Character Dialogue While Down

So when the characters are down you can hear quite a deep conversation they have with themselves that seems to touch on their life, regrets, decisions and an overall self-reflective feel to the dialogue. Just wanted to see if anyone has noticed anything in particular that they discuss or state that may have some significance or that stuck out to you? And generally what do you think is happening while they are in this state and why the sudden change in emotional state? It seems as if in life they refuse to admit wrong doing and are unwilling to repent or even serve out the sentence that has been imposed on them. On the way to the afterlife however, it seems they see themselves for what they really are... monsters.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Afterlife, but I know that sometimes when a character goes down he will give a long spiel. It seems to be location-based, as if the game knew you were going to die.

Yeah I've only heard it when you're actually down without any afterlives left. Then they start story telling haha.

Yesh, I was wondering when someone would touch up on this. NGT recorded the audio if you'd like to listen. It's very cool, and Weasel says some seriously interesting things that may effect the storyline.

cFl5taExPzk

A few things I'd like to point out:

-All of the characters speak to themselves in the second person.

-Finn actually loved his wife, but he knows it's his stupidity that got them in Alcatraz.

-Sal feels bad for snaking his way into power, and speaks of greed like he knows it well. He thinks of the empire he built outside of Alcatraz, and how all the bad things he'd done for power was all for nothing in the long run.

-Billy talks about his dad in such a way that sounds like he must've died. He said "He worked hard just to get food on the table, thinking he was the only one bringing food into the house. But it had to end sometime." Maybe he killed his father as a child? And maybe he had to do some illegal work as a kid?

-Weasel calls himself "Albert" not "Arthur." Weasel must have told the others that he had some skills that he didn't really have. He was there for working with the money, and must've been smart. Perhaps he was a scientist, as he says "they could've used my expertise."

-He also talks about how he knows the others were going to find out "he was behind it." Perhaps this means that Weasel is the reason the zombies appear and the characters are being trapped in the cycle by Lucifer in the first place. Maybe he sold their souls to Lucifer, and was anticipating the others figuring it out?

-I feel like the dialogue really opened up the characters to me. Finn isn't just a hard a**. He cheated his money back outside, and knows it was wrong. Sal isn't just a mob boss. He's a man that got greedy, and now knows the effects personally. Billy isn't just some cheap murderer. He was a boy with a traumatized childhood. He had to work as a kid. And Weasel isn't just a money handler. He's a genius, but he has made a choice that has landed all of them in a personal hell. These traits are the ones that by Christianity would land a personal not in heaven, nor hell, but purgatory. (get it?)