Strange Happening in the Showers

I was playing a game with Lithium tonight and we discovered something...strange. It was round 4, and we had one zombie left. We decided "Hey, let's get the clothes from the washer." seeing as how it was such a low round.

What we expected was a horde of zombies. Instead, we only got Brutus. It was pretty strange; we've never had that happen before.

Has this happened to any of you guys?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing a game with Lithium tonight and we discovered something...strange. It was round 4, and we had one zombie left. We decided "Hey, let's get the clothes from the washer." seeing as how it was such a low round.

What we expected was a horde of zombies. Instead, we only got Brutus. It was pretty strange; we've never had that happen before.

Many times. The first time I did this I actually got Brutus to spawn. It seems to be a rare occurrence. But it can and has happened before

It happens to me a lot in custom games.

I hate when it happens because you make more point$ killin freaks!

I rather enjoyed it. We only had M14's at the time so it was a blessing in disguise. :lol:

Lol yeah,

Just about every time that happens, all i have is M14...

Some times ill get the mp5 before goin down there just to be on the safe side if im on custom games.

Were you guys on custom?

Yeah, I've had him spawn a lot. Recently, after playing a lot of solo I was playing a 2-player game and decided to spawn in the horde on round 1 like I always do solo... but we got Brutus instead. Never had him spawn during the first round on solo, but in co-op got him right off the bat and we both only had pistols. I ended up knifing him about 15 times before giving up and running to get the M-14.

this actually happened to me last night. What round was it? I believe a Brutus will spawn in the showers if you hit the laundry before round 5 - but not totally sure...

If I were a betting man, I'd have to agree with you. Just makes it easier for the players with M14's and M1911's. ;)

this actually happened to me last night. What round was it? I believe a Brutus will spawn in the showers if you hit the laundry before round 5 - but not totally sure...

Well when I play solo, I always hit the laundry room for the clothes on round 1 or 2 (big thanks to perfectlemonade for the suggestion. Nothing better than racking up 10k points on round 1!), but I've never had Brutus spawn from activating it. The earliest I've seen Brutus was round 4, and I assumed it was because I had started the steps for getting the Hell's Retriever.

Does this happen in both Solo and Co Op? Or is it just on Co Op?

Well when I play solo, I always hit the laundry room for the clothes on round 1 or 2 (big thanks to perfectlemonade for the suggestion. Nothing better than racking up 10k points on round 1!), but I've never had Brutus spawn from activating it. The earliest I've seen Brutus was round 4, and I assumed it was because I had started the steps for getting the Hell's Retriever.

Well, judging from what you said, it seems that this is co-op only.

Well, judging from what you said, it seems that this is co-op only.

I've had it happen in Solo, if it was Co-op only I probably wouldn't know about it :P

This happened to me while playing with 3randoms I was trying to use the laundry/shower room strategy where u can get a mess of points by hitting both double points one in the 1st room the 2nd near the cafeteria. Long story short we turn on the washing machine at round one when all of a sudden ROAAARRRR here comes Brutus.

Yeah, it can on occasion spawn a Brutus as opposed to the 24 zombies. Good if you are playing a CO-OP match, but blows if you are planning a points haul on solo.

Either way, I have had it happen a fair few times.