Doesn't count towards your rank anymore

TheBSZombie

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, you're overall K/D ISN'T what counts for rank: your co-op and versus K/D's are analyzed separately. Why else do you guys think they made that distinction in game? Co-op K/D is what really matters. Versus K/D is irrelevant, as long as you have a positive record on Turned/Grief maps, you can play as much of those game modes as you like.

A personal example: When I acquired my knife rank, my overall and co-op K/D were both around 100. After the first DLC dropped, I played over 50 games of Turned that first week, and my overall K/D dropped below 30. I probably got nearly 500 downs from just that week. My rank didn't budge. The reason I believe I didn't get de-ranked despite all those downs was because I was winning most of my Turned games (I'm currently like 80-10), and my co-op K/D was still going up.

In general, it's very difficult to get de-ranked once you achieve a rank, unless you purposely try to screw up your stats.

Cliffs: Stop worrying about stats/downs, just have fun

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, you're overall K/D ISN'T what counts for rank: your co-op and versus K/D's are analyzed separately. Why else do you guys think they made that distinction in game? Co-op K/D is what really matters. Versus K/D is irrelevant, as long as you have a positive record on Turned/Grief maps, you can play as much of those game modes as you like.

A personal example: When I acquired my knife rank, my overall and co-op K/D were both around 100. After the first DLC dropped, I played over 50 games of Turned that first week, and my overall K/D dropped below 30. I probably got nearly 500 downs from just that week. My rank didn't budge. The reason I believe I didn't get de-ranked despite all those downs was because I was winning most of my Turned games (I'm currently like 80-10), and my co-op K/D was still going up.

In general, it's very difficult to get de-ranked once you achieve a rank, unless you purposely try to screw up your stats.

Cliffs: Stop worrying about stats/downs, just have fun

Stop worrying about my stats? thats is what makes the game fun to me so i will not :twisted:

Yea it used to be that if you were winning then it wouldn't matter what path you took to get there it just mattered that you got there. But now it doesn't even count at all. I think the zombie team got to much of a back lash from the community so instead of making it where the down don't count in turned they just took grief and turned out of the equation.

And how you consistently win turned, i have no clue. lol

If Grief and Turned don't count at all, then I guess the Overall/Versus K/D's won't matter at all as well? Guess it's only relevant to look at Co-op K/D then. Good to know. Although I have a couple people on my friends list that play almost nothing but Farm Grief and have ranked up just because of that. So maybe they do count, albeit not as much as before?

And if you care about your stats, why'd you play so much Turned lately? :lol:

If Grief and Turned don't count at all, then I guess the Overall/Versus K/D's won't matter at all as well? Guess it's only relevant to look at Co-op K/D then. Good to know. Although I have a couple people on my friends list that play almost nothing but Farm Grief and have ranked up just because of that. So maybe they do count, albeit not as much as before?

And if you care about your stats, why'd you play so much Turned lately? :lol:

I play turned ecause its a 6-7 min game that I can play when I don't have the 3-4 hours to play a zombies game. They used to count. When did your friends get their rank?

Total K/D ratio doesn't count for anything regarding your rank. It's how well you've done in your recent games. Jimmy keeps tweeting that constantly. Your overall stats don't matter. It's your recent stats that do.

If you keep getting x amount of kills and y amount of deaths in your latest games, or if you get to round z, those are the things that matter.

Just wanted to say that I was playing Turned non-stop before Uprising came out for us, gained around 600 deaths or downs alone from it. After about 4 games of MotD, (all of which were kinda crap except for the 4th game, got 37, round 1500 kills, 500 head shots and funnily enough, exactly 200,000 points altogether), imagine my surprise when I see that I'm now Knife rank.

Now, I had been a Skull since BO2's release, and with my obsession for Turned, I definetly and surely thought I would soon be Crossbones.

Some additional information; I consider myself quite good at Turned, only really losing due to lag or someone playing the same way I do. That might have something to do with it.

Anyway, just thought you'd guys like to know incase it helps. :)

I don't remember, perhaps a month or two ago? This theory could be pretty easily tested by creating a new account and playing nothing but Grief/Turned and seeing if your rank increases. I may do that because my friend has a one-bone account he never uses.

yea that was before the change. I believe that you MAY be able to get to skull but will not be able to get knife. I could be wrong but im pretty sure you can't lose your rank.

and kd does play a part. Yes going for high rounds constantly and being good over a few games helps but that also raises your kd.

But it's your hidden recentK/D ratio they take into account. Not your overall ratio. That's why people go down ranks when they don't play for a while. It's also not just K/D.

Nobody ever goes down a rank for not playing. They may lose tallies but they will never lose a rank. "it's also not just k/d." I never said it was. Theres a lot of things that go into it. Kd plays a major part but it isn't the sole determining factor of your rank.

You can get a 1000 kd the first game you play and not have shotguns. You probably won't even have the skull. Because you have to get a certain base amount of kills to get it. High rounds also play a part of it. If you have a high kd of 300+ but never got past round 10 its going to be harder for you to get your shotguns then someone with a 300+ kd that has gotten multiple 30+ round games. Also how you got your kills plays a part in how you get your shotguns. If you got all your kills in a solo game, a custom game, or a 2-.3-. or 4-player game. Do you solely play solo or solely play multiplayer. This all plays a factor, but if your kd is shit you are going to have a bad rank. However, if you have an excelent kd you are going to be a higher rank.

Jimmy Zielinski is probably put under a ton of pressure from the community about the ranking system. Thats probably why he took turned and grief out of it. Its probably why he made these tweets saying its all about your recent games just to please all the guys crying because they will never get shotguns cus they help their friends boost for quick revive or perma jug. Yes it is boosting. Should it be a bannable boost, no. Theres a line between playing the game the "right" way and getting revives the "right" way then having your friend down 14 times or getting a second controller to down 14 times. Or going into round 1 on tranzit and going down three times to get your precious perma jug. Perma jug and perma revive is supposed to help you when you are having a bad time. Not give you an added advantage.