Mob of the Dead Quotes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge thanks for getting these out Liam. That was damn fast! These quotes really help confirm some things.

Full scripts and analysis incoming.

BTW Brutus, or should I say Ferguson, quotes are creepy as hell. Wouldn't want to listen to those alone in the dark! ;)

Can someone post a write out of the Weasel's "Rejection hurts, but it's not the worst thing" monologue for me? I love it.

Love this quote too, here's what I think is most of it, might be a few mistakes though.

"Rejection hurts. But it's not the worst thing...is it, Albert? "What really hurts is... to be ignored. You know how that feels better than anyone, don't you? Sure, they want your skills, your expertise, but only on their terms. They don't care what else you have to offer. How different you could be...if only they noticed you. Is that why you lie to them? Why you promise things you can't deliver... Are you scared, Al? You should be. If they don't suspect you already they will soon. Be careful, Al... one day your promises may come back and bite you. Then what? What will you do when the truth is revealed...when your whole house of cards comes tumbling down? Will you confess? Or will you run? Where will you run, Albert? There's nowhere to run...there's nowhere to hide. You know there's only one way this is gonna end Al. Poor.. poor.. weasel. They all look at you the same don't they Al, they don't see a man when they look at you Al, they see a weasel, or a rat. You're a survivor Al. No shame in that, even a rat survives. You can take it. Whatever they throw your way, just imagine what you would do, if you had the power that they have. You'd have to show them Al. You'd have to show them just what The Weasel is really capable of. Still... Wouldn't you like to know, what it feels like to be respected?"

Brutus has got to be Ferguson.

"I had a wife... and a kid." (I'm doing great Mr DeLuca, my boy Tommy is almost six now)

"9:30... Guard begins his rounds..." (Sal: 9:30 Guard begins his rounds)

"Why did you kill me?" (Arlington stabs Stanley to death)

"Back to your cells" (When he gets re-incarnated as a zombie)

They all point to Ferguson.

But... why do loads of Brutus/Stanley Ferguson's spawn at the same time....?

Unless while in development, it was going to be obvious that Brutus was Stanley and he was going to have a bigger role.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the quotes that's been bothering me is the Brutus' quote on the Golden Gate Bridge (I like to call it the Hells Gate) "I am trapped here, just like you." What do you make out of that?

What he is basically saying is he's trying to get then to give up because they are all in an endless loop hence "he's trapped there just like them"

• 2 years later...

So basically all this time later, I had forgotten about the multiple Brutus plague. I guess it's safe to say we were just seeing displaced versions of Brutus pulled from other time lines. I guess back then it was a "cop out" to say anything about time/space travel or dimensions but here we are.

I was also thinking about the fact that these comics me made could be revisited, the quote where he says something in the lines of "If this is the box from my comics, there should be a raygun inside (I think he might just call it the most powerful weapon, but mentions it again when you actually retrieve the weapon from the box) It really makes me wonder if the greater evil that controls everything is taking ideas from in game fiction, and applying it to it's own nightmare.

I've been listening to a lot of W@W Richtofen and MOTD quotes recently because MOTD was the first real confirmation of the endless loop, there has to be more to that story.