Was Die Rise just a filler for MOTD?

Hey Guys, recently I've been playing alot of die rise since MOTD isn't out on PS3 yet and I was on solo. I realised how much of a disadvantage getting who's who was when you had quick revive, I'd always get downed in who's who when I could've just got revived by my quick revive on solo.

This got me thinking, why would treyarc make such a useless perk, its original maybe thats why, something we've never seen befo...Wait a second. Who's who is just a prototype of the afterlife in MOTD. So then I started thinking if Who's who is just a prototype of the Afterlife then they must have been in production at the same time. This would explain why MOTD has so much content compared to Die Rise, and why Die Rise feels so bland, because they needed to fill the development gap between Tranzit and MOTD.

Maybe Who's who was a clue for MOTD and it went straight over our heads.

But if what I'm saying is right this could mean something else, I was listening to the Podcast Der Toten and they were talking about the possibility of the very last map being made by the campaign devs. Maybe the last map will be in development as soon as the next map is in development, meaning the last map could be in development right at this moment.

Mob of the dead still has content we haven't discovered so if this is true we have to prepare for one hell of a last map. So what do you think, was Who's who taken straight out of MOTD and put in to Die Rise as a filler or was it a clue for the next map to come, or was Who's who just inspiration for the Afterlife?

Sorry for the terrible wording and lack of colours and nice font layout and such, I'm really tired at the time I'm writing this. Thanks for reading!

#PodcastDerToten

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MoTD doesnt look like it has nothing to do with the original or new storyline, if you ask me MoTD is the filler.

Afterlife

i think they were slowly introducing a new way to go down and be able to keep you stuff and get yourself (probably for the whinners who dont like loosing perks)

Afetrlife is the best thing for the game at the moment. It allows for someone to go down and not rely on stupid teammates. A lot less rage quitters and if whos who wasnt so difficult to revive yourself (if there were no glitches that would also help) it would have been just as good. I hated people that used tombstone honestly. Well i hated the people that got it and as soon as they went down they kill themselves and then made you run across the map so you can make them spawn next to it if you were white.

But to get back to your topic, i dont think it was just a filler map. With the story that it had and new vertical gameplay i think it was a great addition to the game

But to get back to your topic, i dont think it was just a filler map. With the story that it had and new vertical gameplay i think it was a great addition to the game

Completely agree with this. All maps have some purpose imo. Not only that, but I liked Die Rise WAAAAY better then Green Run/Tranzit.

Completely agree with this. All maps have some purpose imo. Not only that, but I liked Die Rise WAAAAY better then Green Run/Tranzit.

well yea, i didnt mean like it was just a pointless filler. fillers usually shine a light on to sum unanswered question or are a flashback to show how things began (not sayin this explains where zombies came from) MoTD was informational

I don't think Die Rise itself was a filler map. It was a fun (albeit boring near the end of its lifespan) map, and it had its purposes story-wise.

However, I do think Who's Who was a sort of "prototype" for Afterlife mode itself. They're both pretty similar, and I don't think we'll see Who's Who in another map.

Also, nice hashtag. ;)

well yea, i didnt mean like it was just a pointless filler. fillers usually shine a light on to sum unanswered question or are a flashback to show how things began (not sayin this explains where zombies came from) MoTD was informational

Aye. I don't think it was tying up loose ends like you're saying. I do think MotD is though, or rather, giving us more info on what lies in the Aether.

-Sacred

There has been a way to get your perks and guns back in every map so far, who's who was likely there to eliminate tombstone for being exploited again to gain all perks...

Agreed, and I think that afterlife was there to eliminate who's who due to the obvious faults that it had. So what faults need fixing with afterlife ;). I'm joking though I don't think that there will be any more afterlife/who's who/tombstone style thing