hell's redeemer help?

I'm starting to get angry.

I follow step by step from videos but, the game gives me no sign, sound or anything even if I stay several rounds. Nno shots fired either.

I got an achievement for staying past rd 15. I'll only throw my weapon. I'll go a few rounds killing more then 30guys. The pit never accepts my weapon.

I'm getting pissed. I end up at rd 29 before dying. Pissed to they don't give us flopper or put it in gay grief.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done the same thing and can't get it to work either. Am I supposed to do an entire round on the bridge including killing the last zombie I save? If so then what? Just take the chair back while a new round starts? Then I feel like I'd get trapped once I teleport back to the spawn.

• Administrators

I like to obtain the Hell's Retriever before Round 15 just to be safe. I'll keep the last zombie until I reach the Golden Gate Bridge, then kill him with it. Then, I only use the Hell's Retriever for all my kills (including Brutus) for two whole rounds.

Once I've been past 2+ rounds using nothing but the tomahawk, I'll go back to Alcatraz. Go as if you were headed to the Warden's Office, but go underneath the stairway on your way down. If you look at the cells, you'll notice that one of them is not a cell, but just some tables and debris. Across from it you'll see the portal (looks like swirling lava). Charge you Hell's Retriever and chuck it in. If your tomahawk icon keeps flashing but never returns, you've done it correctly.

I can never seem to get it to work until my second visit to the bridge. Maybe it has to do with round number, I'm not sure. Last game I was playing solo, went to the bridge at the end of round 7 with 1 zombie left. Killed the boss and the zombie with the retriever. Played through rounds 8 and 9 with only the retriever, firing no rounds, no grenades, and no claymores at all. Came back at the end of 10 and it wouldn't work. Went back on round 15, ran just one round with the retriever, and when I killed the last zombie of the round I heard the sound effect (some say that sound effect has nothing to do with it, but it my experience it always does). Came back at the end of the next round and threw it in the pit no problem.

You have to get kills with the retriever before doing the entire round on the bridge. I'd say it's about 30 to 40, and yes, you can mix shooting and throwing (I think some people are confusing steps) but you'll hear the afterlife sound (the screech) indicating you can do the round on the bridge.

I usually do this in the cafeteria around 11, but you CAN do this on the bridge. Once you've heard the sound, you must start a new round on the bridge and use only the retriever.

"Round started while we were on the plane?"

Not gonna work. You must start and end the round on the bridge. Upon completion of the entire round on the bridge, using only the retriever, you'll hear the afterlife sound indicating you can now throw it in the pit of fire.

After throwing it in the pit, you must wait until the next round starts. Go into afterlife and the Redeemer will be waiting for you.

So again:

Get retriever

Kill 30-40 zombies (hear sound)

do ENTIRE round on bridge (hear sound)

Throw into pit (hear sound)

wait until new round starts

Pick up redeemer