M1911 Easter Egg / Glitch

Did a quick search on the Tranzit discussion and didn't find anything so . . . .

I was looking at You Tube this morning (as I do everyday) and came across this video. Did anyone else know about this / think this is genuine?

ZRwyjGZ7pIs

The title is pretty misleading as you're not really buying it (although in theory, if it's taking away all your points and guns as suggested then I guess you are buying it).

Thoughts/Comments/Anyone else tried it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is one of the greatest break throughs I've seen in a long time. This is beyond a glitch and I think needs to have everyone's attention. There are so many possibilities with this! Are you sacrificing points? Is this what we can use the bank money towards? Do we need to be doing something else at the same time or maybe use this as a step with things we've already done? Do you have to have specific weapons to satisfy?

There's some comments on the video saying it's a glitch because of the laughing. What is the definition of the richtofen laugh? If anything the laughs in MoTD show progress, do we feel the same with Tranzit? Personally I'm kinda erked by the maker of the video and his statement of keeping this quiet for a long time for no reason at all. This is some of the reasons why I feel the EE's are still out there. People don't share everything and we haven't tried it all obviously or we would have 5 threads about it on here. Kudo's for the find Nock.

Alright got some testing done and here some of the preliminary results:

- You must hit the action button and Grenade at the same time when facing the fridge as stated in the video. Slight delay may be needed but seemed pretty instant.
    4 laughs will be triggered. Upon which you will lose 25% of your original points for each laugh till you reach 0.

- Per laugh you will lose 1 gun including your fridge weapon which will pop up into your inventory before being taken. On the last laugh you are left with empty hands.

- You do not lose Claymores, Semtex, or purchased melee weapons.
    3 guns are required for the transaction to take place (tried several times with 2 gun, no luck so far)

-Similar weapons can not be used including PaP weapon versions. They must be 3 distinct weapons (report of being able to use the M1911 as one type, will confirm after watching videos)

-There is no round limit or point limit for activation. Also can be done multiple times in a game (Done on 2,5,10. Power was not a factor, have not tried doing it multiple times on one round)

Audio quote's are heard multiple times on each activation including one's I haven't heard before. I have several games and several activations to go through and to be honest hearing anything between the zombies and the laughing was difficult. I'll try to clean it up with volume tweaking and list the quotes heard

Mmm, this just seems like the Der Riese Pack-a-Punch 3 gun glitch all over again.

In WaW Der Riese, you put your gun in the PaP then buy a weapon, you then select bouncing betties just as you take your gun from the PaP & Wallah! You have 3 guns.

It's the same type of action/button sequence, it's nearly identical. Instead of the PaP it is the fridge. Treyarch have put a punishment hotfix to stop it. You now loose your points & your guns.

EDIT - video added to show the similarities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiivWYstqmc

Mmm, this just seems like the Der Riese Pack-a-Punch 3 gun glitch all over again.

In WaW Der Riese, you put your gun in the PaP then buy a weapon, you then select bouncing betties just as you take your gun from the PaP & Wallah! You have 3 guns.

It's the same type of action/button sequence, it's nearly identical. Instead of the PaP it is the fridge. Treyarch have put a punishment hotfix to stop it. You now loose your points & your guns.

EDIT - video added to show the similarities.

Hmm interesting, I see the similarities you're talking about. Different way's to approach this.

A. The fridge is a different entity, while the actions look the same the mechanics behind the fridge coding is different meaning this is something they did intentionally.

B. The fridge is a copy of the PaP machine coding, useful because it already takes your gun, coder can remove the timer and change the display of it but functions the same. They saw the previous glitches and decided to preempt this.

Whichever you choose there's really only one way to find out and that's with DieRise (only map with PaP machine near wall guns). If the same thing happens then it is a coded glitch response (why not just remove the glitch? Was it patched on the other map ever?). If the glitch doesn't work on DieRise or there's no laugh/penalty, then I would trend towards A.

Well not a lot of results but thought I would share what I have done so far. Audio so far isn't helpful, atleast on it being anything significant. With 3 characters (everyone but misty) they have not said anything till all weapons are removed and just makes an out of ammo comment.

As a side note I did try doing the trick on the PaP machine on die rise using the mp5 wall weapon. Attempted it 4 times with no luck and even went back to tranzit to retry and was able to do it correctly. If anyone wants to give it a shot that's done der riese then please post results so it can be confirmed.

Im with Pinnaz.. Old patched glitch.. Now they make you PAY for trying.. LOL

Have you tried out die rise as well? Look I really don't care if it's a patched glitch or the answers to all of our wtf questions with the tranzit ending. I just don't see why people post without spending 10 minutes researching. I value opinions but mostly when there based off of evidence.

If we can get this glitch to work on dierise then it's just that, a response to a glitch. Why would you patch a glitch one way on tranzit but dierise is non existent with the exact same machine (PaP) that the glitch was on for der riese? Doesn't make sense to not carry that over or have people spending even more time fixing something they already fixed if it's a glitch response.

I made a thread called "Losing guns and money" in Tranzit section in December about this and not 1 person responded. I'm glad it happened to someone else because I suck with computers and couldn't share the video.

Just went through your posts and found what you were talking about. The circumstances you described are different from this video. Can you try to recreate exactly what you did? From that post you stated nothing about the fridge so just trying to make certain what you are saying activated the laughing and the loss of all your stuff.

@ Kered

You might be interested in the thread below. It is a strange glitch that happened on Mob of the Dead. Kind of similar. There is also a comment of the same type of thing happening in Die Rise. 

Keep up the good work mate. I commend you for all of your testing.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=32050

Whilst playing a two player game, my friend and I encountered a serious issue. After a shout from Brutus (could not hear it properly, maybe you can) my friend accidentally went down, but he was down IN afterlife. After being picked up, he is in normal life, able to revive himself. He then gets a sound (which I think may be the same as when you get a lock in the mystery box) multiple times, each time losing a weapon and a fraction of his money. After losing his LSAT and Death Machine, He was given a pistol (I believe this is to counter being without a weapon, by not picking up a pack a punched weapon or what not) Only to find the pistol too got taken away and then replace by another.

Or you could simply watch it here for a better look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isK69xoxiNE (couldn't figure out the whole link thing so please just copy and paste :P)

I want to know if this has ever happened to anyone else, what caused it or anything you know about it.

I believe it was caused by him getting an afterlife as he went down (that's why he was down in afterlife) and that it had something to do with that?

Thank-you

-DOGGYZ7

On Die Rise, if you try to swap claymores for the Sliquifier, Richtofen will laugh and take away your weapons and money. You did something similar (something that you weren't supposed to do), that is just Treyarch fix ;)

Hmm, and by the way, the pistol getting away is really interesting, seems like you already have Mule Kick, but it is locked, maybe a glitch would work?

Im with Pinnaz.. Old patched glitch.. Now they make you PAY for trying.. LOL

Have you tried out die rise as well? Look I really don't care if it's a patched glitch or the answers to all of our wtf questions with the tranzit ending. I just don't see why people post without spending 10 minutes researching. I value opinions but mostly when there based off of evidence.

If we can get this glitch to work on dierise then it's just that, a response to a glitch. Why would you patch a glitch one way on tranzit but dierise is non existent with the exact same machine (PaP) that the glitch was on for der riese? Doesn't make sense to not carry that over or have people spending even more time fixing something they already fixed if it's a glitch response.

Perhaps YOU should try Die Rise, if you have doubts in what it is.

Perhaps YOU should try Die Rise, if you have doubts in what it is.

.... I did. Please read all of the post's fully if you're going to be negative or make a rude comment so it's atleast backed by something substantial. I'll admit I was rude and short with my response to your's but only because of frustration. I have tried multiple times on the PaP with no results (no fridge on dierise).

I was asking you or anyone else to test it out as well before posting to help contribute to the thread. If the sliquifer is true (unfortunately no vid) then I'm just baffled. Fridge only on Tranzit, Sliquifer only on DieRise and then Afterlife on MoTD. Again, unfortunately no video for DeadMike's experience with the lightning flash. When I get home I'll try out the sliquifer trick to see if I can get video confirmation.

What exactly are we saying this is for though? Just a random glitch response for random glitches? Is there some type of reoccurring theme between all of these?

So far after analyzing the MoTD video I can see that after the original 2 guns are removed he also has a m1911 with downed ammunition (8/16) but then it is taken and he is given the common "after response" of a m1911 with 8/32. With that it's 2 confirmed video evidence of a 3 gun glitch activating it, I'll post an update after I run some tests on the sliquifer later but either way I don't think I'll be able to recreate Deadmike's experience.

I think it's just as Pinnaz has suspected.. In WaW, they saw it happening. So instead of recoding the whole sequence, they simply added a few lines of codes to 'punish' you. Being the fridge and the PaP probably use much of the same coding, they have the same result. As for the afterlife glitch in MotD, that could be something different they used a similar patch on in an update or at the last of their testing when it was found. My whole point is, I do not believe it is easter egg related.

Wow, this one is certainly confusing! The only thing i don't understand is if it is a punishment, why is it so extreme?

For example, imagine you accidently activated this 'glitch' and lost two PaP weapons plus 10000+ points. You would be a very pee'd off. Glitches annoy everyone, especially if it ruins your game.

It makes no sense to punish a community that loves this game so dearly. But that is my opinion. I will experiment tonight and see if i can delve deeping into this

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Tech Admin

Gotta be said, great use of the forum & potentially the search functon - so kudos for that. I personally do not have a problem with someone bringing a 6 month, 12 month, 24, 36+ month old topic back to life. However, a 2 word response is post pumping in the greatest form.