Filling in the Storyline -- Theories of What's Happening

Hi guys,

It's recently come to my attention that we appear to have found just about everything major with Alcatraz. We have been introduced to a brand new cast of characters, we are currently pre-Samantha's Yellow Eyes with a Satanic controller, and we are being told of this paradox of events. With all this down, the section for MotD has been somewhat dead recently. I personally have been lurking because I've felt it too. However, why are we saying we're done with Alcatraz? I've created this thread as an opportunity for people to try and answer past the broad answers we currently have for Alcatraz's events. There are a few huge questions that remain, and I think we're ready to answer them.

1. Why are our mobsters being attacked in the first place? (Past)

My theory:

-In the dying monologue of Albert Arlington, we hear him admit to being the reason the characters are being attacked by the zombies. He knew that eventually, the other three would figure out that he was on the zombies' side, as they do at the end of the sidequest.

cFl5taExPzk

(Skip to 6:15)

He also speaks of how he hated being ignored, as he was before. He wanted to be powerful, like Sal, or Billy, but knew he would never be recognized as different. So, I believe that in Alcatraz, he wanted to finally prove he was different. He created the escape plan, but was nervous it wouldn't work, and that he'd be killed if it didn't. So, he decided to make sure he could get off of the island. He sold Sal's, Billy's, Finn's, and his soul to Lucifer in exchange for getting themselves off of the island.

I believe this quote foreshadowed this:
    eEUT3lgR9vc

(Skip to 0:46)
    If you can get past the greasy smile and the feeling that you were being conned out of your very soul, Arlington was your man.

However, Lucifer wasn't very fair with this deal. (as you'd expect.) For a punishment to the mobsters for what they've done, he allowed the escape plan to fail, and then the other three murdered Weasel. Soon after, they were executed via electric chair. But Lucifer still had to keep his half of the deal. He resurrected them in a new Alcatraz. One where he possessed every human except for them in Alcatraz to attack, ("No 115" quote.) and rearranged Alcatraz to be a horrific, hellish area to be in. He then gave them weapons, and gave them the option fight through the hoard to escape for entertainment. As they successfully crafted the plane and escaped the island into the sky, Lucifer had technically kept his half of the deal. However, he wasn't done with our mobsters yet, for he had their souls. He knocked them around in the sky with a storm, and used that same storm to knock them into the Golden Gate Bridge. There, he also used the storm to zap in the electric chairs that would bring them back to Alcatraz. He had conned the Weasel, and now could play with the characters as he wished. Weasel was aware of what was happening, however, Lucifer wiped the others' memories every time they died of something other than suicide. That's why we hear the other characters question Weasel about how he knows so much, but he never answers. This would continue until they Lucifer decided he had enough of the game, and allowed the others to hear what had originally happened. They then went to the GG Bridge one last time. While there, the zombies began to protect Weasel. The others were already suspicious that Weasel was in on it somehow because he knew so much about it, but now it was confirmed. They attacked Weasel, but couldn't overpower his weapons and the other zombies. Lucifer had broken the cycle by having the others dead, but not returning. Now, Weasel belongs to Lucifer, and must do his bidding.

2. Why are we hearing about any of this? (Future)

My theory:

-I think that by logic, we have not seen the last of Lucifer and Weasel. From an exterior perspective, why would we be given this story if it didn't have anything to do with the future of the storyline? So, I think we now have enough evidence to make a few predictions on what's to come.

I think two of those just so happen to branch off of this quote:

cNcCedQNaFE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcCedQNaFE/
    (Skip to 11:31)
    The blackness will swallow your pride! Something far more terrible than you lies here!

In this quote, Sam is referring to something (or someone) in the Aether that must be very evil. We've wondered for quite a while what this could be, and I think we may now know.

The Aether is a sort of heaven made particularly of the element fire, used in Greek and Roman mythology. It is related to αἴθω "to incinerate", also intransitive "to burn, to shine" (related is the name Aithiopes (Ethiopians)), meaning "people with a burnt (black) visage" Does this not sound perfect for Richtofen? Or maybe some other evil-loving beings... Ones with red eyes...

*cough cough* Lucifer *cough cough*

If the Aether is a fiery "heaven" full of burnt darkness, why would Lucifer ever leave? Just because he's in the Aether doesn't mean he's controlling the zombies. He could be doing other things, like dealing souls and stuff.

Now, with the idea that there could be more than one person in the Aether in your head, think about how we hear Sam's voice call out the power ups, and we have Samantha's Lullaby play on the map. Perhaps Samantha is in the MPD right now, and is testing some of her powers as we fight. Perhaps Lucifer allowed her to have the zombies, to avenge her father, whilst he did his other business.

[MID-POST EDIT: We must be pre Samantha by logic on this one.
    The GGB cabling construction began August 1st, 1935

and GGB suspended structure construction began June 18th, 1936

This is what it looked like after cabling construction was finished:

Therefore, MotD must occur between August 1st, 1935 and June 18th, 1936.

From A Zombie Trilogy:
    P34.On October 1, 1945, the zombie control group tests were put on hold. Maxis also refused to mass produce the Wunderwaffe DG-2; after all, the Reichstag High Command was gone. Richtofen was not happy about this.
    ^This occurred before Samantha ran into the MPD. So, Samantha may not be in there yet.

Perhaps it's actually Lucifer's voice that calls out the drops. We do have this quote from Der Riese after getting a Max Ammo:
    Ooo-rah, Devil Man!

Perhaps he was the one to send the drops in the first place. It doesn't make sense that Samantha would want to help the O4 anyway, and he wanted the bloodshed to continue.]

And now, he's in there with Richtofen. Perhaps Richtofen mending the rift will seal Lucifer off while he has omnipotent powers over the Earth, and Maxis tearing it means the destruction of Richtofen via Lucifer's powers.

[MID-POST EDIT: Agreeing with the other edit, perhaps Richtofen sends the drops now. He may want them alive so he can do what he needs to with the Sidequests.]

I know that with the future of the storyline, I'm probably looking much too into it, but I feel as though there is a TON of significance with what's happened in MotD.

Thanks for reading through my thought process! (Hopefully your not lost :P ) Now, I want to hear yours. Let me know below. (Yay rhymes.)

-bagel_, out

P.S. I finished this post at exactly 1:15 AM in the morning :lol:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they could have just killed each other and this is their punishment because theyre horrible evil mobsters...

Imagine hell... A place you've been locked up for the last bit of your mortal life... Now you've escaped your cell... And the REAL guards roam free... Zombies... You can never leave... Never stop... Just wipe your memory and keep killing... But not Arlington... He lives with his guilt... Knowing every bit of the cycle... You can never escape and you always die at the end...

This map isnt set in 1933-1939.... it's set in order ,after (or durring) die rise... Over 70 years of constant death, respawn, kill, downed repeat ... Never stopping... Never changing... Until one day other perks appeared and allow the group to learn the truth of their past again... Leading to a shattered cycle... Or just a hiccup in the endless loop of their hell...

• Administrators

This map isnt set in 1933-1939.... it's set in order ,after (or durring) die rise... Over 70 years of constant death, respawn, kill, downed repeat ... Never stopping... Never changing... Until one day other perks appeared and allow the group to learn the truth of their past again... Leading to a shattered cycle... Or just a hiccup in the endless loop of their hell...

There is no evidence to support this. The perks were being sent from a different dimension; that is why they are phasing in an out. They do not belong in this time frame. Our best guess as to the maximum date is directly during the events of Der Riese, or right before it. We know this because Lucifer is in control, and not Samantha or Richtofen.

These are some great ideas, bagel. I'm trying to piece things together, so it may take me some time to give such a direct reply. +1, friendo. :)

@Infest Haha, thanks a ton man. I tend to get on these long rants where things constantly stack on each other, and it gets confusing. :P

Should have specified its not confirmed, my bad, it was late...

If this is another dimintion btw who says richtofen and samanthia could even be in control here? It MIT be out of their realm of influence...

I must not have been very clear in the OP. I'd like to believe it's occurring in the normal zombies dimension. I say it's Lucifer because of the distinctly different voice we hear in Greif, the red eyes, and the time frame. ET12ERTNAL402 pointed this out in one of my earlier threads.

The GGB cabling construction began August 1st, 1935

and GGB suspended structure construction began June 18th, 1936

This is what it looked like after cabling construction was finished:

Therefore, MotD must occur between August 1st, 1935 and June 18th, 1936.

From A Zombie Trilogy:

P34.On October 1, 1945, the zombie control group tests were put on hold. Maxis also refused to mass produce the Wunderwaffe DG-2; after all, the Reichstag High Command was gone. Richtofen was not happy about this. (No zombie control yet.)

So, by logic, we are pre Samantha. I'm going to have to edit the OP.

Well remember this isn't current world, this is Arlington's hell... It's been new years eve night for eternity, the bridge wouldn't become built, because there's no one to build it... They still think they're on the same day they broke out (save for Arlington) because the world around them is the same... It could be a million years or five hours and they couldn't know...

I'm enjoying the read. Great stuff.

Quick question, I understand the cabling timeline but during the EE we get a date of New Years Eve 1933 for Weasel's death and 14-15 days after that for the other 3 in the electric chair. Therefore, we would have to conclude that their hell couldn't have started directly after death but some time later. How could we find a correlation between the date of 1933 and the construction of the GGB? Could they have started their "cycle" directly after death and as the world keeps changing, they keep fighting but don't remember it? So for the first 2-3 years there was no PaP? Or when they died did they go to a parallel dimension that mirrors the existing one. One that exists with Zombies instead?

The whole GGB construction and the date that's dated in the game doesn't necessarily make sense. I'm sure something will come to light shortly.

Well remember this isn't current world, this is Arlington's hell... It's been new years eve night for eternity, the bridge wouldn't become built, because there's no one to build it... They still think they're on the same day they broke out (save for Arlington) because the world around them is the same... It could be a million years or five hours and they couldn't know...

I don't necessarily think this is a personal hell for Weasel, but more of an entertainment for Lucifer, just like Greif and Turned. Those events happen in the normal world, just in a different time period than the events of TranZit/MotD. Just as Richtofen's powers allowed in Die Rise, he could simply set the time back to when they arrived and allow then to attempt his steps again. So, we see the fireworks over in San Francisco because it's New Years, and no one would be working on the bridge if that was the case. This whole Million Year hell is actually occurring on one day. After they killed all these prisoners and guards and broke the cycle, I assume Lucifer resurrected them as normal people with wiped memories, and cleaned the place up. He let all the perks go back to the original time and cleared out the skulls. However, the GG bridge chairs stayed and so did the rest of the living zombies. We have the newspapers in the Warden's office to know he did that. And besides that, yup, I think you're spot on.

I'm enjoying the read. Great stuff.

Quick question, I understand the cabling timeline but during the EE we get a date of New Years Eve 1933 for Weasel's death and 14-15 days after that for the other 3 in the electric chair. Therefore, we would have to conclude that their hell couldn't have started directly after death but some time later. How could we find a correlation between the date of 1933 and the construction of the GGB? Could they have started their "cycle" directly after death and as the world keeps changing, they keep fighting but don't remember it? So for the first 2-3 years there was no PaP? Or when they died did they go to a parallel dimension that mirrors the existing one. One that exists with Zombies instead?

The whole GGB construction and the date that's dated in the game doesn't necessarily make sense. I'm sure something will come to light shortly.

This discussion occurred in another one of my old threads. We had the confusion and pretty much gave up on the maps before the map came out, hoping for something in game, and still no explanation.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=30678

Alcatraz wasn't even a federal penitentiary in 1933; It was a military prison, and still being built. And we know our mobsters weren't military, and they couldn't have been executed for escaping before it was a prison.

I'd say 3arc had their facts wrong. They have commentaries where the call Weasel Arthur Arlington, but in-game, he calls himself Albert.

Maybe we need to ignore the dates as a whole for this one. It's so confusing.

Great thread Bagel. Lots of info & effort you put into this.

I've come to the realisation that defining an actual date is pointless as there are too many contradictions & inaccuracies across nearly every map starting with the HARRP note found in Shi No Numa. Another note found in Kino der Toten & FIVE also have a date of 1975. And don't even start with the gun dates.

If you look closely on the side of the Tommygun in MotD, there are about 6 or 7 patent dates (I can't remember exactly) 1945, 1973, 1992? plus more, which is very strange. Sorry for no screenshot.

When (& if) the story is finished, I think it all has to do with Die Glocke & Time Travel (as such). The Zombie story is all about this device known as "The Bell"

In the Black Ops 1 campaign intel "Project Nova", there is a paragraph which states:-

"Analysis of the rumoured Die Glocke device to be anything from an anti-gravity propulsion system to a time machine. A statement from Agency case officer Chase Retilund? Details his interrogation of a low-level research assistant who claimed he saw a "mirrored device that allowed the viewing of images from the past." The subject of interrogation died of unknown causes shortly after providing his statement."

"mirrored device that allowed the viewing of images from the past." - This is what I believe is the key to the storyline & may explain all of the inconsistencies of dates/timeline.

I think that the events have occured & we are re-enacting them at a later time. We are viewing images from the past.

@PINNAZ Thanks! And that is... incredible. That is definitely the best explanation for the inconsistencies in time.

As I was writing this, I typed it into Google to read about it, and found its relation to Xerum 525. There was a post by you in the results!

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=27206&p=263647&hilit=xerum+525#p263647

It has a parallel relation to Der Riese and Zombies. Then I searched it on CoDz... Apparently it was being discussed 5 years ago. Only I'm slightly late. I wonder why the entire concept of The Bell has died down here, considering Xerum 525 has a direct coorelation to other things in BO2 zombies, which I won't name yet. I'm about to start a post about where The Bell is still being used in BO2, if you're okay with it and not working on anything yet.

Man, I've got to give you the credit for making my head spin on that. Thanks for clearing that all up!