Significance of jump scare

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people controlling the zombie's can send their voice to earth from the aether for players to hear. However as far as we know they can't manifest themselves in a physical form. For example, apart from Samantha's physical body in the MPD, we have never seen the aetherial Sam, richtofen, or maxis. As these are the 3 most powerful entities so far, I doubt a random insignificant soul like russman's could actually appear as a physical entity without some kind of power while the controllers can't.

But it DOES look like russman. So maybe he isn't just a random insignificant soul.

Another idea is that russman is in control in MotD. If so then he might just pop up to scare us for the sole purpose of amusing himself by scaring us (very effectively I might add.) however as there is no tangible evedence that it is russman, my conclusion (and TL;DR) is that...

Whoever is in control is projecting a scary image of themself just to mess with us. It's another method of torment in this purgatory state in which Alcatraz is suspended.

That's not necessarily true but I find it most likely.

Besides Russ has his same personality in Die Rise (where he "dies") as in GR, so I doubt he has been taken over / had his soul evicted. His death there is just used to emphasize the ressurection cycle exaggerated in Die Rise.

The people controlling the zombie's can send their voice to earth from the aether for players to hear. However as far as we know they can't manifest themselves in a physical form. For example, apart from Samantha's physical body in the MPD, we have never seen the aetherial Sam, richtofen, or maxis. As these are the 3 most powerful entities so far, I doubt a random insignificant soul like russman's could actually appear as a physical entity without some kind of power while the controllers can't.

But it DOES look like russman. So maybe he isn't just a random insignificant soul.

Another idea is that russman is in control in MotD. If so then he might just pop up to scare us for the sole purpose of amusing himself by scaring us (very effectively I might add.) however as there is no tangible evedence that it is russman, my conclusion (and TL;DR) is that...

Whoever is in control is projecting a scary image of themself just to mess with us. It's another method of torment in this purgatory state in which Alcatraz is suspended.

That's not necessarily true but I find it most likely.

Besides Russ has his same personality in Die Rise (where he "dies") as in GR, so I doubt he has been taken over / had his soul evicted. His death there is just used to emphasize the ressurection cycle exaggerated in Die Rise.

I'm a little lost with your abbreviations. What is DR TL AND GR?

I know that GRILL's thread said that it possibly could be related to Reznov. But who knows.

Who knows indeed.

The problem is that the jump scare man has facial hair. Russman is an obvious first choice, because he's appeared most recently. Reznov, I'd love if it was him, but there are several things about the face (wrinkles, nose size) that make me think otherwise.

Something to ALWAYS consider is the blank portrait in Kino:

We've still never figured out who the mystery man is, and he's appeared in loading screens as well (cheers PINNAZ):

Mystery men have long since been a part of zombies, I can only hope we get some more concrete answers to this jump scare fellow soon.

I find it hard to believe that it's Russman for the same reasons as EJ. Plus, MotD takes place nearly 100 years before Die Rise. Russman wasn't even in existence back then.

But wish time/space anything is possible in zombies, and the fact that they keep repeating their deaths over and over...they could very well have been trapped, or punished for one hundred years before being given the chance to escape?

I find it hard to believe that it's Russman for the same reasons as EJ. Plus, MotD takes place nearly 100 years before Die Rise. Russman wasn't even in existence back then.

How do you get 100 years? MotD is in the 30's. Is Die Rise after 2030? I thought it was more in line with Green Run's timeframe, late 1980's (I think).

How do you get 100 years? MotD is in the 30's. Is Die Rise after 2030? I thought it was more in line with Green Run's timeframe, late 1980's (I think).

There's a poster in the shop at Die Rise saying that it's been open since 1997 or 1996, which means a minimum of around 2007. Also, some people pointed out that there's a poster of what seems to be Tian Zhao from the campaign, saying he's zombified and dangerous, which would have us in 2025. :)

• 6 years later...

well so far the person in the jumpscare may be Nero Blackstone or nero how ever people say it but ive ben doing research and watching videos and playing the games so thats what i know so far but it may be nero

Edited by ot7games
  • Moderators
On 3/10/2020 at 5:19 PM, ot7games said:

or it may be the weasel cause he dies during mob of the dead on the roof cause "Finn" O'Leary, "Sal" DeLuca, and Billy Handsome shot him or killed him on the roof and let him bleed to death

In this thread this is also discussed and I personally think the face looks like Viktor Reznov's. The map Mob of the Dead seems to have more ties with the Russian, but furthermore I am not entirely sure how he ended up in Alcatraz. It would be more likely if it was the Weasel, being there from a prior Cycle where he died, his soul still being in the distance. The jumpscare can be seen in the direction of the Golden Gate bridge, right? That is indeed the location where the Weasel would have died

• 3 weeks later...

yea but mob of the dead takes place during shadows of evil so its nero and i think the soe crew were fighting the dead during mob of the dead so that means they might also be traped in   the same hell where time reapeats only that the soe crew dont get sent back but they complte the hell because in the ending scene for soe the gatekeppers or whatever there name is they were gona give the suming key back to the crew but richtofin stole it proaly meaning they complited there quest but it is nero it basicly explains everything

• 6 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, The Meh said:

I can guarantee that it is Russman.

It really, probably, doesn't have that much meaning or true merit, these days. Fun thing about jumpscares, there.

its not russman tranzit and the other maps take place in 2025 and 2035