Old Zombie Maps For BO2

Arighty lads, I know people are talking about this, but wouldn't it be nice if we could have the old maps, ( Verruckt, Ascension, Call of the Dead, ect...) in black ops 2?

A wile back Treyarch made downloadable cameos for the multilayer, right? Now with just a bit of tweaking why couldn't they do the same thing with the old maps, it wouldn't be a waist of time either. There are 14 different maps and if they were all on sale for like 3 U.S dollars, (240 Microsoft points) each that's 42 bucks for all of them or because they are are sold separate you can just buy the ones you want. I think that it would be a brilliant plan, let me know what you all think about it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that no one wants to buy a waw map a 3rd time, and the black ops maps would be too hard to implement (EXEPT maybe kino. As a lot of the features there have returned, wall weapons would need to be swapped out though) but as for COTD, shangri la, moon, five, Assension, and Deadops arcade, they all require their own special attributes not seen in black ops 2... (George, napalm z, space monkeys, pentagon theif, astronauts low Grav., arcade mode...)

And so no, I much rather would like to see four brand new survival maps that are small with the final dlc IF it is dedicated to zombies... Which may just be cooler!

seems like a win win to me. Treyarch gets more $$$ and those who choose to can purchase the old maps they like. The barrier for treyarch is time and cost. I personally don't think we'll see this in BO2 because of the cost of retooling the maps for the new engine and the time it would take...

• Administrators

I wouldn't like it. Seems like it would be overkill to keep replicating "old maps" in such a way as that. Treyarch got away with it in the Rezzurection DLC because it was exclusive only to Hardened (and above) players for a while. Plus, it seems more of a nostalgia factor from seeing where Zombies began to the "finale".

seems like a win win to me. Treyarch gets more $$$ and those who choose to can purchase the old maps they like. The barrier for treyarch is time and cost. I personally don't think we'll see this in BO2 because of the cost of retooling the maps for the new engine and the time it would take...

Thing is I doubt they release something unless they are sure the majority of the players will buy.

/ProfitArch

Thing is I doubt they release something unless they are sure the majority of the players will buy.

/ProfitArch

Right, thats what i was conveying, that the cost and time of a project like this would be too high to justify as the demand for the product would not be large enough to cover those costs

It would be cool to see maps like Kino, Ascension, and Moon on Black Ops 2. However, I seriously doubt the WaW maps would be remastered AGAIN in Black Ops 2, unless Treyarch seriously ran out of ideas.

Birdman hit the nail on the head: Too much work, too little profit, you would have to remake a low Grav. Physics, astronaut AI, Nova 6 crawler effects, lunar landers, lander letters, gersh devices, other wonder weapons, QEDs, excavators, O4 charracter builds, air effects, the massive maps, the traps, the wall guns, the teleporters, area 51 aka no mans land physics, the hacker and countless other bits...

Now I'm not saying the final dlc won't come with a few extra zombie maps, it's just not going to be from previous games...

Personally I would take (say the entire 4th dlc is dedicated to zombies) 4 all new zombie survival maps, maybe some greif maps, a turned map or two, maybe another surprise or two, and a new story mode with an epic block-buster ending that will keep us plenty theory-full for the next year over a new story mode and a few older maps I've played before anyways...

Um...no they wouldnt. They transferred the files from a majority of black ops 1 stuff over to blops 2. and it wouldnt be hard to copy paste the coding over to blops 2 honestly. I believe that they will do it in some form, maybe not the w@w maps but definently the black ops ones.

I think it should be aimed at the fans.

If you're a fan of zombies, you've played the WAW and BO maps before; learned them, figured out the best strat, gone for a high round and then moved on to the next one. The only ZOMBIES players who haven't done this are casuals.

Why would you aim it at casuals when you could please the fans? New maps please!

Um...no they wouldnt. They transferred the files from a majority of black ops 1 stuff over to blops 2. and it wouldnt be hard to copy paste the coding over to blops 2 honestly. I believe that they will do it in some form, maybe not the w@w maps but definently the black ops ones.

Dude, they moved all the files from the zombie engine to the multiplayer engine after black ops 1, they've been working their asses off redoing EVERYTHING with coding, do you really think they're going to have the time, man power, or even space in the coding to redo the black ops 1 maps and still provide us with an acceptablably amazing final map?

You can't just do one map BTW... That would just be terrible, and it would likely be the only thing to fit the coding Saddly...

If they do bring back any maps it would likely be nact (and only nact) from waw, as it is a classic, it's small (would make a good turned map maybe), and they can pull it off without bringing back any other maps...

My only other idea is if they brought back a new version of Deadops arcade...

THAT would be awsome!

I'd rather BO2 weapons. Put's a new spin, like the Classic Maps. If I wanted a Commando, I'd play BO1. Not to mention, they would only get one PaP Upgrade since they're BO weapons.

But I'd prefer they'd work full time on the new maps. If I had to choose one map to reappear, it would be Kino. I see that as a classic map and basically the map that propelled the Zombies craze forward with BO.

Well, they have incorporated an in-game shop, and we have already seen NTZ for sale at 400MS points for the single map, so no reason why they would not add older maps into here for purchase.

They are only going to be making money from the zombie community through the DLC, so why not go down this road.

Many a slayer out there would love to add to their leaderboards while playing maps like Kino, Der Riese, Ascension or Moon.

Treyarch want to make money, and they have over a years life in BO2 after all DLC is in place.

I reckon they WILL offer us old maps through the store. It would be foolish not to.

these are the same questions developers go through when thinking about adding backwards compatibility when making new consoles. Is it profitable or should they make people go buy the old console and game. People are getting mad at the one for not having backwards compatibility when the ps4 will have it but Rise of the Takeo says "if you want play old map, you put in old disc" which in relation to what I'm saying, if you want to play 360 games, then get a 360.

Would it be cool to have the new maps come back? sure. But I rather have more space for better and newer things. Just like in a new system, I don't want space in my one being taken up and prices higher just so I can play bo2 zombies on it when IM absolutely positive that bo3 will have zombies in it. (don't ask me for proof, its just a feeling)

these are the same questions developers go through when thinking about adding backwards compatibility when making new consoles. Is it profitable or should they make people go buy the old console and game. People are getting mad at the one for not having backwards compatibility when the ps4 will have it but Rise of the Takeo says "if you want play old map, you put in old disc" which in relation to what I'm saying, if you want to play 360 games, then get a 360.

Would it be cool to have the new maps come back? sure. But I rather have more space for better and newer things. Just like in a new system, I don't want space in my one being taken up and prices higher just so I can play bo2 zombies on it when IM absolutely positive that bo3 will have zombies in it. (don't ask me for proof, its just a feeling)

Exactly. Contrary to your name, you do not BS. Off topic: do you think GTA 5 will be on Xbox One instead of 360 console? That would suck.

Explain to me again why we moved from the zombies engine to the multiplayer engine?

I assumed for the host migration ability, but alas just had a game end with lost connection to host,..... ay yi yi serenity now

even if that was the case, I could care less about a host migration or a game being dropped because the game doesn't count anyways when someone leaves.

and yea bs stands for my real life initials lololololol.

I'd love all of the old maps to be available through the store. I can't play; Five, Ascention or Moon on my Blops 1, because the disk is scratched. I loved having all of the maps in one location back then, and i'd love to again. Maybe implement it in to the story line of them repeating a cycle for instance, and thus restarting the whole scheme.

I'd love all of the old maps to be available through the store. I can't play; Five, Ascention or Moon on my Blops 1, because the disk is scratched. I loved having all of the maps in one location back then, and i'd love to again. Maybe implement it in to the story line of them repeating a cycle for instance, and thus restarting the whole scheme.

Well then just buy a new 60$ disk... It would be easier then forcing developers to slave away to make a new dlc that you'd have to pay a good 15$ for either way and won't come out for quite some time.., I'd much rather take a new couple of survival maps and a brand new zombies story mode as opposed to the maps I've played before returning...

Also look at trayarch's view:

A: We work our asses off to sell these few maps to everyone again, as well as meet the standards the community demands in a new story map... With the low pay of 15 a map... Then we have to deal with bugs, glitches, hot patches...

B: Make a brand new group of maps that people who don't own black ops 1 want to buy them as well!