Wardens key portals

When you go into afterlife to grab the wardens key, does anyone else have a problem levitating into the portal? Sometimes I can spend the whole time I get in afterlife just jumping and failing, and finally make it with seconds to go, which is annoying because then I have to use another afterlife to power up other things in the area. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what I'm doing differently when I do finally get in. Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a technique that I'm missing?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your pain, much like the jug skull you collect with the tomahawk you have to get a routine down and then perfect it. I've noticed if you stand directly under the portals and attempt to jump you will not be able to breach the opening. Taking a few steps back then jumping gives you a little extra motion to wiggle into it.

Not sure if it's that you jump higher with the movement or if you simply need to line it up perfectly to slide in but it's definitely a bother.

The jump to the one above the laundry is trickier i think. I used to miss it all the time until i started to jump straight off the end of the walkway 'and then turn in the air'. Made it much easier. And the one by wardens just needs a few steps back and to the left so you dont hit your head.

Usually if you fail from trying to jump into to it (pressing jump and forward at the same time) given it's not a total fail and you missed the door completely, you can stand where you have fallen and press jump THEN press forward. Like the above post said (and you probably already know) you can change trajectory in mid air.

Seems the only way I can get it is that way, it is a little tricky.