PS4 or Xbox One?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exclusives I care not for.

Gaming I care for.

PS4 all the way. Sorry Micro$oft it's been a fun run, but between an extra $110, gaming taking a backseat for entertainment, online check in every 24 hours, forced Kinect bundled to make the price higher AND the terrible decision to put limits on used games - enough is enough.

Sony, here I come.

... and I may get a Wii-U just for the new Super Smash Brothers game lol (I'll probably look around Black Friday, I'm sure there will be some killer deals)

I had the privilege of attending E3 this week. Had the opportunity to play games on both Xbox One and PS4. You guys can ask me anything you want to know about the show.

I must say, the Xbox One controller is the best gaming controller I've ever laid my hands on. The PS4 controller is pretty sweet too. But that Xbox One controller is just the ultimate. I was totally bummed when a Xbox rep told me they don't have any plans in the works for it to work on PC (like the Xbox 360 controller currently does).

Xbox One has some sweet games lined up for it too. Titanfall, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza, and Killer Instinct all look amazing. None of those titles are going to show up on PS4. I got to play demos of Ryse, Forza, and KI. All 3 I'm confident are going to be great games!

After all was said and done, I'm still set on pre-ordering a PS4. But wow, has Microsoft made that decision much harder than I thought it ever would be. So glad Titanfall will be available on PC in addition to Xbox One, because that game looks to have some serious potential.

Just thought I'd share my POV since I know many were waiting for E3 to finish before making their decision on which console to get this holiday season.

- Mix

The Xbox just receives more negative attention than it deserves.

Ya see, the reason Used Games will only be able to be sold/traded/given once, is to give way to a Steam-Styled marketplace on Xbox. Overall, games will be cheaper, and we will get lots of Digital sales.

I actually got a link to a conversation that a MS engineer posted, not a direct link itself, but a link to a forum thread in which it describes all of the benefits. Just read the first 2 posts:

http://callofduty-forums.com/community/threads/why-the-xbox-one-is-better-than-the-ps4.56896/

If you read the Article, you'd know that they are currently working on removing the 24-hour check-in, in favor of a longer scale of time, and will most likely allow phone call check-ins as well, so if you're on vacation, you can call them and tell them that you'll be playing the "One".

Oh, and about the 10 family members playing your games from any console. Microsoft's Phil Spencer has said that those 10 members do not have to be family.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/14/xbox-one-game-libraries-can-be-shard-with-non-family-members-says-spencer/

I think only one other person can be playing the same game at the same time as you, but still. That's one friend that can be playing Zombies with me that might normally not be able to. And the media's calling MS stingy.

As for the Kinect privacy issue, MS has denied involvement in the NSA scandal. Now ya know me, I'm still not convinced. So, I found out that you can turn all of the features off manually, and the engineer above said we may be able to unplug them. If you still have a problem, just unplug your Xbox when it's off (It'll also save you a bit of money since devices that are plugged in are ALWAYS using electricity), and if you're super privacy-concerned, cover your Kinect with a towel or turn it around to face your wall.

Even if the restrictions hadn't turned out to be a good thing, I'd still get the One. I mean, come on, most of my friends are getting it, earlier Zombies DLC, exclusive FIFA features, early Battlefield DLC (If you play that, I don't), and the ability to skype, look up EE directions, and play Zombies at the same time. Not to mention I buy a console mainly for the games, and I only like Xbox's exclusives.

I mean, come on, we get Minecraft (I love MC),

Dead Rising 3 (Like my Favourite Game Series other than COD Zombies),

Project Spark (You can make freaking Guitar Hero or an adventure game or whatever you like),

and we get Ryse and Plants Vs. Zombies, and ya know what?

I'll stop listing games. I think you get the point.

When you played with the PS4 controller.

Did you have to use the touchscreen at all?

Or is it just a gimmick like I think it is?

I did not see any use for the ps4 touchscreen. I didn't see any demos that showed its functionality. When I was playing Blacklight, one of the dev's did a "secret handshake" with the controller to make the y-axis inverted for me. I think he might have used the touchscreen then but not totally sure. I would have preferred a menu option over a "secret handshake" but whatever its still prerelease.

Seems like every big game is going to have some form of smart glass functionality.

Only kinect functionality I saw was you can yell battle commands in Ryse rather than simply hitting the Y button to get your troops to follow your orders. And that just used the mic on it, no camera.

I'm not going to deal with throwing towels over a kinect and making it face the wall. What about the mic on it? I'm not going to make sure its unplugged from the wall when not in use. I'm not going to call ms to check in with them if I'm not going to be online for more than a day. I have no desire to police my own home appliances to ensure my personal privacy within my own home. That's not something I want to worry about in my own private living space

-Mix

I'm not going to deal with throwing towels over a kinect and making it face the wall. What about the mic on it? I'm not going to make sure its unplugged from the wall when not in use. I'm not going to call ms to check in with them if I'm not going to be online for more than a day. I have no desire to police my own home appliances to ensure my personal privacy within my own home. That's not something I want to worry about in my own private living space

-Mix

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that the Xbone has it's policies reversed, will this change anyone's mind? Not mine, I've always gamed on Playstation, I prefer symmetrical sticks (though I preferred the 360 controller, just because of size, but I've seen some pics and the DS4 is almost the same size as the One controller), the DS4 seems much nicer, we all know Sony will have better exclusives. Seriously guys? I understand it's preference but you have to remember Sony's 3-4 best studios are working on new games that were'nt revealed there.

Sony Santa Montica's new IP

Guerilla games' new IP

media Molecule's new IP

And Naughty Dog Team 1's Uncharted 4/new IP

And if you WANT to include it Naughty Dog Team 2's The Last of Us 2

Also price is honestly a huge deal for me in this case. I will probably only have $550-600 to spend on this thing, and if I get the One it's $550 (10% tax here) so then I MIGHT not even have enough to get a game afterwards, PS4 will be $440 and I'll have enough left over to get 2 games. (BF4 and Watch Dogs)

Just seems like the PS4 is the better console to me.

Easy, PS4.

Better hardware.

Less expensive.

More games.(http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... exclusives)

I don't mind the subscription fee, not as big of a deal as I thought it would be to me. Plus PS3 online will stay free.

Better customer support and much more reliability.

Controller looks absolutely amazing, can't wait to use it.

I've been running Playstation my entire life and I'm not stopping now, Xbox One is an overall sub-par system made by a company that doesn't care about it's customers.

• 3 weeks later...

Xbox One -

Pros: Exclusive DLC (Specifically CoD), Servers as far as we know are more reliable, Multiplayer experience is unmatched, All-in-One Entertainment

Cons: Trying to again re-implement DRM, $100 more, Sub-par Technology, Kinect (Privacy)

PS4 -

Pros: Cheaper, Better Technology, No Mandatory Camera, Graphics

Cons: Servers, Multiplayer, Still Implementing Big Changes, Many things are still in development

Decision -

Haven't decided. After E3 I was so sure about PS4 but then I remembered that I love getting my map packs on time, the XBL servers are really reliable. However, I'm still on the fence. So I've decided that the week after both come out to watch reviews on the both of them and then make a educated decision then.

Happy to say I preordered my Xbox One console today :D

Why? I love HALO - since it will still only be on Xbox, that's the way I'm going. Although, it does seem pretty awesome aswell ;) I've never been able to cope with the Playstation Controller to be honest. Looking forward to November!

• 1 year later...

Bought a Wii U first, then the PS4 and I'll be getting an Xbox in about 4 months.

Never was a fanboy, but I buy them based on my respect for the companies. Nintendo has always replaced anything for free, zero problems with them. Sony literally laughed at me on the phone once for asking a question, other than that I've had good experiences. Sorry, but Microsoft has been the most money grubbing, stingy and all around dishonest of the three, I still respect the technology, but I am less than pleased with Microsoft, but I just won't be complete without the X1 lol