Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Maps Thus Far?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't trying to mean that the map itself was small. Compared to mostly all others it's a huge map. To me it's just that I don't think you should be able to run the entire map in one round. For instance to get to the dock's and back should feel like a challenge that would take 2 or 3 round's of pushing so the survival aspect is more apparent then the collecting/building/upgrading/etc etc. By round 20 you've accomplished the 20 different task's and been back and forth to GG at least 3 times. After you've done it all your just left with cramped spaces and a million different way's people can screw you up.

My kinda thinking is more along the lines of Verrückt power switch where it took time to make your way or even Der Riese PaP when trying to activate the teleporters by yourself. Expand onto that (without the need to throw a tomahawk for 20 minutes straight) and I feel it wouldn't get so old so fast.

Lol I'll admit Tranzit had the exact opposite problem. But I still play it and don't see myself as dedicated to Motd when the other dlc's come out. One major problem might be the wall guns in Motd. I love them and the new box guns but besides the blundergat nothing is really worth wild past 20 and I would rather just stick with the mp5.

I think my list is different because I love the random perk maps. Anything that adds chance to a game makes for different strategies and drop of the hat decisions that preset games can't offer when replayed over and over.

5. Die Rise - It's a good map but I just lost interest and found it very boring after about 2 weeks of release. The EE reward is near pointless since we can get all perks from the boss rounds. Love the wall weapons though.

4. CotD - I don't like dealing with George and the fog. This is probably just bad luck for me but I get double slapped in early rounds almost always on this map too. However it has an amazing EE quest and EE song. Love A7X

3. Nacht Der Untoten - While it was the testing map sure, it is very small and just gets relatively boring quite easily.

2. FIVE - Nova 6 teleporters combined with cramped spaces and my least favourite zombies cast yet I just really don't like this map. Has an amazing WW though.

1. TranZit/Green Run - Lava, Avagadro, Denizens oh my! The PaP is very difficult to open in solo and tough to keep open when playing with randoms. The EE isn't very fun or enjoyable, doesn't really have much of a reward. 70% of the map is fog. Terrible Wunder Weapon. Takes forever to get set up.

5- Call of the Dead. A good idea but so much went wrong. George was a piece of **** and the fog was just annoying. The only good thing was the ending of the easter egg.

4- Five. It just wasn't done well enough. To be honest I don't know why I hate it but I just do. It's sort of like marmalade, you love it, or you wanna smash it.

3- Shi No Numa. I'm not a big fan of the whole swamp and jungle type of thing. It is sort of off putting. That's also why I hate...

2- Shangri-La. The easter egg broke my brain. The baby gun was good but there was so much wrong. I hated the spikes, the water area and how the PaP is only there for a few minutes or so.

1- Tranzit. By far it is the WORST. MAP. EVER! So much was expected. Such a huge map with nothing in it. So much disappointment. Not to mention the way you get PaP, the stupid Avagadro and the orange scheme. This map was just horrible.

5. Shi No Numa

Not a map that I specifically hate. It's actually a map that I rather like. But then again, I like all of them. The lack of PaP makes the replay factor very low. It's also annoying from recent experience to play with randoms - as most maps are.

4. Die Rise

Another fun map, but still one of the ones that I dislike. Too much waiting around for my liking. Things become repetitive in the sense of running through the same buildings to get to the roof to hold off.

3.Moon

It's a fun sounding map in theory, but since finally getting my Blops disk working again and getting to replay it, I realised why I hated it in the first place. The gravity can be a pain, the corridors, the lack of places to go, it all annoys me.

2. Shangri La

This was a map that I loathed when it first came out. The whole jungle setting, the features in the map, the fact that I NEEDED 4 players to do the EE all annoyed me. As of late, I began playing it solo and was sort of getting in to it. But over all, its not that great.

*Drumroll*

1.Tranzit

Probably could have guessed this as it's everybody's. The new characters suddenly given to us without any introductions, the fog, the bus, the Denizens, the EE, lack of wall guns in town... the list could go on forever

Just as a disclaimer, I really don't dislike any of these maps, but I can pick out some I care for less. (I'm not including Green Run survival maps, because no.)

5. Nacht Der Untoten. Basically the same reasoning as everyone else. Great map, but it's just been made bland by all the new developments zombies has seen since.

4. Die Rise. I like riding the elevators just as much as the next guy, but there's too much wrong with this map. The wonder weapon is too easy to get, the characters are annoying as ****, the minions don't even deserve to be called a "boss round," all Who's Who ever manages to do is get an extra down on your record, reviving teammates is annoying if not downright impossible, that elevator shaft will get you glitch downed more often than not, and on solo the map is just too easy.

3. Moon. I do like this map, but I just expected more out of it. I don't know why, the Easter Egg and No Man's Land was cool, but the excavators can be frustrating, reviving teammates is a quest and a half, most spots are way too easy to run, and the astronaut is the worst boss Treyarch has ever dreamed up. Plus, once you've done the easter egg and have your permanent perks, you're not dying until you decide to suicide.

2. Ascension. It just comes down to a matter of difficulty with this one. Nothing challenging about it, really. Overpowered wonder weapon, most ideal training spot ever, and easy boss rounds for consistent Max Ammos make this map a high rounder's dream. Believe me, when you try for a 100 on this map, whether you make it or not, you'll never wanna play it again.

1. TranZit. Biggest. Disappointment. EVER. I really have absolutely no clue what was running through the designers' heads when they made this one. If there is one zombies map that I actually dislike, or might even go so far as to say that I hate, it would be this one. It's a tug-of-war between ease and frustration, and it provides the worst of both worlds. On the side of ease, you have the ability to teleport to the bank on round 1 and immediately set yourself up to go to 50, the wide open spaces, and the biggest joke of a boss you've ever had to face. On the side of frustration, there's the absolute hopelessness when your teammate goes down on the other side of the Earth, the fact that if you lose Jugg, you'll probably never get it back, the frustrating to build "wonder weapon" that blows as much as it sucks, the most annoying characters the world has ever had the misfortune of meeting, and the inability to Pack-a-Punch because your one living zombie has a death fetish. Normally I like when the zombies team tries to do something outrageously different. This is not one of those times.

Also, if ya'll could stop hating on Shangri-La (the GREATEST map ever) that would be great, theenks ;)

5. TranZit

This map, I actually really like. The side quest WAS unique, with us doing things for 1 of 2 sides. The map in my opinion is enjoyable to play, the lava gives it a new feel and playing style, that you have to watch out for something else other then zombies. However. The community's response to the map is it's downfall. With everyone 'slagging' it off and disliking features about the map do make the map un-enjoyable. MY RATING - 8/10

4. Call Of The Dead

CotD is not a enjoyable map. The easteregg is boring. George is stupid. And there is no way to go for high rounds on it. There are so many training areas on this map, but the lack of POWERFUL weapons makes it pointless to try. The fog is stupid and I really don't like it. However, if a friend wants me to play it with them, I will... although annoying it is playable. MY RATING - 5.5/10

3. Nacht Der Untoten

This map was the beginning of zombies. For that... I thank it. Yet, it is so boring. The map is tiny. It has no perks. No good weaponry. And is really no fun to play. I can not enjoy the map in any way. MY RATING - 2.5/10

2. Dead ops Arcade

This "thing" is just stupid. Nuff said. It makes for good 10 second games because of utter boredom. MY RATING - 0.5/10

1. FIVE

NO. Treyarch. WTF. Did the zombies team have a brake when making this map and leave it up to 5 year olds to do it? Seriously. The map sucks. There's nothing good about it. I never look at the map, not to mention go on it. Seriously. The map is the biggest mistake since religion. MY RATING - -3/10

5. Moon

I hate being forced to have this agenda when playing. When I play Zombies, I don't play to hack excavators or trap astronauts in tunnels. No. That's lame. I like the concept, the zero-G, the Wave Gun, that stuff, but the aforementioned annoyances as well as the fact that the most important perk in the game (Juggernog) spawns outside of the map makes it far down on my list. Rating: 6/10

4. Ascension

Simply put, this map is far too easy. I mean, it's an easy high round, of course, but that's why I don't like it. Well, that and the monkeys. Rating: 5/10

3. Shi No Numa

I have tried, in vain, to find a way to make this map fast for high rounds. It is not possible. I hate the water; I hate the aesthetics; I hate its speed. At least it has dog rounds (and a Wunderwaffle). Rating: 5/10

2. Nuketown

You can get Jug on round 3 or round 19. Pointless doors for dayz. False advertising on Treyarch's part. The rest of the map wasn't opened up. Unbearable monotonous past round 30. I feel legitimately angry playing this map. Rating: 2/10

1. Green Run/Tranzit

In all honesty, I would've rather had no zombies at all when the game first came out. An absolutely atrocious map whose only saving grace for me was the Jet Gun burst method (which they patched). Treyarch's fetish for buildables on this map made setting up, which would've taken about 15 minutes, into a half-hour long ordeal. Denizens are bullshit. Lava is bullshit. The Jet Gun is bullshit. The 80% fog, 20% playable area is bullshit. This entire map is an embarrassment to Zombies. I'm glad my thread got deleted. Rating: 0/10

I loved shangri la! Spikemores, fun Easter egg, shrink ray-gun, DEFFINANTLY one of the top 3 zombie songs, very challenging!

Five I liked less... But I feel it didn't get any fun until you turned on the power, once you hit that switch the whole map became a fun breeze! Freeze ray(worked better on veruct bo version), buildable trap, O.k. Song, excellent characters, and I really loved how you got to come here after beating the campagin!

Oh and lets not forget some of the greatest quotes in the history of zombies.... (Not THE best but deffinatly in the top 50)

-Zombies... In times like this it is important that we deteriorate all forms of aggression.... Gentlemen... Let's lock and load!

-Do not pray for easier lives my freinds, pray to be, stronger men...

-Sounds like someone's breaking in!

-Damn hippies took my amo!

-And why is HE here? HE LOST!

- It appears the pentagon has been breached...

I loved shangri la! Spikemores, fun Easter egg, shrink ray-gun, DEFFINANTLY one of the top 3 zombie songs, very challenging!

Five I liked less... But I feel it didn't get any fun until you turned on the power, once you hit that switch the whole map became a fun breeze! Freeze ray(worked better on veruct bo version), buildable trap, O.k. Song, excellent characters, and I really loved how you got to come here after beating the campagin!

Oh and lets not forget some of the greatest quotes in the history of zombies.... (Not THE best but deffinatly in the top 50)

-Zombies... In times like this it is important that we deteriorate all forms of aggression.... Gentlemen... Let's lock and load!

-Do not pray for easier lives my freinds, pray to be, stronger men...

-Sounds like someone's breaking in!

-Damn hippies took my amo!

-And why is HE here? HE LOST!

- It appears the pentagon has been breached...

I'm an idealist... with a sniper rifle.

MEAT... is an anagram for "team".

Well... I'll give two lists. The first is a bit of a cop-out...

5. Five

4. Town Survival

3. Farm Survival

2. Bus Depot Survival

1. Green Run TranZit

I don't like anything about Green Run or the survival maps. They all just bore me.

BUT, if I were to group it all into Green Run as number one... Then it would get tough. The only map other than the Green Run monstrosity I dislike is Five. I love the visuals and the design behind the map... I just don't like anything else :lol:

So the less cop-out list.. Again, I actually like the first three, I only dislike Green Run and Five.

5. Nacht Der Untoten (I love the map, it's just not as fun)

4. Shangri La (Bad memories, that is all :lol: )

3. Nuketown (Disappointing, fun, but lacked that something special)

2. Five (Don't like it. Just... Urgh...)

1. Green Run (Burn it until it dies.)

-Jolteon