Are we done with MOTD?

I keep hearing people talking about things we have yet to discover on MOTD but I'm not sure, I think we've completed everything but have yet to fully understand the info its given us.

The Second Hell's Retriever Upgrade:

A popular theory is that we have yet to discover another upgrade for the Hell's Retriever, I'm certainly not saying that there isn't one, I'm just saying that this is highly unlikely. The Hell's Redeemer is hard enough to get and still has speculation on what exactly to do to get it, and people are still having problems getting it after weeks of it being revealed and those who have gotten it have been proving how 'Over-powered' it is and it is a 1 hit for many many rounds after the golden spork runs out, I doubt they would have made another one since there is no way to make one more powerful than the one that we have already found, but I'm not saying to stop looking for them, since there is always a chance!

The Lighthouse

In one of my earlier posts I posted that we should investigate why the lighthouse has been reported to have turned off several times and I'd like to report that this has been proven by several people that this is confirmed to be a theater mode glitch, there is a possibility (Because isn't every zombies theory just a giant possibility?) that there is a way to turn off the lighthouse and a glitch in theater mode is making that happen when it hasn't even been prompted to?

Idle Brutus:

There was a youtube video that I can't seem to find (If you link it in the comments I'll be sure to add it here) where someone was on the bridge and Brutus standing still, his idle animation was him whacking his baton into his hand and just watching, I believe this is yet another glitch. I'm not sure though, because Brutus is never really idle and I don't think there is a way to make him idle unless its through glitch, so why would treyarc give him and idle animation?

There can be several reasons why and here is my theory, maybe its because his running animation and his character model itself is fairly large it could cause a lot of glitches when he killed players and ran over their bodies while they waited to be revived, maybe flinging them outside the map as people have seen on multiplayer with score streaks and such, to prevent this treyarc had to do something, they at first may have made him idly stand over the player, which would need for him to an animation to do so, and treyarc did as such. Treyarc must have thought this was a bad idea and gave the ability to teleport to the other players, giving him no need for a idle animation but yet leaving the animation in the game, this must have been triggered in the youtube video when Brutus may have gotten stuck on an obstacle on the GG Bridge, leaving him to trigger the idle animation, the reason we haven't seen it before is because like I said before, there is no other circumstance (That I know of.) that leave Brutus to stay still.

The Perks at the Docks:

A lot of people have been speculating of how to get the perks at the docks, which are Mule Kick and PHD Flopper, I'm pretty sure this has to do with them being removed from MOTD and being put in Grief Mode instead, or maybe its just because they're in Grief mode. I doubt you can get the perks, my theory is that the perks are removed from the map meaning they were there before and when were they in the map, grief. I think its trying to show that Grief in MOTD plays before MOTD. But there are many contridictions to this, such as that MOTD is in hell, meaning there'd be no timeline and there'd be noone else in the prison, because its hell made specifically for the 4 Mobsters.

Or, lets flip my theory over, what if its trying to show that the perks haven't been put into the map yet, meaning that Grief takes place after MOTD, and whos in control of grief? Richtofen? Satan? No, Brutus, maybe after MOTD Brutus takes control like this thread explains how he is wanting to take control (viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31095) Maybe after MOTD Brutus takes control over 'His' Prison and has some fun but putting some guards and some prisoners in there and making them face off? Like Richtofen does with Farm and Town grief.

Feel free to speculate and please correct me if I'm wrong, any criticism is accepted, good or bad. I want to hear your thoughts on all of this!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to point something out about Brutus's idle animation.

I have seen George Romero do the exact same thing multiple times in Solo, always when I've died. He bats his electric light against his hand the exact same way you have described Brutus's idle animation. I always thought it was odd, because he never usually does it. Your reasoning about the animation not being used, but still left in the game, I think that fits George actually. The circumstances are similar in a sense.

With that said, I believe George's assets were used in creating Brutus. Basically just copying George over, but changed model, texture and sounds, just because they are very similar. They're both big, have a melee weapon, they run at you. I've heard that he even has the same scream as George, so that would fit the reused assets part.

Anyway, just something I wanted to point out that might explain the animation.

Not to mention the Astronaut on Moon dancing a jig.. They're just glitched out.

I think we're done. I do NOT think the tomahawk will have another upgrade, it's too powerful as it is. As for the perks at the dock, just a tease. Lighthouse? Inaccessible. Perhaps some no-clipping on the PC when available will tell us something.

(more elaborate version of my post)

Everyone always tries to extend the excitement of discovering things in a map by making things up. Even if not intentional, although that does happen, people will believe what they want to be true. The "electric Retriever"? It's simply a Retriever thrown at the same time as Electric Cherry / Afterlife. Lighthouse? Graphical quirk, one of MANY. Brutus's idle animation? Is that more special that a disco Astro-Zombie? The Perks? We weren't able to get PhD Flopper in Die Rise.

I think we are done, yes.

I'd like to mention that I think Grief Cell Block also takes place before the events of Mob of the Dead. In Grief, there is no sign or mention of the other four characters, just four random inmates and four random guards. It could be at this was the "first" outbreak, with the controller forcing the guards and inmates to face off against each other for their lives.

Now, where were our other four? Who knows? Perhaps they were in an untouched part of the prison. Like I said, this could have been the first outbreak, and there were places closed off. First lines of defence, maybe?

Anyway, the issue with the perks is that in Grief, there are perks missing (Juggernog and Electric Cherry) and there are perks that are only in Grief (PhD Flopper and Mule Kick), and all of these perks are in different places than they would normally be. My theory on this is that PhD and Mule Kick were "broken" and replaced with two other perks, those being Jug and Cherry.

/rant

I think we are done, yes.

I'd like to mention that I think Grief Cell Block also takes place before the events of Mob of the Dead. In Grief, there is no sign or mention of the other four characters, just four random inmates and four random guards. It could be at this was the "first" outbreak, with the controller forcing the guards and inmates to face off against each other for their lives.

Now, where were our other four? Who knows? Perhaps they were in an untouched part of the prison. Like I said, this could have been the first outbreak, and there were places closed off. First lines of defence, maybe?

Anyway, the issue with the perks is that in Grief, there are perks missing (Juggernog and Electric Cherry) and there are perks that are only in Grief (PhD Flopper and Mule Kick), and all of these perks are in different places than they would normally be. My theory on this is that PhD and Mule Kick were "broken" and replaced with two other perks, those being Jug and Cherry.

/rant

Flammenwerfer, the problem is that is that the four main characters built the Fan Trap and Acid Trap, as evidenced by the quotes said by the characters when they use them. In their suffering, they died over and over again, and in doing so they had an infinite amount of time to design those traps to make it easier to kill. Sal specifically says "Wait, did we build this?" and "This wasn't here yesterday." Since these things are present in Grief, Grief must've happened afterwards.

Concerning that part where Brutus was idle, I do remember seeing our wonderful astronaut on Moon "dancing" and not chasing after me. Then I threw a Gersch, and he moonwalked after me faster than otherwise.

So it's possible that Brutus has an idle pose.

Concerning that part where Brutus was idle, I do remember seeing our wonderful astronaut on Moon "dancing" and not chasing after me. Then I threw a Gersch, and he moonwalked after me faster than otherwise.

So it's possible that Brutus has an idle pose.

I had this ruin a game on Moon once... grr....

Anyways, yeah, I think that most things to DO have been discovered, might be a few little informational things not yet found but, who knows.

-Sacred

The only things we may find are little things such as reading the paper on the fround with a sniper.

The big EE is done, there is no more to it. There is more to the story, such as what's going on in the Wardens office, and the fact that I believe Brutus and Ferguson are in fact the same person.

also if you get a certain amount of kills with the VW a blue outline around the afterlife symbol shows up, I dont think this is a glitch because every game I get into I can react the same thing over and over. Also I think we are missing two other (EE) one because when you pick up the spoon in the cafe, you hear 101A blah blah then when you pick up the free blundergat you hear 872B which is two of the prisoners which shows we may need to do two other things. ALSO found out when using the Hells redeemer and retriever the tomahawk goes threw the ceiling but not the floor ex. one player is on the roof and you are near deadshot/hellhound and tomahawk zombies the tomahawk will kill zombies above you well thats my food for though any ideas?

Does anyone have any theories on the clocks throughout the map?

There's 2 in the Warden's office and 1 above the cafeteria entrance.

All 3 clocks are different times and it looks like someone wrote the military times under each number on the clock.

ex. 1:00 is 13:00

Above cafeteria entrance is 1:15:34-41seconds or 13:15:34-41

In Warden's office above Speed Cola is. 6:19:45secs. or 18:19:45

In Warden's office above box location is 12:01:12. or 24:01:12

Any thoughts?