loopholes. However its an awesome idea and i want to help it as best i can!

One could argue that (within the isolated, topsy-turvy) universe of zombies, all of the historical events and characters were entirely made up. The weasel fabricated all of the characters, who (by an obvious stretch from treyarch) hold parallels to real life people.

This would account for several anachronisms in the story relative to historical events. For example certain characters presumed KIA (Kennedy, the CotD crew, etc.) didn't actually die at the times or locations shown in-game. This can be explained by the fact that the weasel is just making up a story. The fact that his "original" characters are all real historical figures from the future (relative to him) can be explained in 2 ways IMO:

1. Time Travel. Weasel knows the future, and is basing his comic off of real events and characters. He could have somehow time-traveled to the future and learned there what happens in the past (relatively still his future.) like in Back to the future part 2.

2. Omnipotence. He doesn't know the future. He is creating the future. His comics could be like prophecies, and the future events depicted in them occur decades after they are originally written.

That second one is pretty psychedelic. Those are just 2 dramatic ideas that occured to me.

I don't necessarily agree with this idea because of how far you have to venture to secure the loopholes. However its an awesome idea and i want to help it as best i can!

Thanks EJ. We should have a Skype brainstorming session tomorrow. We're missing something here. I can feel it.

Thanks EJ. We should have a Skype brainstorming session tomorrow. We're missing something here. I can feel it.

Do you think maybe Al has voices in his head and they tell him what to write and draw in his comic book? Perhaps whatever he writes and draws becomes that persons fate. That's probably why he drew an escape plan and in the comic book and in the game we are able to get off the island. But whoever controls the zombies (most likely Lucifer) doesn't want the mobsters to escape and let Weasel live. If Weasel lives, then he has the ability to do whatever he wants with the world. He would be able to shape history just by creating a drawing in this comic book. Lucifer wants the cycle to continue and end up with the death of the Weasel so he strikes the plane down and they land in the bridge. After they land on the bridge the mobsters still end up being sentenced to death.

I'd just like to reboot this post with something I figured out. Okay so following this theory we see that the COTD crew are in the Comic Book Story. However the O4 and the N4 are also in this Comic Book Story. Okay so most of us have completed the moon Easter egg and saw those three missiles hit Earth completely obliterating its surface. There are many theory's that the Moon Easter egg took place between 1950 and 1980. But the new Tranzit map as well as Die Rise are said to take place in 2025 or somewhere near that year. However the map Call of the Dead takes place in 2011. But the map isn't destroyed? If Moon took place between 1950 or 1980 and we launched the missiles that blew up the Earth then Call of the Dead would have never took place. So then why did we play Call of the Dead without having fog or lava everywhere? Well I have two theories about this.

Okay so we have these two storylines right? The first being the Comic Book Story the next being the Real Life Story. In your theory you say the COTD crew are in the Comic Book Story. But if this was true then why wasn't the map obliterated? I'm thinking that COTD takes place in the Real Life Story. Why? Because we play as four, real life actors. The O4 'ripped space time back tracing them to the future' or rather, the future that happens in the Real Life Story.

My next theory still involves these two storylines. However in this theory I am going to play around with the actual known zombie storyline. What if Moon takes place after 2011? It would make sense as when while we try to survive Nuketown Zombies we hear and even see the Moon easter egg take place. Even when we die on Nuketown Zombies we see the missile crash into Earth. Now here's the confusing part. In this map we hear the Tranzit bus horn and also Marlton speaking. This proves that Moon, Nuketown, and Tranzit all occur at roughly the same time period. So perhaps we teleport from Shangri La to No Mans Land and from there teleport into the future on Moon.

The second theory is quite confusing and I apologise (I only just thought it up). Please reply with what you think about this. Experience out!

So then why did we play Call of the Dead without having fog or lava everywhere?

Time Travel is a messy mistress, let me try to explain this the best I can.

When we go to CotD, we have yet to launch the missiles from the moon, we don't even have the focusing stone and we just acquired the rod.

So even thought CotD is in 2011 and Moon supposedly happens on those dates, CotD is still solid because Ric isn't in the MPD in that future, Sam is. By altering the past we affect the future.

If we went back to CotD now that the missiles have launched will it be different? More than likely. But since the future that involved the missiles hadn't happened when we first went to CotD it was still fine, if moon took place in the past.

Its a paradox affect, a time line split if you will. We have the time line in which CotD happens and it is fine, and then the new time line where the missiles are launched and we have the Tranzit story arc.

So then why did we play Call of the Dead without having fog or lava everywhere?

Time Travel is a messy mistress, let me try to explain this the best I can.

When we go to CotD, we have yet to launch the missiles from the moon, we don't even have the focusing stone and we just acquired the rod.

So even thought CotD is in 2011 and Moon supposedly happens on those dates, CotD is still solid because Ric isn't in the MPD in that future, Sam is. By altering the past we affect the future.

If we went back to CotD now that the missiles have launched will it be different? More than likely. But since the future that involved the missiles hadn't happened when we first went to CotD it was still fine, if moon took place in the past.

Its a paradox affect, a time line split if you will. We have the time line in which CotD happens and it is fine, and then the new time line where the missiles are launched and we have the Tranzit story arc.

Ahhhh I see your point. However this still doesn't explain the fact that Moon takes place during Nuketown Zombies and we hear Marlton and the TranZit bus horn. And also there is a lot of dust (fog) hanging around on TranZit. Most likely dust from the rockets which recently hit. Perhaps Moon does take place during Nuketown Zombies. I've been bouncing this theory around a lot.

I feel like we NEED to break the cycle for Weasel. I might just say things you might already know but when Ferguson is explaining the story of Weasel dying, that right there should tell us everything happening on MOtD isn't actually happening in real life, but in a loop. If the cycle continues, Weasel and the other three are in this hell forever. If the cycle breaks, then something big should happen after the events of MOtD.

I feel like someone needs Weasel to live, and that's how the zombie's story is created. I feel that Weasel doesn't completely write the whole Comic book till later on, the only reason this theory could still be valid is when other characters from MOtD are running around, they point out things that looks like Weasel has drawn, like the perk machines, and the dog.

i understand where your comming from and like this theory

we play as four, real life actors. The O4 'ripped space time back tracing them to the future' or rather, the future that happens in the Real Life Story.

but if the 4 we play as in COTD are real, sooo would the O4 too(remember when interacted with them and had to "send them to paradise") the Zombie story line would HAVE to be real, remember at the end of COTD George said what inspired him to make the movie, he found old nazi documents about element 115, "real freaky shit" i believe he said.

with that we could assume the ALL of this would in fact be real..the only thing thats distorted is the timeline to which things start taking place. and the only ones that are kinda distorting are:

Moon/Nuketown/TranZit (and i use it this way because looking at the evidence thats be given they for some reason take place in the SAME TIME PERIOD)

Moon and Nuketown: we know fasure this takes place at the same time because you hear the Moon egg threw the tv.

now where TranZit ties in, the quotes Marlton say in the bunker are from TranZit and we hear the bus honking.

confusing...

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the story goes how we've seen it so far. Maybe not mob of the dead but the rest seem to go in order. We start in Nacht der un toten and go to verruckt and ship no numa which as stated by trearch happened along with world at war and ending at der reise, the first map where time is actually messed up. Our use of the teleporters in that map sling us through time to Kino der toten, as explained in the intro.

From there we play five and ask ourselves why we are at the pentagon, and why they get their first battle with zombies even though its after world war two, we soon find that the original four are in Russia and contact them. They then jump through time, to call of the dead, where zombies have come back once more. I think that happens because it is the third time they have jumped into an alternate reality. I believe this because the zombies in black ops goes along with the campaigns timeline so, either when they go to Kino it is still there time line just in the future or they have gone over into the black ops time line and brought the zombies, explaining why it is their first encounter with zombies in five. I also think when they go to call of the dead, they jump again and go into our timeline explaining why they are there even after the earth has been destroyed. From there they go to shangralai which im not so sure about weather it is back in their timeline still ours because we have the rod or if it has its own little place outside of space and time because it is heaven after all, maybe it's in its own timeline, im don't really know this one.

From there they go back to the cold war time line and travel to the moon, this I believe is the time line where the new four are alive, the same time line because they said black ops 2 zombies will not coincide with the black ops 2 campaign time line. This where nuketown zombies green run and the great leap forward occur, because this is the time line where richtofen is in control and the world is shattered. The question is where in this does mob of the dead happen, same time ? Different time line? Whole new place where richtofen has no control and Samantha never came to power?

I feel that this is how the storyline goes, with only minimal problems,.

Thank you for reading, would love feedback, I am on my phone and have yet to complete almost all of the major easter eggs so all of this may be wrong, but I feel like I have a solid understanding..

Recap

All we know is Al draws comics base on the future. He also doesn't have voices in his head but images like the afterlife symbol. According to EJ he could be Time Traveler, Omnipotence, or Sybil.

So the perks are inside the prison because of Al involving the way to fix the rift. They're flickering is they are in purgatory with the players or a dream of some sort. As long as they are in the state they don't get attack or die until they re-wake. So when the cycle is broken what happens next? Well maybe Al does survive and lives on though he still can see the future. The person who spoke in tranzit and Die Rise is older Al guiding the crew to fix the rift and making sure this whole mess never happened. You know he is in debt with Hades or Satan or Ruler of hell still so this fact comes in. So the reason they come back after they die all the time is Satan work with the help of Al guiding them. Remember in every zombie call of duty there is one map that tells the past which effects the future. In WaW it was Der Riese, Bo it was Kino Der Toten, and Bo2 it's MOTD which effected zombies story line without even knowing it until later on. If there is a cause an effect is right around the corner as well. Satan power with Al knowledge vs Richthofen power with strange voice knowledge. Kings-power, Queen-Knowledge, Pawns-Sammy, Misty, R-Man, and Martin. It's a game of chess in all war battles if you think about it.

How does the chess idea effect multiplayer play style as well.

King-Slayer

Queen-Score streaker

Rooks-Those who help the team(objective player)

Knights-Help the knight by defeating them

Bishops or Pawns-Die more then usually but still help out as much as possible.