• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing since Nacht. I've heard 'em all.

Jump up and down when the Box moves to make it move somewhere good!

Shoot the Box to get a Ray Gun!

Jump up and down when the Box spins to get a Ray Gun!

There's a secret where you can buy off the wall a Ray Gun!

You'll only survive if you revive me because I have a Ray Gun!

You can get a Type 99 on Der Riese if you hit all the box locations and do a back flip!

The less Max Ammos you get now, the more you get later!

If you get to Round 100 the game ends!

In Kino der Toten, you can climb the ladder to get to the roof!

In "Five", there's a secret room with all the weapons on the wall like in the intro!

If you shoot the sparky batteries in Ascension you complete the super secret easter egg!

If you shoot the sparky batteries with a Death Machine you complete the super secret easter egg!

You just have to open up that blocked-off door below Juggernog in Ascension for the secret easter egg!

Go behind the ice wall in Call of the Dead!

I unlocked the Machete in Call of the Dead!

In Shangri-La, you have to find the right brick to put the Vril Generator in!

There's two Earths in Moon, and it means something!

If you shoot a grenade in the corn in TranZit, Samantha gives you a weapon!

There's this one place in the fog that leads underground in TranZit!

Have we found all of the easter egg?

I love the all time classic:

"Buy the box when the question marks turn gold to get the Ray Gun, first try."

Funny thing is by chance it happened the second time my friend tried on Nacht Der Untoten, he got it.

"Don't get x Power-Up or else we won't get more later!"

:roll:

I think there may actually be something to this... but not necessarily in the exact way that it is stated. What I mean is, it seems that your probability of getting a drop is determined by how many zombies you have killed and how many drops you have had over time, with a lower probability each round as they progress.

I haven't looked at game code or anything, just speaking from experience. A good way to test/prove it is to play moon, go to NML, and kill a hundred or so zombies. Unless it is a higher round, you're practically guaranteed to get a drop from the first zombie you kill when you come back (since you killed so many without a drop because you get none in NML). I've had similar experiences in MotD.

Now, that doesn't mean that leaving a Max Ammo on round 5 will make you more likely to get one on 20, but if I'm on 20 and a Fire Sale I don't need drops, I will leave it in hopes of increasing my odds of getting something else. And it seems to work, honestly.

• Administrators

I think there may actually be something to this... but not necessarily in the exact way that it is stated. What I mean is, it seems that your probability of getting a drop is determined by how many zombies you have killed and how many drops you have had over time, with a lower probability each round as they progress.

I haven't looked at game code or anything, just speaking from experience. A good way to test/prove it is to play moon, go to NML, and kill a hundred or so zombies. Unless it is a higher round, you're practically guaranteed to get a drop from the first zombie you kill when you come back (since you killed so many without a drop because you get none in NML). I've had similar experiences in MotD.

Now, that doesn't mean that leaving a Max Ammo on round 5 will make you more likely to get one on 20, but if I'm on 20 and a Fire Sale I don't need drops, I will leave it in hopes of increasing my odds of getting something else. And it seems to work, honestly.

It revolves primarily around a specific equation that ultimately leads to points. Many players have experienced receiving power drops very early in the rounds if you maximize your points. There are, however, internal points that are only visible within the game's system. Some have called them "team points" for lack of a better name. A player can earn drops based off the team points or individual player points.

The whole "save that drop for later" only holds true in the higher rounds, because just about every drop involves you obtaining more points in some way (i.e. nukes giving 400 points, carpenter giving 200 [i may be wrong with that number]). There is indeed a trigger for this that can make multiple drops happen in one instance, but it's undetermined as to what that trigger might be.

I just prevent grabbing unnecessary drops that won't really help me too much, like a second Max Ammo after just receiving one/filling up or grabbing a carpenter while I'm not even remotely close to a barricade. :D

It revolves primarily around a specific equation that ultimately leads to points. Many players have experienced receiving power drops very early in the rounds if you maximize your points. There are, however, internal points that are only visible within the game's system. Some have called them "team points" for lack of a better name. A player can earn drops based off the team points or individual player points.

The whole "save that drop for later" only holds true in the higher rounds, because just about every drop involves you obtaining more points in some way (i.e. nukes giving 400 points, carpenter giving 200 [i may be wrong with that number]). There is indeed a trigger for this that can make multiple drops happen in one instance, but it's undetermined as to what that trigger might be.

I just prevent grabbing unnecessary drops that won't really help me too much, like a second Max Ammo after just receiving one/filling up or grabbing a carpenter while I'm not even remotely close to a barricade. :D

Interesting... I knew it was something like that, but yeah... that makes sense. And I recently had 2 drops from 1 zombie in an early round, which I had never seen before. Thanks for the info though, I find the math and mechanics in the game very interesting. I did notice the last game I played a few nights ago we had a TON of drops in the first 6 or 7 rounds... now after reading your post I kinda want to go back and look at what kind of points we were getting in that game.

"There are 3 versions of the Hell's Retriever in MotD! If you throw your Hell's Redeemer in the Acid Gat Kit right before it closes, it becomes green!"

"If you Sliquif-y the Escape Pod in Die Rise and dive at the right time, you can get Phd Flopper!"

"If you throw all your EMP's at the NAVcard table in TranZit, it will turn on and take your NAVcard!

"If you use the Ray Gun to push all the bike parts to the Fallout Shelter in Nuketown, Marlton will come out and escape!"

"If you go to Area 51 while the missiles hit Earth at the end of the Easter Egg, you can actually see Marlton running for the Nuketown Fallout Shelter in the distance!"

"If you kill every Monkey in the first 10 seconds in the starting room at Shangri La, you'll receive more Max Ammo drops!"

"If you shoot the spaceship in CotD with the Wunderwaffe, it'll start shooting Ray Gun shots all around you!"

"There is a hidden achievement for the Ascension Easter Egg if you do the steps in the right order!"

"I beat Dead Ops Arcade. It switches to First Person and you fight a giant Cosmic Silverback."

"The Pentagon Thief is actually the guy who killed JFK!"

"There's an Easter Egg in Kino that let's you go to the rooms you are teleported to if you get every tape in the right order!"

"You can get the drops from the Fly Trap in Der Riese if you teleport while they are flying, and you become invincible!"

"There's a hidden PaP in the meteor at Shi No Numa!"

"When you make it to round 100 in Verruckt, it lets you go into the courtyard and beat the game!"

"You can escape Nahct der Untoten in the WaW version!"

People will believe anything they're told.

Here are the stupidest ones I've heard:

(Most are from YouTube comments or what 10 year olds told me on random matches)

Nacht Der Untoten:

Nacht is set in Japan.

Verruckt:

You can see shadows of people through the cracks in the toilet/shower room.

Shi No Numa:

Peter will down every player in the match if he is attacked. (On World at War I know it's true but I don't think it works on Black Ops/iOS/Android versions)

Der Riese:

(None)

Kino Der Toten:

Survive up to round 50 using nothing but off the wall weapons to make a zombie Adolf Hitler spawn. You'll know of his arrival because all zombies will stop and do the Nazi march towards the stage.

Teleport more than 50 times to make the teleporter break.

"FIVE"

Shooting the pig will make PETA arrive at your door.

Shooting the pig will make the Pentagon Thief come after you first.

Smashing all windows in the basement will unlock a different easter egg song.

If you kill the Pentagon Thief, he'll come for you first next time.

If you have no gun when the Pentagon Thief comes, He'll take your knife.

Call of the Dead:

George Romero can be turned human by shooting all the VR11 ammo without missing a single shot.

Players who are Sarah Michelle Gellar will have more luck with the mystery box.

The original 4 can be seen by no-clipping. (Proven false)

Danny Treyjo deals more damage while knifing. (I presume this was made due to the fact he looks the strongest?)

Moon:

Completing the easter egg will make Richtofen and Samantha swap bodies. (So Richtofen is now a little girl with a little girls body) Proven fake.

Players who are at area 51 will get downed when the rockets hit the Earth.

TranZit:

The bus driver will drive the bus off the cliff if you annoy him. (Taken from one of his quotes?)

You can get to Nuketown from TranZit.

If the bus breaks down, Marlton can fix the bus without a turbine.

Nacht Der Untoten is explorable if you have a jet gun and a turbine.

(This one I heard of someone on Xbox, made me laugh so much)

Completing the Tower of Babble will make Misty topless.

Die Rise:

It is possible to jump from one tower to another without taking damage.

PHD Flopper is obtainable by knifing the minions when you have all 6 perks.

PHD Flopper is obtainable by somehow breaking the starting room elevator.

PHD Flopper is obtainable by doing the easter egg

PHD Flopper is obtainable by using a elevator key.

(Various more about how to get PHD Flopper....)

Die Rise is set in Germany.

Die Rise is Der Riese.

Mob of the Dead:

There is a green tomahawk.

Weasel is faster than any other character.

It is possible to get a gun/kill in afterlife.

If all players are downed in afterlife, Brutus won't spawn again.

Oh my the rumours from the World at War days were a plenty. Some of them hilarious. MMX already said most of them, but there are a few others:

"In Nacht Der Untoten, you can get out of the map if you kill the Hitler boss Zombie"

"In Nacht, you get attacked by a Hitler Zombie at round 50/100"

"In Verruckt, you can get out of the map, and can use the fountain for invincibility"

"In Verruckt, if you get all the perks and the Ray Gun, you can get out of the map"

"If you knock Peter down in Shi No Numa, you end the game"

"If you knock Peter down in Shi No Numa, you get a Wunderwaffe/Ray Gun/ other random crap"

"Peter in Shi No Numa was originally going to be a fifth playable character but was scrapped"

"You can see the teddy bear on the moon in Der Riese if you look through a sniper scope"

"If you use all of the teleporters in Der Riese 100 time, you teleport to the moon"

"There is a secret fourth thing to find when activating the fly trap in Der Riese"

That damn Type 99...

Haha I'll leave it there. I'm not ashamed to say that I actively participated in trying to do the things above, but I guess you could say I was also a part of the debunking process :P

-Jolteon

• 2 months later...