Rebirth 115

Hoping I'm posting this in the right forum...

So I don't think I've mentioned it here (it's normally not very relevant), but I play and sing in this rock band called Megaton Hammer. We've been playing for like 6 years now, and I write all the lyrics, most of the music, etc.

Shortly after Mob of the Dead released, I was driving to a show we were playing on 4/20. With Zombies on my mind after playing Mob nonstop for a few days I was going over our songs in my head and made a funny realization. We have a song called "Rebirth" that's about an infinite loop and has lyrical references to the Moon, flight, a sleep that's not eternal... things that could easily be associated with the Zombies storyline.

So I rewrote some of the words on the spot and preformed an alternate version of the song that night that I spontaneously dubbed "Rebirth 115".

Someone was there recording that night, and I thought maybe a couple people here would find it interesting... nobody in my band knew what the hell I was singing about, anyways. Actually, probably nobody at the show at all.

TzGQVaQELfI

Unfortunately the sound was pretty awful at the bar and the vocals are difficult to hear. I'll post the lyrics below.

Leaving this wasteland behind

Icarus takes to the skies

Griffin is calling us near

Expand your mind you will hear

Angels lift us to the gods

Maxis looks on and he nods

Asking Samantha "What if?"

Laughter; the answer she gives

Shape of the wound on your soul

So hard to leave your own show

Relax this sleep's not eternal

There's truth in your dreams, girl

On the dark side of the Moon

They'll find inscribed on our tomb

"Here lie those who never learn

Doomed to repeat through rebirth"

I know its wounded your soul

We'll never leave this damn show

Relax this sleep is eternal

There's no time for dreams now

So.. yeah. Dunno if anyone will care, but I figured I would share it with some people that might actually get the references.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nice mockingbird bass, im using a ESP LTD DK-5, lyrics are good man

Nice. I was never a big BC Rich fan, but I played that bass and fell in love with it. Really versatile sound, active pickups, great feel. Running it through a 700 watt Peavy head and it will shake the ground at half gain. Never had it up to 3/4 even.