Tranzit- Jet Gun News?

CSAWWWW

I posted this over @ Activision too-

I've been reading things about the church, the wind turbines out back of Nacht/Prototype, examining character quotes, yada yada...

So tonight, like a few people out there are still doing, I attempted to find something new within Tranzit, particularly with the jet gun, since it seems pretty useless as a weapon and begs to have some sort of purpose.

I'll say right now that I apologize if this has been found. I quickly searched a couple forums/wikias and have not found anything relative.

It's way new to me, and I like to think I'm pretty fresh with my zoms.

For what it is, it could be a pretty useless find, or some sort of glitch for that matter.

Anyway, to kill the suspense- Tranzit. Solo. I was Samuel. Xbox (if that matters or not).

Upon completing the jet gun, I started trying things I hadn't personally tried already.

Obviously, nothing, until I jumped through a portal with the jet gun equipped.

I instantly noticed that the hud displayed a percentage scale which measured the heat of the gun.

As I ran around, it decreased. If I fired, it increased.

The interesting part was that if I had the jet gun equipped, tried to jump through a portal with a denizen on my face, it did not display this way.

I would actually get spat out somewhere with one of my other guns equipped.

Also, upon getting this to display and then getting a denizen on my face, it went away--- and the same with switching guns afterwards.

I let it cool down enough to reach 0%, which it does stay at unless ya get denizen faced or switch guns.

I blew it up twice just to see what would happen...

One thing I did notice, which may be incorrect as I haven't messed with this buildable in awhile, is that it seemed to last a lot longer once you had the percentage scale in the hud from 0%.

Note--- I did not get to try many things, as I have an early morning ahead of me, and I plan to check my theater tomorrow for changes in color/power/duration of the gun...

If I do find something of significance I'll post it asap.

If it's not a glitch, why would the hud display a percentage scale for something that you can see directly on the gun? And not until after you jump through a portal? I'm wondering if the jet gun isn't changed somehow, by either becoming more powerful or lasting longer.

Again, I hope this is not a repeat info bomb.

Good hunting :!:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I'm pretty sure some may know this if they're hardcore jetgun users. However, since it was fixed I doubt anyone goes out of the way to assemble it except to experiment like you did. I myself had no clue about the portal difference when jumping with the jetgun. Makes me wonder about any other changes that can happen when teleporting.

The portals I feel are useful but also necessary, whether they are a by-product of the 115 enriched ground being dug up and the lampposts power mixing or just a convenient and important way to get around the map, the fact that we have the EE being related and other mystery's yet to be explained makes me ponder it even more.

To be honest I saw this yesterday and was hoping you would report back with some more news before I had a chance to experiment just to narrow down some things that have been tried. Either way though if you want add me up and we can try some things together (always easier to have someone holding zombies and doing other things as well).

I've tried most things logical & illogical before and after jumping through the portal, but haven't noticed anything happening. Other than just being able to see a percentage scale, I'm unsure if there is anything else to this. After the scale is displayed-- I have not tried to PaP it yet. I haven't truly tested the duration or the time it takes for it to overheat yet to compare to non-display. A couple of theories-- I haven't re-tried to pull up the manhole cover on road leading towards the bus depot in town (with fallen lightpost pointing at it). I haven't hit the creaky, boarded up door across from the bus depot. I haven't done too much period at Nacht/Prototype with doors or turbines out back.

Other than that, I've tried many things. Oh- another thing I haven't tested to fully-- I was Marlton in a game long ago. He had some quote after equipping the jet gun "This would be perfect in an open field of fire". So, I've mildly tried some lava pits by cornfield, to see if it would spread fire around. I've also mildly tried the burning lawn in front of the cabin.

So many things to try, I'm probably forgetting a few untried. It may be best if we were to just jump in and go nuts, eh? Next time I'm free I'll add ya.