SVU-Shadowy Veil Utilizer

gporter

Hey guys I'm new to this site, but not new to zombies. I have been max rank for a while now and I find myself only really playing Die Rise these days. I enjoyed MotD for a day or two, but to me nothing can really beat the wall weapon appeal that was introduced on Die Rise. One thing I did notice about this forum though, is there isn't much talk about the best wall gun ever introduced to zombies. I am not surprised as I find myself explaining to random players all the time... but I'd like to know what this community thinks of the gun. With pack a punch and double tap it is a one shot headshot until round 45. Hard to beat that, if you can aim of course.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SVU is great. It's definitely in the top 5 wall guns. It has great power, as you've stated, and it's not that expensive. It has a large amount of ammo for a sniper rifle, and will allow semi-auto fire unlike most other sniper rifles.

The only thing that really keeps this from being the best wall gun is the scope. The only way to really make this gun effective is by ADS, and that means looking through a scope. No matter how many times you PaP the SVU, unlike the DSR, you can't get an Iron Sights attachment, so you must look through that scope to make it work well.

This hurts peripheral vision. Peripheral vision is highly important in Zombies, in certain circumstances effective hip-fire could save your game. Because the SVU lacks in this, it can never be the best, but it is surely still great.

The SVU is great. It's definitely in the top 5 wall guns. It has great power, as you've stated, and it's not that expensive. It has a large amount of ammo for a sniper rifle, and will allow semi-auto fire unlike most other sniper rifles.

The only thing that really keeps this from being the best wall gun is the scope. The only way to really make this gun effective is by ADS, and that means looking through a scope. No matter how many times you PaP the SVU, unlike the DSR, you can't get an Iron Sights attachment, so you must look through that scope to make it work well.

This hurts peripheral vision. Peripheral vision is highly important in Zombies, in certain circumstances effective hip-fire could save your game. Because the SVU lacks in this, it can never be the best, but it is surely still great.

You actually can't pap more than once if i remember correctly. But yes I totally agree with you in the fact that since you have to aim, it can't be the best.

and to the op, remember you also have to have deadshot daquiri to get one shot headshots to 45

You actually can't pap more than once if i remember correctly. But yes I totally agree with you in the fact that since you have to aim, it can't be the best.

and to the op, remember you also have to have deadshot daquiri to get one shot headshots to 45

You can PaP the SVU many times, but all I've ever seen more than one PaP do to it is give it either a zoom scope or not, so you'd just be going back and forth between zoom and no zoom. DSR, on the other hand, will eventually give you iron sights which makes it better than the SVU in that regard, but the less ammo, recoil, and non semi-auto fire evens the guns out comparatively. I actually prefer the DSR because of the recoil, feels more like a gun and less like a toy, but I'm just weird like that.

You can only pack once, and it is a one shot to the head for 44 rounds without dead shot, which makes it the best wall gun ever. You can say what you want about peripheral vision, but when you horde the zombies up and unload you won't be ads for long. Not to mention you can hear zombies behind you if you wear headphones.

wall weapons can only be PaP ONCE, guns out the box can be PaP multiple times.

but the SVU is one of my favorite wall weapons. just quickly tap L1 wen shooting (quick scooping)while having double tap makes it pretty effective, especially because auto lock. makes hitting zombies in trains easier for me

wall weapons can only be PaP ONCE, guns out the box can be PaP multiple times.

but the SVU is one of my favorite wall weapons. just quickly tap L1 wen shooting (quick scooping)while having double tap makes it pretty effective, especially because auto lock. makes hitting zombies in trains easier for me

the an94 can have target finder, mms scopes, a grip, or a red dot and maybe even more.

I always followed the equation that old guns can't be pack a punched more than once and the newer guns could be pack a punched more that once. when I say new I am referring to the time period that it was made and not when we first saw and were able to use it. But anyways there are exceptions to everything and the svu is one. I don't know the exact date of when the svu was made but im assuming its a newer gun. And wonder weapons are also "new" I guess. but then again every wonder weapon we have had is some random pieces put together and some people may not even consider it a gun. And the blundergat is an older weapon which would mean we couldn't PACK A PUNCH it more than once.

Amen brother. Best wall gun ever in zombies hands down. Not only does it have the best specs in terms of power and efficiency but it is incredibly fun to use.

Also aiming with it isn't hard at all. It is the easiest sniper to use in the game.

Its only downside, is that it's not a great point builder, so you got to wait a while before buying it.

I usually use the PDW and M1911 along with galvaknuckles the first fifteen rounds to build points before buying it. I always get the AN and pack it until I get the grip as my third gun. Once I have PDW,AN, and SVU packed I never run out of ammo until about round 30 or so, which is why I run trains near the SVU ammo, so I can just buy it whenever I need it.

I usually use the PDW and M1911 along with galvaknuckles the first fifteen rounds to build points before buying it. I always get the AN and pack it until I get the grip as my third gun. Once I have PDW,AN, and SVU packed I never run out of ammo until about round 30 or so, which is why I run trains near the SVU ammo, so I can just buy it whenever I need it.

Yeah I usually run a similar loadout in the early rounds. I get the pdw then knuckles then the an-94 after I buy mule kick.

Once I have that, I'll make sallies and upgrade the pdw and an-94. Usually by the time I'm out of pdw ammo, I'll have everything I need and enough points to switch it out for an SVU.

I'm not really in the mood for anymore high round runs on Die Rise, so I'll usually try to get my team to see how long we can hold the SVU room. It's hella-fun. :D

My strategy is always as following ( I always do co-op)

As soon as I get out of starting room, grab a part. Drop down into SVU area and buy SVU, save up for door and then buy that to get into the PDW area, drop down and finish off the trample steam. Go to AN-94 and get that. Then save up to get the Bowie knife, where I then save up points.

Hey guys I'm new to this site, but not new to zombies. I have been max rank for a while now and I find myself only really playing Die Rise these days. I enjoyed MotD for a day or two, but to me nothing can really beat the wall weapon appeal that was introduced on Die Rise. One thing I did notice about this forum though, is there isn't much talk about the best wall gun ever introduced to zombies. I am not surprised as I find myself explaining to random players all the time... but I'd like to know what this community thinks of the gun. With pack a punch and double tap it is a one shot headshot until round 45. Hard to beat that, if you can aim of course.

yep its a great gun. my friends i normally play with will grab this first and camp the area floor below the roof by the dual elevator shafts... just kind of take turns popping heads...

now the gun severely needs to be nerfed in multiplayer IMO, albeit only in hardcore modes.. its just ridiculous lol

Not going to lie, I love the weapons on die rise, however the map it's self is a bit Boreing to my taste... Once you get a tramplesteam, mule kick, juggernog, the seliquifier, the SVU, the an-94, semtext, claymores, and galvas, there is nothing left to do on the map but run circles and earn free perks from minions...

In Mob of the dead, you're introduced to a brand new arsenal of weaponary:

Deathmachine, ak, Blundergat, hell's R., LSAT (returned),Uzi, the golden spork, and of course the Chicago typewriter:

These weapons may not be as powerfull, but they make up for it by simply being amazing! And the map holds many more things to accomplish:

Skulls

Build the plane

Upgrade the Blundergat TWICEFOLD

Build the sheild

Get the spork

Get the upgraded hell's redeemer

And the best part: When your group is just done, and doesn't want to play anymore, the game ends with a beautifully executed Easter egg that ends the map.... You feel like YOU beet the map! YOU won! Not the zombies! YOU! This is the only cod. zombies map in existance to achieve this!

Not going to lie, I love the weapons on die rise, however the map it's self is a bit Boreing to my taste... Once you get a tramplesteam, mule kick, juggernog, the seliquifier, the SVU, the an-94, semtext, claymores, and galvas, there is nothing left to do on the map but run circles and earn free perks from minions...

In Mob of the dead, you're introduced to a brand new arsenal of weaponary:

Deathmachine, ak, Blundergat, hell's R., LSAT (returned),Uzi, the golden spork, and of course the Chicago typewriter:

These weapons may not be as powerfull, but they make up for it by simply being amazing! And the map holds many more things to accomplish:

Skulls

Build the plane

Upgrade the Blundergat TWICEFOLD

Build the sheild

Get the spork

Get the upgraded hell's redeemer

And the best part: When your group is just done, and doesn't want to play anymore, the game ends with a beautifully executed Easter egg that ends the map.... You feel like YOU beet the map! YOU won! Not the zombies! YOU! This is the only cod. zombies map in existance to achieve this!

best part?? that is the worst part!! that's the whole point of zombies, endless hordes of the undead. i was super pissed that the EE ended the game... everything else awesome... but i certainly hope that doesn't become the norm for the EEs

Mob is not a fun map, it's kind of ironic how you say there is nothing left to do on die rise... because using the SVU and AN is why I continue to play die rise... but when you get hells redeemer and golden spork in mob you can sleepwalk you way to round 40. How is that any fun???

I really hope the next map at least has an SVU on the wall.

best part?? that is the worst part!! that's the whole point of zombies, endless hordes of the undead. i was super pissed that the EE ended the game... everything else awesome... but i certainly hope that doesn't become the norm for the EEs

Very true. Every time I play a game, everyone begs me to do the easter egg. I tell them no. We end up surviving very well, getting into the high 30's, and then they whine saying they're bored and want to end the game. It's so aggravating. Zombies is not supposed to end.

You want an awesome reward for completing the Side Mission? Well, how about we instead give you the same exact result as dying instantly but with some text on the screen?

• 3 weeks later...

The SVU is certainly the best wall weapon in Zombies. The only others that even come remotely close are the Thompson (not MotD version) and the AN-94. What sets the SVU on a whole other level is the combination of its amazing power and its huge ammo capacity. As others have stated, no other wall weapon has ever shown itself to be so reliable for doing the killing into the later rounds, in fact, other than wonder weapons, there isn't a box weapon either as good as the SVU (DSR 50 fanboys would try to argue, but the fact of the matter is that the SVU has twice the ammo and a lot more than half the DSR's power). As others have said, DT2 and Deadshot simply buff this by a huge margin.

Those who say that the lack of iron sights is a problem are doing it wrong. You don't really need peripheral vision to shoot a hoard of zombies effectively. Just train them up.

I feel like the SVU is overlooked a lot. Most people aren't used to using sniper rifles in zombies, so a lot of people just buy the AN-94 (and tbh, if you can't make it past round 30, you'll never see why the SVU is so good). But the SVU is amazing and it is the best gun in Die Rise other than the Sliquifier.

It's my favorite weapon in multiplayer as well, thanks to my Zombies roots. I love it.

Well said buddy I can't agree more, it's funny you mention DSR fanboys because I run into a lot of those, and I couldn't have said it any better myself when you described the AN by comparison to the SVU. Most players will never know the true powe of the SVU because they never get to a high enough round, unless they are doing solo and in that case the SLIQ is the better option anyways.

Here is to hoping the next map pack has an SVU on the wall as well.