Mob of the Dead: Full Solo Guide

This is outstanding work! I will definitely be using these strategies to get to my goal of Round 50.

One question though: For those high-round trap strategies, would it be too early to start using them at Round 40? I know in the guide you mentioned starting it in the high-40s, but I was wondering if you ever tried doing them at a lower round.

40 is right at the edge. You can do it at that round, but it's not the most effective.

And Rissole, I mean, it can help just pick off stragglers, but really, the tomahawk achieves the same thing, so it's kind of redundant to get the spork. I'll get it most of the time because you feel like a complete god when you have it. :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is outstanding work! I will definitely be using these strategies to get to my goal of Round 50.

One question though: For those high-round trap strategies, would it be too early to start using them at Round 40? I know in the guide you mentioned starting it in the high-40s, but I was wondering if you ever tried doing them at a lower round.

40 is right at the edge. You can do it at that round, but it's not the most effective.

And Rissole, I mean, it can help just pick off stragglers, but really, the tomahawk achieves the same thing, so it's kind of redundant to get the spork. I'll get it most of the time because you feel like a complete god when you have it. :lol:

Just wanted to let you know I got to Round 50 today all thanks to your guide! I used your Strategy A starting from Round 40 and it worked really well! The spork and redeemer really help in fending off zombies on that infirmary staircase while you're waiting for the acid trap to finish up. I only got downed once from 40-50 because a ninja zombie that I didn't see blocked the stairs after I turned the acid trap on :cry:

Absolutely perfect strategy, perfect. I literally read this last night than gave it a try tonight.

Gathering everything from rounds 1 - 15ish took most of the time.

Rounds 20 - 30 took roughly 2 minutes per round.

The entire match so far to round 40 took under an hour and 45 minutes, and the hardest part has been resisting my friends trying to make me play Multiplayer with them and end the game. I'm currently at 41 with all perks, Blundergats, spork, but sadly no Redeemer. I thought I heard the sound cue and returned to Alcatraz to see I was wrong, and blew my chance.

With my Xbox paused and two more days before I leave on vacation, I think I may be able to hit around 70 before I leave! My highest round before this was 35 on Die Rise.

This strategy was extremely precise, and doing everything by the book works big time. Chilling in my basement with the Elena Siegman channel on Pandora and slaying this easily is too fun.

Thank you so much!

respect bro my highest round on leadeboards is 48 but im trying to break it right now trying to get a max ammom from brutis by spinning the box over and over to get him to appear but hes not coming out think treyarch got wise to that trick in late rounds. I still got ammo but wanted to fill up hate getting to near my high score and running out but I went like ten rounds without firing a shot to conserve just tomahawking and trapping....hit me up on xbox if your ever up late night and wanna play I only play solo cuz most people dont know the map inside an out I play this map like 8 hrs a day lol its all I play lol....get at bro and once again your the master (in my sho nuff voice)

respect bro my highest round on leadeboards is 48 but im trying to break it right now trying to get a max ammom from brutis by spinning the box over and over to get him to appear but hes not coming out think treyarch got wise to that trick in late rounds. I still got ammo but wanted to fill up hate getting to near my high score and running out but I went like ten rounds without firing a shot to conserve just tomahawking and trapping....hit me up on xbox if your ever up late night and wanna play I only play solo cuz most people dont know the map inside an out I play this map like 8 hrs a day lol its all I play lol....get at bro and once again your the master (in my sho nuff voice)

Have you tried a game with the showers closed from the top? I see a lot of people playing with that door closed. KingJag said something about it giving him extra cut back space but that was a long time ago, does keeping that door closed/open make it faster? I prefer it open just so I can get the spork and redeemer by round 12

Have you tried a game with the showers closed from the top? I see a lot of people playing with that door closed. KingJag said something about it giving him extra cut back space but that was a long time ago, does keeping that door closed/open make it faster? I prefer it open just so I can get the spork and redeemer by round 12

Yeah it makes all Acid Trap strategies faster. You can still do cutbacks there, though, it's just not as easy.

If you want to make this map as fast as possible, you do the Tomahawk + Acid Trap and you keep the shower door closed as well as the door to the main cell block. I just don't like doing that. It makes the map WAY too linear for my liking. Recovering from a down can be an absolute BITCH with both doors closed.

All in all, I keep it open. It's faster with it closed, but not THAT much faster. My round 99 was something like 19 minutes; I8911T's (with the door closed) was 18. It's not going to matter much in the long run.

Yeah it makes all Acid Trap strategies faster. You can still do cutbacks there, though, it's just not as easy.

If you want to make this map as fast as possible, you do the Tomahawk + Acid Trap and you keep the shower door closed as well as the door to the main cell block. I just don't like doing that. It makes the map WAY too linear for my liking. Recovering from a down can be an absolute BITCH with both doors closed.

All in all, I keep it open. It's faster with it closed, but not THAT much faster. My round 99 was something like 19 minutes; I8911T's (with the door closed) was 18. It's not going to matter much in the long run.

I love the way you talk strategy ;) :lol:

Awesome. How do you personally recover from a down? I get a shield, go up to infirmary and then go by electric cherry (do you keep that door closed to?) to the gondola. I purchase EC on the way and after using the gondola i get jug and run back to it. Then I go get speed after riding up the gondola and then go through the tunnels back to the acid trap while getting double tap.

Also on this strategy run, I ended up just dropping my second weapon by paping it but not picking it up. I was going down because I was running with the ray gun and no matter how much I told myself, I couldn't put it into my head to run with the vitriolic out.

what started out as a game to see if i could get the spork and redeemer by round 12 has now ended up being my very first super high game. Im at 88 now and working on 100 if time permits

Good luck.

For recovering from downs (I think I showed this in the video guide) I just get up, grab a new shield, lead them down through the showers, grab Jug by the docks, loop back, grab Double Tap, Speed, Cherry. It takes a long time, but it's insanely safe.

• Administrators

For recovering from downs (I think I showed this in the video guide) I just get up, grab a new shield, lead them down through the showers, grab Jug by the docks, loop back, grab Double Tap, Speed, Cherry. It takes a long time, but it's insanely safe.

I always find it excruciatingly difficult to recover and go down that damned stairwell. Once you get past the numbers machine, that small staircase leading to the outside will definitely be a make-or-break for you. Having a Zombie Shield can help, but it's risky on the higher rounds.

I always find it excruciatingly difficult to recover and go down that damned stairwell. Once you get past the numbers machine, that small staircase leading to the outside will definitely be a make-or-break for you. Having a Zombie Shield can help, but it's risky on the higher rounds.

In the higher rounds 75+, the only problem I had was after I got jug and returning to the gondola. A group of 4-6 zombies would have spawned and jumped over the metal plate by the gondola already. All I would do since I have electric cherry would shoot and it would zap them and I would just slide past.

In the higher rounds 75+, the only problem I had was after I got jug and returning to the gondola. A group of 4-6 zombies would have spawned and jumped over the metal plate by the gondola already. All I would do since I have electric cherry would shoot and it would zap them and I would just slide past.

That happens to be quite badass IMO 8-)

There are two easy solutions to this:

1) Induce the walkers to respawn ahead of you. They will likely respawn as runners. Do some cutbacks in front of the electric switch thing on the stairs, and you have a full horde behind you now.

2) Prefire Vitriolic Withering shots at every corner. Boom. You're through.

I actually just YOLO it and rely on my dodging abilities to get past the respawning walkers (thank you No Man's Land) but I understand that not everyone can screenshake, sprint jump, and drag out without error every time. So, thus, you'd probably be better off with option 2. :P

Or, you know, you COULD just go down the Gondola. But I don't have much expertise in that... I've always gone the long way haha. I hate having to train at the docks.

• Administrators

I think I'll stick with Option 2. I'm relatively good at cutbacks, but that staircase can be such a crapper if they spawn right in the dirt. :lol:

Trains are not terrible at the docks. You can stay near the Beast spawn and run a few loops in that area without having to open the power generator room. Just keep a close eye on the zombies dropping form above. Cut-backs in that area plus in front of the cage (where you can pick up the air tanks) and you will have a glorious day.

Thanks for this strategy, man. I'm normally a co-op guy, but I kept using most of this, and I kept going to the bridge for 3 rounds and coming back. I got my highest solo round: 34. I know it's not too good, but then again I'm not a solo guy lol. What was funny, was that I lost Jug, and shot the Withering, and it killed me. Oh, I wish this map had Flopper.

Thanks for this strategy, man. I'm normally a co-op guy, but I kept using most of this, and I kept going to the bridge for 3 rounds and coming back. I got my highest solo round: 34. I know it's not too good, but then again I'm not a solo guy lol. What was funny, was that I lost Jug, and shot the Withering, and it killed me. Oh, I wish this map had Flopper.

Yep. That's why I always, always, always have a shield. It seems to act as poor man's Flopper when you turn your back to the Withering bolts.

• Administrators

I've cleaned up this thread.

Please refrain from comments outside these strategies (or whatever strategy is posted). If you have a problem, do express the concern in a PM or talk to us if it's really that detrimental.

By the way perfect, I tried this strategy and it's absolutely brilliant. Got myself to the 30's in a matter of an hour. That almost never happens for me. :)

I've cleaned up this thread.

Please refrain from comments outside these strategies (or whatever strategy is posted). If you have a problem, do express the concern in a PM or talk to us if it's really that detrimental.

By the way perfect, I tried this strategy and it's absolutely brilliant. Got myself to the 30's in a matter of an hour. That almost never happens for me. :)

thanks for helping! :)

• 1 month later...

Got to round 100 the other day. I saw people were asking about recovering from a down so I'll post my experience here to help as well.

What I used to do was what perfect has been suggesting; going down through the underground to buy Jug. The problem was, in most of my games, once I passed the 80s, I'd go down somewhere in the stairwell due to zombies spawning in front of me. If you go down in the stairwell, it's over, even with all afterlifes. Even with teleporting the zombies, they still trap you in.

So on my round 100 game, I tried something different. I used the gondola every time to get Jug, with 100% success rate - I only died 1 time on route to Jug, and that's because I got double swiped by the same zombie, twice from behind as I ran past (I still don't understand how it happened). I kept the infirmary door (from the Acid Trap) closed, and the showers door from above closed.

When I went down, I'd get all zombies behind me and then go via the main cell block, up to the gondola. Then down, sprint to Jug. Wait till zombies started spawning close to me, then walk down to the generator room via the ramp next to Jug. I'd go in the room via the first door on the left, then left again, then take a right before the door going to the workbench. I'd stick against the far side of the room from Jug, then go back up the rampway, tomahawk in hand to take out any slow walkers between me and the gondola, and head back up using it.

This worked every single time. I recommend other people try it.

Will probably add a link to my video of the last few rounds near 100 to show this in action, once I upload it.

• 2 months later...