POP GOES THE WEASEL : 2 joysticks, 1 player

Wanted to share this for anyone who wants the achievement.

Just did this by myself with a 2nd controller on split-screen. Sign in with a guest account on the 2nd controller and go to custom games - original. I just let the 2nd player die off over and over and occasionally used his Afterlifes to speed things up.

- Hells Retriever ASAP

- Wardens Key

- Blue Skulls + Pick up BlunderGat from Wardens desk.

- Plane Parts (docks part: I didn't unlock the door, went into afterlife near Juggernog, ran down to part and jumped over fence and shocked the power source, jumped back over and revived myself. then unlocked padlock and took plane part)

- 3 trips to Bridge: Save one zombie, go to bridge, either kill Brutus or run him around until electric chairs appear. Go back to Alcatraz with same zombie still alive.

- Kill zombie and survive next round (I go to the tunnel with my back to large unopened fence by Juggernog) KEEP ONE ZOMBIE from this round.

- Fuel plane (docks,infirmary,wardens,laundry,stairs)

- Repeat last two steps until you've been at the bridge 3 times total.

- Tomahawk or grenade poster and shock spoon. Use Hells Retriever to get spoon off table in Cafeteria.

- Go to bottom of spiral stairs and input #'s (101, 872, 386, 481) (use Afterlife 2x in power room to do all four)

- Revive yourself and pick up headphones on the way to the roof.

- This is the part where I think I got lucky, if both players are supposed to be near the plane to take off to the bridge for the last time, have one player near the plane and the other (I used the 2nd controller) player go into afterlife and hold X at the plane.

Luckily my main player with perks and guns didn't go down 'cuz I had to start a new round to get the 2nd player to spawn alive to do this. Anyway, if you've spent an hour or two going back and forth to the bridge and everything else, you might want to get someone else in the house to help for a quick second with this part.

Would suck to blow it now.

When in Afterlife on bridge, go to electric chairs and revive yourself and use the 2nd controller to do the same. this is where I got the achievement, didn't even have to kill Al or use Al to kill the other player. But yeah, they all started to swarm the 2nd player and I just sat back shot a few rounds of my Speakeasy, and got the msg - THE CYCLE IS BROKEN.

So yes, technically, this can be done solo.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to share this for anyone who wants the achievement.

Just did this by myself with a 2nd controller on split-screen. Sign in with a guest account on the 2nd controller and go to custom games - original. I just let the 2nd player die off over and over and occasionally used his Afterlifes to speed things up.

- Hells Retriever ASAP

- Wardens Key

- Blue Skulls + Pick up BlunderGat from Wardens desk.

- Plane Parts (docks part: I didn't unlock the door, went into afterlife near Juggernog, ran down to part and jumped over fence and shocked the power source, jumped back over and revived myself. then unlocked padlock and took plane part)

- 3 trips to Bridge: Save one zombie, go to bridge, either kill Brutus or run him around until electric chairs appear. Go back to Alcatraz with same zombie still alive.

- Kill zombie and survive next round (I go to the tunnel with my back to large unopened fence by Juggernog) KEEP ONE ZOMBIE from this round.

- Fuel plane (docks,infirmary,wardens,laundry,stairs)

- Repeat last two steps until you've been at the bridge 3 times total.

- Tomahawk or grenade poster and shock spoon. Use Hells Retriever to get spoon off table in Cafeteria.

- Go to bottom of spiral stairs and input #'s (101, 872, 386, 481) (use Afterlife 2x in power room to do all four)

- Revive yourself and pick up headphones on the way to the roof.

- This is the part where I think I got lucky, if both players are supposed to be near the plane to take off to the bridge for the last time, have one player near the plane and the other (I used the 2nd controller) player go into afterlife and hold X at the plane.

Luckily my main player with perks and guns didn't go down 'cuz I had to start a new round to get the 2nd player to spawn alive to do this. Anyway, if you've spent an hour or two going back and forth to the bridge and everything else, you might want to get someone else in the house to help for a quick second with this part.

Would suck to blow it now.

When in Afterlife on bridge, go to electric chairs and revive yourself and use the 2nd controller to do the same. this is where I got the achievement, didn't even have to kill Al or use Al to kill the other player. But yeah, they all started to swarm the 2nd player and I just sat back shot a few rounds of my Speakeasy, and got the msg - THE CYCLE IS BROKEN.

So yes, technically, this can be done solo.

kind of like you can do this in tranzit with maxis. have your second controller stay on round one with the 4 sleeping zombies while you run around and do everything

Just a note, I have done the EE on a 4 player match with randoms by myself. When I went on the plane in afterlife all 3 of them automatically were put there. Soas long as your second controller was up, didn't matter where, it should bring all remaining players aboard in afterlife.

If that's what you did and I misunderstood my bad.

Just a note, I have done the EE on a 4 player match with randoms by myself. When I went on the plane in afterlife all 3 of them automatically were put there. Soas long as your second controller was up, didn't matter where, it should bring all remaining players aboard in afterlife.

If that's what you did and I misunderstood my bad.

...good to know. I read a few things that said the process might by twitchy at that part so I wanted to be safe after an hour or two of hard work. Luckily what I did worked for the best.

(Note: tried this in SOLO MODE as Finn)

so i completed ALL the steps you laid out and i was actually able to make it to the roof on the LAST headphone. i went downstairs, went into afterlife mode tried to board the plane and it wouldnt let me. i revive myself board it anyway...didnt get the trophy, should i let myself just die on the bridge?? lol

Thank you so much for posting this. I had no idea that it could be done solo and this made my day, because getting three unkown peoplke online to help is a pain. I tried it out and successfully completed the easter egg on my second try! It was really stressful on the last round I had to survive, but I got it good. Thanks again for letting the community know this!

Now I just gotta do Die Rise...

Thank you so much for posting this. I had no idea that it could be done solo and this made my day, because getting three unkown peoplke online to help is a pain. I tried it out and successfully completed the easter egg on my second try! It was really stressful on the last round I had to survive, but I got it good. Thanks again for letting the community know this!

Now I just gotta do Die Rise...

wen you say you did it, you did it by yourself with 2 controllers or just in solo mode?

Custom games with two controllers, sorry for not being specific. I don't think it could be done pure solo with the whole 'kill the other players thing' at the end. It might be possible, but why put in all the effort and find out you cant do it?

tried it last night with Billy and it didnt work, when I went to get on the plane in afterlife, it wouldnt let me.

I know that its been tried before but I wanted to give it a shot.

also gonna try right now to do it solo with AL to see if that makes a difference, and I just learned something new...

I was starting a solo match and 'leaving game' if the character wasnt AL. I did this about ten times and my rank went from shotguns down to knife. So if you dont want your rank to decrease, just play with whoever they give you. I kinda wish they would let you choose which person you wanted at the beginning. Or atleast cycle through them, instead of giving me Sal three times in a row.

Edit: Glad I could help ngin890 !

I was starting a solo match and 'leaving game' if the character wasnt AL. I did this about ten times and my rank went from shotguns down to knife. So if you dont want your rank to decrease, just play with whoever they give you. I kinda wish they would let you choose which person you wanted at the beginning. Or atleast cycle through them, instead of giving me Sal three times in a row.

damn that sux, this map period WILL decrease your rank if you dont play seriously, especially in solo mode. they give you 3 afterlife, sounds like a good thing until your in later rounds and keep gettin downed over and over and over...i lost my knife for trying to play this map solo. even wen playing wit good players, they too get downed more then usual. to me this map is one big DEranking mind fu*k lol

damn that sux, this map period WILL decrease your rank if you dont play seriously, especially in solo mode. they give you 3 afterlife, sounds like a good thing until your in later rounds and keep gettin downed over and over and over...i lost my knife for trying to play this map solo. even wen playing wit good players, they too get downed more then usual. to me this map is one big DEranking mind fu*k lol

I agree.. On the leaderboards my best round was 37 and 14 downs! So I made it a goal of mine to better that and have only 5 downs or less. I ended up with Round 39 and 3 downs, which I'm pretty happy with.

And I've considered during games to use up my afterlifes each new round during later rounds I fully know what you mean. Trying to make it like the other maps where you only get one life.

yea I feel like this map has made me a worse zombie player. I go down a few more times than usual on this map but I don't care cus I can pick myself right back up. And plus with the addition of the riot shield, I just play with a lot less caution then I use to. But whatever, it all started when I mastered whos who in Die Rise and didn't matter how often I went down as long as I had a monkey round in between or only had jug/speed/qr/ww