What team in Treyarch developed MOTD???

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it was the actual zombies team, why you ask?

I watched numerous videos on youtube and in a few of them they say its obvious that Treyarch allowed another team (potentially campaign devs) to either develop or help develop MOTD as its kind of a zombies spin off. If you remember COTD from Bops 1, that DLC still had the main 4 characters and includes more storyline. MOTD could be a completely separate zombies experience.

I'm sure it was the actual zombies team, why you ask?

I watched numerous videos on youtube and in a few of them they say its obvious that Treyarch allowed another team (potentially campaign devs) to either develop or help develop MOTD as its kind of a zombies spin off. If you remember COTD from Bops 1, that DLC still had the main 4 characters and includes more storyline. MOTD could be a completely separate zombies experience.

I wouldn't say its obvious, but it is definitely a unique zombies experience! I think with BOII they are minimizing the amount of story released compared to previous games.

I'm definitely leaning towards the Campaign devs. Where were Jimmy and Reza and anyone else in the Zombies team for the interviews? Why was it only the standard Treyarch devs and no one from strictly Zombies? Also, look at all the little Easter Eggs in this map, look at all the changes. From the Zombie team's current track record, they haven't done those things at all in Black Ops II.

I'm sure they could have given the zombies development team ideas. Even though it is different than the average zombie map, I really like the changes! If they introduce new mechanics on every map (which looks like they will) I will be very happy. I will be INSANELY happy if they do an all Zombies DLC. The more zombies the better! 8-)

@Ziggy

How do you know for sure man?

I'm definitely leaning towards the Campaign devs. Where were Jimmy and Reza and anyone else in the Zombies team for the interviews? Why was it only the standard Treyarch devs and no one from strictly Zombies? Also, look at all the little Easter Eggs in this map, look at all the changes. From the Zombie team's current track record, they haven't done those things at all in Black Ops II.

This.

Although I've yet to come across an article that states a different zombies team created Mob of the Dead, I'm under the strong impression Jimmy and the guys weren't behind it.

Like Flammen already said, JZ and the guys were nowhere to be found for any of the interviews for MotD. Also, Jimmy is normally all over Twitter when a map is announced and released. And this far, Jimmy has not had a single tweet in regards to the map.

Seems like it was another team responsible for Mob of the Dead, and they sure did one hell of a job.

I took a look at the IMDb information for Mob of the Dead. I am unsure if this is only pertaining to the opening scene - or to the whole level...

Writing credits

+ Jason Blundell story - has worked on BO & COD3

+ Craig Houston writer (story) - was a lead writer for CotD, has worked on BO, WaW, and apparently is the singer for one of the zombie jingles

+ Corky Lehmkuhl story - also the creative director for MotD, he worked as a writer & creative director on BO

Art Department

+ Ken Harsha associate art director - no ties to any previous COD

Animation Department

+ Adam Rosas animation director - has worked on BO & MW3

don't know if this helps, but yeah. Clearly they aren't a lot of zombie vets (asides from Craig Houston) on the IMDb side. I'd like to find out the specifics, but considering how different this map is from the others - I'm thinking it was the campaign devs. We'll see though... hopefully.

Two more days for me!!!!! I absolutely love the HuD, is there a link to credits for this map? Other than what was listed here? I had heard the rumor that the people from Der Riese helped but as much as I look, I cannot find anything more concrete than members posting on forums, so not concrete at all.

Nontheless, if indeed there are new people who worked on it they should be offered a full time job, from the little I've got to play on xbox it very well may be one of the best maps I've played on BO2.

The zombies development team. Anything more specific is subject to rumor and speculation.

The Zombies team developing it is just as much speculation in this scenario.

Everything points towards the single player team developing with input from the zombies team.

well put Liam... either way, if they did collaborate for this map which it appears that they did, I would love to see them do this some more going forward

Maybe the Campaign team bet the Zombie team they could make a better map.

Jimmy Z has been silent because he doesn't want to promote the campaign teams' map and lose his bet.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I loathe MotD. The new mechanics are NOT zombies and I find the map unplayable for my style of play. I do love the artwork, but that's not enough to make me like the whole map/mode. Shame, too...Everything was done well except for all the game-breaking functionality changes.

If they truly did make a bet about MotD...I give the loss to the team that created MotD.

Jimmy Z has been silent because he doesn't want to promote the campaign teams' map and lose his bet.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I loathe MotD. The new mechanics are NOT zombies and I find the map unplayable for my style of play. I do love the artwork, but that's not enough to make me like the whole map/mode. Shame, too...Everything was done well except for all the game-breaking functionality changes.

If they truly did make a bet about MotD...I give the loss to the team that created MotD.

mind elaborating on "game-breaking functionality changes? only thing you could possibly be referencing is afterlife... and it doesnt break the game, the game functions the exact same way

mind elaborating on "game-breaking functionality changes? only thing you could possibly be referencing is afterlife... and it doesnt break the game, the game functions the exact same way

Here's the thread for debating my hatred for MotD

You probably won't change my mind, but you're free to try.