Mob of the Dead: Full Solo Guide

Mob of the Dead: The Complete Solo Guide

Oh yeah. You know what it is. I'm back and I'm ready to write threads again for this amazing website. I'm ready to go to town on these guides, work my ass off to give you guys a crazy selection of strategies and, hopefully, help you reach your goals. Before I say anything though, I'd like to say that I am truly sorry for not getting you a Die Rise guide. That map gave me a lot of trouble, and I got to 94 about a month back only to wake up seeing that I had lagged out.

Anyways, that's Die Rise, though. That's the past. I will certainly be returning to that map in the future, but for now, it's all about that MOB OF THE DEAD, BABY! OH YEAH. This map, it's a love-hate relationship for me. When I'm in the zone, I love it. It's reminiscent of Der Riese, with its super fast trap strategies and crossbow-like Wonder Weapon. But there's no boss rounds, which turns those potential 100 games into mere 70 games. I wouldn't have minded seeing two or three Brutuses spawn for a boss round though. It would actually be moderately challenging. :lol:

Overall, though, I like Mob of the Dead. I've basically made it my bitch with the strategy I'm going to show you guys, but it's still a fun map. There's always something else to do, and many people hate it for that, but I'm just the opposite. The Pack a Punch machine, for instance, is something we have recently been spoiled by. But in reality, it's a hugely important part of any game, and thus it should take a certain degree of effort to unlock it. While I think building a plane is a bit excessive, I like the fact that you have to work for the Pack a Punch. True to their roots (this team made Der Riese), the developers of Mob of the Dead have set a clear objective for this epic: get to the bridge.

But, alas, I'm going into too much detail already. We will be covering all this and more shortly. Get ready, folks! I'm back in my true form and it's time for some Mob of the Dead!

Part One: Early Round Efficiency, Setting Up the Game, and Priorities

First and foremost, let's make a checklist for what you need for a 50+ game.

-The Sweeper (via skulls)
-Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap, Electric Cherry
-Vitriolic Withering
-Zombie Shield IN THE CAFETERIA!
-Plane Parts
-Hell's Redeemer
-Claymores
-Golden Spork (optional—but I like it)
(Note: This is not in any particular order. There is so much to achieve that you just do what you find is the most logical. However, I'm going to share with y'all what I do every game, and I think it's probably the best starting strategy out there.)

Round One: Zap the Double Points door and revive yourself. Wait until zombies begin breaching to pick up that Double Bubble. Try to line up your shots to get collateral damage, but be sure to leave one zombie completely unharmed. You're aiming for 2000 points, so be sure to get all those knife kills and those barricades while you've still got 2x.

Once you've got your full-health walker, open up the door for 1000, chuck your nades in the pit for extra cash, and locate the key. It doesn't particularly matter where it is, for your main goal is to have everything powered on by the end of round 1, so you'll be opening up the additional cellblock door in the back for 1000 regardless.

Once you've found the Warden's Key, zap yourself and grab it, also unlocking the laundromat, Warden's Office, Double Points cell, Speed Cola, Gondola, and Electric Cherry. There is an easy strafe jump you can use in purgatory mode that lets you hop at will up to the third floor of the cellblock, demonstrated in our very own BSZombie's awesome video.

Take your key, unlock the laundromat, use your last purgatory on zapping the machine, and wash the clothes. 20 zombies will spawn in—do not kill any. Go back upstairs to get your Double Points and go to town, but be wary. Nukes will really piss you off in this situation—trust me.

Once everything is said and done, you'll hopefully have about 7000 points. Head back to the pit and start round two.

Overcomplicated? Yes. Effective. OH YES.

Round Two: Feed the dog. Knife while walking backwards, being sure to avoid those pesky Nukes. If everything goes according to plan, you should definitely have an unharmed zombie, the dog fed, and enough for Jug, the 2000 point door, the Gondola, and a Thompson. Take the Gondola down to the docks, unlock the gate, zap door to the O2 tanks as well as Jug, grab both Jug and your Thommy, and kill the zombie in front of the dog spawn.

Round Three: Stay by the docks, continuing to feed the dog. Again, save an unharmed zombie when the dog is all full. Take the Gondola back up and head up to the infirmary (depending on what strategy you want to run later, you may or may not want to keep the door from the cellblock to the infirmary closed). Kill the zombie(s) at the last dog head.

Round Four: Continue killing undead in front of the dog's head. It should be completely fed by the end of the round. Grab the tomahawk through the door in the laundromat.

Okay guys, so I don't have a set formula for anything past this. Just refer back to the checklist if you ever get confused or overwhelmed, and you should be fine. But, however, I will say this: You need to be on the bridge by round ten. Past that round it becomes tedious to earn the Hell's Redeemer. You want to stay at the bridge for at least two full rounds without firing a single shot (including Claymores). I'm still not entirely sure how getting the Redeemer works, but I've never manage to screw it up by staying two complete rounds on the bridge, using nothing by my Retriever.

So I think that's about it. I'm leaving a lot of this early round stuff free for interpretation because, frankly, there's so many different ways to go. Past round four, I really diverge from a set path every game—it's different all the time. But, before you get into anything too deep, I should make you aware than you'll want two Blundergats: One from the box, and one from the skulls. However, if you don't get your Blundergat from the first box cycle, I prefer restarting. Why is this, you ask? Well, for those of you that don't know, Fire Sales are only activated once the box has moved. I think this was implemented to prevent people from getting Thunderguns or, in this case, Blundergats and Death Machines, on round one. However, this can work to your advantage. Not following me? I'll pass it on to my dude Actual Advice Mallard to clarify.

37346484.jpg

Think about it. You want a Max Ammo—it's round 85 and you're critically low on Vitriolic Withering ammo. You've already had three drops this round: a Nuke, Insta-Kill, and Double Points. You need that Max Ammo. You throw a tomahawk. Hear a drop. Your ears perk up and you spin around, desperately trying to find it. There! You've found it. But what is it?

Fire Sale.

Yeah.

Part Two: Midrounds and the Like

So basically, this map, at least early on, is tailored for camping. There are two notable spots: by Double Tap with the back door closed and by the generators with the door to Jug as well as the door to the generators themselves closed. Both are extremely fast and extremely easy; however, I feel that the latter is a bit more safe and definitely has more space to work with. But, alas, I'll be covering both spots.

Rounds 15-35

Option One

Okay, so we'll be focusing on the Jug spot first (it's the one featured in the video guide). Set up your Claymores by the Jug door and fall back if you get overrun. This Claymore pit is also positively devastating to Brutus. Seriously. If you ever feel threatened by either Brutus, zombies, or (and this is me like a hundred percent of the time) both, don't hesitate to fall back on your Claymore pit.

You should be good on Sweeper ammo until at least 30, and past that, yeah, it gets a bit sketchy, but if you have a shield and you spam your Vitriolic Withering when you get overrun, you should have no issues. Remember, too, that you have an Insta-Kill tomahawk—this comes in handy. Why waste precious shots on a few stragglers when you can simply tomahawk them?

By 35, you'll probably have gotten overrun. If and when this happens, the best option is to just panic and open the door to Jug. Granted, you lose your camping spot, but in all honesty, if you get overrun, it's likely a sign that you need to move on to the mid-high round strategy.

Option Two

(Note: I know this beast has a Death Machine, but trust me, it's best to just have to Blundergats)

So basically, as you can see in HoardKillRepeat's—and this is a side note, but this guy is also selectyeti and he used to frequent CoDZ quite often in the olden days of strategy—video, this is a super-fast mid-round camping strategy. With the door behind you closed, zombies spawn from just three windows! Not only this, but the distance zombies have to run from the spawn point to the window itself is minimal, as opposed to Option One, where zombies coming in through the roof take at least ten seconds to run all the way across the grating and down the stairs and finally to the window.

Be sure to stack Claymores behind you. If and when Brutus spawns in, he can only spawn in at one place: basically right next to where you should be standing, making him extremely easy to deal with. I've found having the Golden Spork is more useful in this spot than the other one due to the fact that you're standing directly in front of a window, but it's not a big deal if you don't want to get it.

A warning though, when using this early round camping strategy: while it may be the fastest out of the duo, it is certainly the most dangerous of the two. There is far less space to work with in this area, making its longevity as a manageable camping strategy far shorter than Option One. I rarely get past thirty camping here—meanwhile, for Option One, I can go on at least till thirty-five barely getting scratched.

So, in closing, I'd definitely suggest going with Option One. Albeit, it does make setting up more of a pain as you essentially are "cut off" from the docks, save for the tedious Gondola, but it's so worth it in the end. The Blundergat 2x and the Redeemer in Option One make for a fast, easy, and entertaining midround camping strategy.

Rounds 35-45(ish)

Note that this is not included in the video, as I've discovered this strategy after the video was finalized (when talking about the footage, at least). Also note that it occurred to me only after discovering the absolutely epic spawn control method in the cafeteria. This spawn control is shown to its fullest extent here:

So it occurred to me that utilizing this spawn control can make for a very fast, very easy mid-high round strategy. Basically, what I decided to do was keep my Blundergats 2x until I ran out of Sweeper ammo. Then I abused the spawn trick at the back of the cafeteria, and, low and behold, a fast strategy was born.

When zombies spawn from only two windows, it's extremely easy to just run out to the MP5 and kite them up. Then run back to the back, kill them with your Blundergats, and repeat! I like doing this because, at this stage, with spawns still not at their absolute maximum, I feel like it's more effective and, frankly, a lot more fun.

Part Three: High-Rounds

FINALLY. I mean, right? It's the late 40's now and you're finally ready to break from your restraints. Well, spread your wings, boys. It's time to take flight.

Note: I will be covering each conceivable, effective high round strategy, beginning from the fastest to the slowest. Then, at the end, I'll make my verdict on which strategy is what I would opt with for another high round game.

Strategy A

(Skip to 4:04)

So this strat... this is my strategy. Well, kind of. So I came up with an extremely rough version of it in pre calc a couple weeks back. I went home, did a quick 50, and, low and behold, it worked like a charm. I toyed with it, opened some more doors, kept some others closed, and eventually, after the emergence of the Insta-Kill Hell's Redeemer, I found myself with an entertaining, effective, and incredibly fast strategy.

Essentially, this strategy involves jumping into the stairs to the infirmary. But, instead of going into the infirmary itself, you simply wait on the stairs, all the while utilizing the protective properties of the Zombie Shield and the paralyzing effects of Electric Cherry. However, you can expedite this strategy even more by throwing the Hell's Redeemer at the undead threatening you on the stairs. This way, you'll be killing both the zombies dumb enough to blindly sprint into the active trap and the ones spawning in the infirmary.

Once the trap runs out, you will usually be able to escape, but on the off chance you can't, simply shoot out Vitriolic Withering bolts until you've broken free. However, I should warn you that this is a difficult strategy, to say the least. Walkers in the doorway is the Achille's Heel of this otherwise easy and fast strategy. As shown in the playthrough, I always went around the cafeteria clockwise so I could inspect the doorway before activating the two-hit-down trap, but even then, they just seem to spontaneously appear out of nowhere, and it's an Insta-Down.

This, along with getting the zombies to destroy my shield so as I can get a new, full-health shield each time I pull the trap, account for at least 85% of my downs running this strategy. Simply put, there is no answer for the walkers in the door, and unless there is a magical patch which eliminate these pesky undead, the risk of running this strategy, even for seasoned players such as myself, is simply not worth the reward.

Strategy A-1

A spinoff of Strategy A, this is, hands down, the fastest strategy for this map. Like, there is no possible way for this map to get any faster. It is essentially the exact same strategy as the aforementioned Strategy A, but with one huge exception: Instead of merely rounding up the zombies as you circle around the cafeteria, you are tomahawking them. This kills an additional 12 zombies, as you only have time to throw the tomahawk twice. Be sure to throw the SECOND tomahawk inside the 'cafeteria zone'—that is, at the back of the cafeteria, where zombies only spawn from three windows. This will prevent any additional runners from blocking your path.

Please note that this is pretty much the most advanced strategy that will be featured on this guide, and should be used at your own discretion. It is tough and, until you get the hang of it, you'll want to rip your hair out!

Also, about this strategy, big thanks to MatoMaster21 for giving me a shoutout in the video! I've gained at least twenty subs from that shoutout, and our, albeit incidental, collaboration on this strategy has given us easily the fastest strat for Mob of the Dead to date!

Strategy B

(I've included all of these videos under one strategy because they are, essentially, the exact same thing).

So this strategy is, in a nutshell, the strategy that everyone used in the beginning: pull the trap, wait for it to run out, repeat. It was boring. Well, we've changed that. With the emergence of the Hell's Redeemer (and this is just a little musing, but you'll notice that with a lot of these lightning fast high round strategies, the Hell's Redeemer lies at the center of it all), this strategy, once painfully tedious, is now a wondrously fast and amusing method of high rounds. It is easy to do—after all, the core of it was discovered on day one—and it is fast, I'd say at around 25 seconds per horde.

But how do you run said strategy? Well, as the trio of videos show, there are tons of different strains and variants, but all share a common theme: as the Acid Trap is killing zombies, you are constantly killing those that spawn in who are not being killed. It's kind of hard to explain, but basically, you're always killing—there is no point at any time of this strategy, save for the time when your Tomahawk is recharging, that you are NOT killing undead. And, as we all know, killing zombies is a great way to pass time. I mean, we don't start up our Xboxes and say to ourselves, "Hey, let's go and let traps cool down." No. Zombies is about killing, and from that standpoint, there is no truer killing strategy in Black Ops 2 than this.

So, in short, pull trap, spam tomahawk, trap ends, spam more tomahawk, pull trap, repeat. Depending on some variations, you'll want to have the laundry door closed or the infirmary door closed or something like that, but really, it's the same thing: simple, easy, safe, very fast, and very fun. What's not to love?

Strategy C

Oh, this strategy. This strategy. First of all, let me just say that it is crazy dangerous. Jumping through an active trap that will down you in two hits even with Jug is risky at best, and suicidal at worst. The timing it takes to get that strafe jump (can it even be called a strafe jump?) down right must be narrowed down to an exact science—anything less and you are risking a down. And don't even get me started on the walkers in the door—they are the devil.

But, hey, if you're looking for an insanely dangerous, fast strategy (at 30 seconds per horde, it's not the fastest for the map, but it's certainly not the slowest) that demands your attention for the entire game, look no further than this strategy, courtesy of the mythical, enigmatic 5and5.

As Riley details in his video, this strategy feeds of the blatant exploit of the spawn control trick that I've already introduced you to for the cafeteria. Once spawns reach a high enough speed (thinking about it, 45 may be a little low to start running this strategy—I'd rather start this in the mid-50's, as spawns max out at 64, but past 55 it's hardly noticeable), zombies spawn in instantly, completely dependent on what zone you're standing in. Enter 5and5's comments on the 'spawn abuse' this strategy relies on.

Once you have them rounded up, hit the trap and haul ass to the back of the cafeteria—and I mean haul ass. If you don't get back to the zone in time, zombies will spawn in the infirmary and you will certainly die. Anyways, once the second horde has spawned in, strafe jump through the trap, hop down to the MP5, pointwhore some if you wish, and repeat.

It's crazy and it's dangerous, but, you know, it's a lot of fun, and, moreover, it demands your complete and total attention. I feel like that is an underappreciated quality of potential strategies. While painfully slow strategies such as Flopper on Ascension may be easy and safe, I could probably do 100 rounds there whilst asleep. It's a chaotic strategy, always on the verge of death and possibly a GG, but the benefits of it cannot be overlooked: If you are a seasoned player, I wouldn't overlook this strategy some would render obsolete now (with the emergence of the Hell's Redeemer) as a viable choice for high rounds.

Strategy D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUIYSBC7XI

The first Fan Trap strategy featured, this strategy, developed early on by one GetNeutered, is risky but effective. Since I have never run it nor do I plan on ever running it, I feel like I don't have much right to dissect it, but from talking about with other players, I can tell you that it is not 15 sph (seconds per horde) regardless of what GetNeutered says—I can't give you an exact number for how fast it is, but it's at least well into the mid 20's. However, like Strategy A and Strategy A-1, the risk is simply not worth the reward. Kiting the in the Warden's Office is a PAIN, and kiting in that little hellhole behind in the stairs is even worse.

Perhaps there will come a day when the Fan Trap can keep up with the Acid Trap, but until then, if you're looking for both speed and safety, opt with the Acid Trap.

Strategy E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BaMluFbgyI

Easily the cheapest strategy on the map and possibly the entire game, this is a complete and total abuse of the literally limitless, infinite power that is the Hell's Redeemer. Basically, you just get your perks, a light gun (MP5, Sallies, etc.) and a Vitriolic Withering, and a Hell's Redeemer, then head to the bridge and stay there for the rest of the game. Since the bridge is such an easy place to kite on, you can literally go on forever just throwing the Redeemer over and over and over and over again. The funny thing? It's not even that slow. Compared to the purely legitimate two minute Jet Gun strategy on Green Run, killing an entire horde with exclusively the Hell's Redeemer will only use up forty seconds!

Forty seconds is, of course, not the best, but it's also not the worst. Some of the classic maps—Verruckt and Shi No Numa stick out—offer strategies that take, at its absolute fastest, one minute per horde. You can see where this is going.

Hell's Redeemer = OP.

Strategy F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNJ8cmT5uU

The ORIGINAL Mob of the Dead strategy. This strategy was developed, day one, by 5and5, whom many of you know. People have used it for round 100, 120, 150, and beyond. It is, truly, so easy a caveman could do it. Literally all you do is round up a horde, take them out to the cellblock, pointwhore, run back, hit the trap, wait for the trap to run out, and repeat. It's that simple, and it's so easy. Oh God, it's so, so easy. But, at the same time, it's also painfully boring. I tried this out for a round or two on my 127 run, and I couldn't. I just couldn't. It was too damn slow, and too damn boring. But, hey, if you're looking for an easy, slow, boring strategy, this is it.

Strategy G

The ultimate lazy strategy. This is so easy I could do it all exclusively with one hand you'll never know what you'll need that hand for watwhosaidthat. It is the easiest high round trap strategy, but if you aren't confident with your skills, why not just run a strategy like Strategy E that is just as simple as this one, but fifteen seconds faster? However, if you wanted to run this, for whatever reason, I won't stop you. Just remember to keep dat Double Tap door closed.

The Ruling

My ruling for a high round? Opt with Strategy B. This is the perfect combination of speed, safety, and entertainment. You will never need to pointwhore with the MP5, as you will, if you are running the strategy correctly, always, always, always make back your points and then some with your Hell's Redeemer.

Watch the last few minutes of my video guide and you will see just how much fun this strategy is. It is slightly sketchy at times, but the biggest problem I had was getting out to the cell block to kite. However, I found an easy solution to this: When spawns get insanely fast in the mid 50's, if you just hop into the spawn control at the back of the cafeteria for a few seconds just as the trap is beginning to enter the back end of its 'lifespan'. This forces zombies to spawn in the back rather than in front of you, making escaping the cafeteria an extremely straightforward process.

Part Four: Miscellaneous

Recovering from a Down

The bad news: You went down.

The good news: It doesn't matter.

Seriously. It doesn't. As long as you don't do anything stupid or get bitten by the Good-Idea Fairy, you will be alright. Why? Well, think of purgatory mode as an insanely overpowered Quick Revive—instead of getting only three, you get a new one every round. It makes the map too easy.

So, what I do when I go down, is I survey my surroundings and an escape route. If I've gone down in an active trap or a really bad corner and the zombies are glitching out or something, I take my time. I see if they're running away and creating an escape path for me to take. If they have, great. I'll revive myself and get back my perks. If not, that's still okay. I'll just zap them out of my way, group them back up, and then get my perks back.

But, whatever you do, don't simply sprint ahead of you and YOLO it. That's a great way to get chain downed. Rather, take your time, keeping the zombies close to you at all times. Why do I do this? Simple: they won't spawn in front of you. Sure, there will be the walkers that still spawn ahead of you, but what's better: Five zombies in front of you, or twenty-four zombies in front of you? Besides, all you need to do is pull off some really rudimentary screenshakes and jukes and, suddenly, there are twenty-four zombies on you, all sprinting, and you have complete control of the situation.

Various Tips

It's a Friday, and I'm in a good mood, so I thought I'd spice things up a bit. Instead of writing down the tips, I thought I'd put them in meme-form because I'm just a funny guy like that.

Oh, and it may also be because I took my AP English exam today, and I'm all written-out. :lol:

37346515.jpg

37717123.jpg

37717169.jpg

37717199.jpg

Part Five: Closing Remarks

I am in love with this map. I mean, I was never bored while I played this game—ever (traps certainly help with this, as I often found myself counting the number of traps I pulled per round; it's a fun way to make the rounds feel faster). I'm not sure what it is about Mob of the Dead, but it's just... it's timelessly entertaining. There's something amusing about tomahawking zombies in the face that, still, nearly a month in, hasn't gotten old.

I will be playing this map for a long time. It is surely going to go down as one of my all time favorites, and one of the community's all time favorites.

So, yeah, I guess that's about it. If I remember anything I didn't add, I'll put it in the thread.

Okay guys, I'm out. Thanks for reading. SEE YA!

-perfect

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Andrew, fantastic guide.

I am 100% agreement with restarting game if you don't get blundergat on first box to avoid Firesale activation.

I've used similar Strategy you mentioned in third video (Bring me 115) in strategy B before I lagged out on 86. It is very simple and need basic training skills. It is also very fast combined with redeemer.

Brains.

nice tutorial man. Loads of strategies put together. I wish you would have done one on die rise seeing how good this was. It killed my gradmas computer because of all the videos playing at once. but it was great. Im more of a golden gate bridge guy. I also like to do the acid trap but the gg bridge is so much more fun to me because of the constant training, especially in co op.

Ingenious way to survive alone but the problem with some is obtaining the hell redeemer :? . It's difficult since no one really know how to get it every time. I mean I still having trouble just getting it my first time.

you have to get a certain amount of kills with it. Then you will hear an afterlife sound. After that you need to go to the gg bridge. You then need to do a full round there with just the retriever. After a full round of killing you will hear another afterlife sound. If you didn't hear the sound you did something wrong and you need to stay another round and you should definitely get it after that round. You can get the first set of kills at the gg bridge but it will make it where you have to stay another round before you can hear the second afterlife sound. after you hear the two afterlife sounds you need to go to the hell's hole. throw your retriever and you should hear another afterlife sound. Then you need to survive that entire round without going down. When the next round starts go into afterlife and then run to the hells retriever area. After that you will then be able to get your redeemer.

Ingenious way to survive alone but the problem with some is obtaining the hell redeemer :? . It's difficult since no one really know how to get it every time. I mean I still having trouble just getting it my first time.

I will add my method of getting it when I get a chance... but, in short, what I do is I just get my Retriever and stay on the bridge using nothing by my Retriever for a full two rounds. Then, when the third round starts, I simply zap myself, go back to Alcatraz, save a zombie at the end, and the pit will always take the Retriever. :D

Perfect - this guide is perfect. thank you for supplying it, and I'm excited to see the co-op guide!

oh. and can we get this pinned. this is an incredible guide...

done and done. ;)

Had to mute you, your commentary is painful to listen to.

would you rather him sound like every other YouTube commentator out there? Announcer voice, pleading for subs and likes? I rather like Andrew's calm way of commentating, I find it similar to actual conversation rather than forced diatribe. To each his own, though.

This really helped! I only got about 5k from the laundry, but that's more than I usually get, and it's enough to PAP a gun! Also, I think it would be useful to add (if not already there) that the Acid Gat kit should be built behind cherry. I say this because if you have both blundergat's, you'll only upgrade one with acid, and that means that this area is a one-time only visit. And the best part about it being a one-time only visit here is because it's not a good place to camp. It'd be best to only use it once and then be done with it lol. Anyways, I hope this helped, and again, thanks for the wonderbar, magnificent guide!

I am going to use something you showed though. When in afterlife near wardens, jumping up to turn on gondola and electric cherry is a great move. Thx.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, man. I really appreciate it. Thanks so much, pal. You're a real class act.

Perfect - this guide is perfect. thank you for supplying it, and I'm excited to see the co-op guide!

oh. and can we get this pinned. this is an incredible guide...

done and done. ;)

would you rather him sound like every other YouTube commentator out there? Announcer voice, pleading for subs and likes? I rather like Andrew's calm way of commentating, I find it similar to actual conversation rather than forced diatribe. To each his own, though.

He had multiple videos in this tutorial. The one he is talking about is obviously the video he used when the guy was in afterlife and powered up speed, wardens, gondola, and electric cherry. Listen to it. Its horrible. You have to mute it. That quality is soooo bad.

jk thats my own video lol. but the reason it was so bad was because it was a new mic and for some reason it didn't sound like that on my computer till I uploaded it to youtube. idk why it did that.

Wow, I'm a bit speechless. I'll be honest I held you to some high expectations when you first started talking about this thread. But you've really blown any and all expectations out of the water. Simply amazing.

Strong effective strategies and easy to follow guides, along with tons of helpful tips along the way. Thanks to you Andrew I now start round two with around 7500 almost every time. And the little tidbit about being able to jump up to the third level from the stairs near the warden's office. Just another great little tip that shows the detail you put into this guide.

This is so much more than just a guide. It is literally a collection of everything a Solo player might need to know to excel in Mob of the Dead.

Simply stunning. Thank you for this :D

Perfect,

First of all great job on the stradegy! I especially like your first few rounds, though I cant watch the videos at work I can understand what you are saying to do throught he text. I just kinda of have it hard to picture unlocking cafeteria, wardens key, wardens office, electric cherry and gondola all with one pergutory. Maybe you just wrote that confusing to me and the video does it in two different ones. Regardless still smart to do that early on.

The juggernaut camp spot is an awesome spot! Not opening the door to the generators I never thought of, I usually just open everything but it makes sense and gives you one less spawn point.

To add another camping spot to the mix I did this last night to round 30. The objective of the game was no hells redeemer no golden sport, two box hits w/ PaP. I had the LSAT and Galil on my box spins. In the wardens office go into the gate that is normally locked and electrified. Stand in the entrance and when you need to reload you can back up into the cell with the plane part while reloading then move back forward again. I can think of a few more camping spots as well but the jugg one is hands down the safest with a great escape route.

You point out the stradegy to use is the tomahawk + acid trap in the cafeteria. What is the point of having the sweeper then? Could you get setup faster say you ran the MP5 and the victrolic withering? Pretty much use the MP5 for points early on and then only use it for the instakills? I just dont see the neccesity for the sweeper at all?

Overall great stradegy, I like how you didnt give hard and fast guide on what the player needs to do and left some interpriptation to it. Though some people may rather have it that you tell them step by step what to do I like this set-up better.

Perfect,

First of all great job on the stradegy! I especially like your first few rounds, though I cant watch the videos at work I can understand what you are saying to do throught he text. I just kinda of have it hard to picture unlocking cafeteria, wardens key, wardens office, electric cherry and gondola all with one pergutory. Maybe you just wrote that confusing to me and the video does it in two different ones. Regardless still smart to do that early on.

The juggernaut camp spot is an awesome spot! Not opening the door to the generators I never thought of, I usually just open everything but it makes sense and gives you one less spawn point.

To add another camping spot to the mix I did this last night to round 30. The objective of the game was no hells redeemer no golden sport, two box hits w/ PaP. I had the LSAT and Galil on my box spins. In the wardens office go into the gate that is normally locked and electrified. Stand in the entrance and when you need to reload you can back up into the cell with the plane part while reloading then move back forward again. I can think of a few more camping spots as well but the jugg one is hands down the safest with a great escape route.

You point out the stradegy to use is the tomahawk + acid trap in the cafeteria. What is the point of having the sweeper then? Could you get setup faster say you ran the MP5 and the victrolic withering? Pretty much use the MP5 for points early on and then only use it for the instakills? I just dont see the neccesity for the sweeper at all?

Overall great stradegy, I like how you didnt give hard and fast guide on what the player needs to do and left some interpriptation to it. Though some people may rather have it that you tell them step by step what to do I like this set-up better.

I like using the Sweeper at that point simply because the strategy isn't the fastest nor the best when spawns aren't as insanely fast as they are in the mid 50's. Plus, I find it rather saddening to let all that potential killing power just go to waste.

This is outstanding work! I will definitely be using these strategies to get to my goal of Round 50.

One question though: For those high-round trap strategies, would it be too early to start using them at Round 40? I know in the guide you mentioned starting it in the high-40s, but I was wondering if you ever tried doing them at a lower round.

Thanks for doing this man, you got me to 38 on I think my 3rd time Solo maybe? I was wondering if there was potential with the Jug camp spot, and thankfully there was.

Had to do the Retriever rounds on 21 and 22, since I was still learning the whole process of getting it, and surprisingly I found it easy, with you a few annoyances here and there but yeah.

Than after that, I started running the laundry room with X2 Ray and FSIRT, with the Retriever and Redeemer as a back up thing. Obviously this got harder as it went on, so I decided to try out the Acid Trap/Cafeteria strategy by swapping out the VitWit for FSIRT. I wanted to get The Sweeper like you point out, but it was mid 30, and I didn't want to risk moving the box for a Fire Sale. So I kept Ray as more a Insta-Kill/crawler dispenser.

But I can safely say I love this strategy, and I love this map because of it. So thank you! Oh yeah, I got Knife rank because of this game, and I seriously wasn't trying or even thought I'd ever get it. I thought I was more closer to downgrading to 2 bones than anything, but yeah. Just another reason I love your strat and map. :)

Quick Question: What's the usefulness of the Golden Spork regarding this strategy? I didn't attempt to get it because the steps looked complicated, but I might get it next time if it can help in some way.