Ranks are the ruin of zombies

• Administrators

I disagree. Those people are arrogant but they are anything BUT the best player. They aren't even close. They're adequate. No better than regular skulls. The only thing they do is save themselves and not revive, generally speaking.

On my secondary account, I have shotguns. I don't consider myself to be an arrogant player; in fact, that account is strictly used for Grief. ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Those people are arrogant but they are anything BUT the best player. They aren't even close. They're adequate. No better than regular skulls. The only thing they do is save themselves and not revive, generally speaking.

On my secondary account, I have shotguns. I don't consider myself to be an arrogant player; in fact, that account is strictly used for Grief. ;)

and this pretty much directly refutes Jimmy Z's tweet that stated only survival and classic contribute to rank...

i dont think he even know how the hell the system works lol

I personally couldn't care any less about rank, than I do at the present moment. I'm a stunning looking skull with gorgeous blue eyes and some decorative wooden frame behind my head. Anything else added to my looks could have woman running after me...it's hard enough to keep them away now....have I mentioned my BLAZINGLY beautiful blue eyes?

and this pretty much directly refutes Jimmy Z's tweet that stated only survival and classic contribute to rank...

i dont think he even know how the hell the system works lol

well they are constantly changing things up. so yea he could have gotten the shotties and now there is a change so he gets to keep them

I both like the rank and don't like it, but I'm leaning more to not liking it at the moment.

Right now, I usually don't play with randoms (unless I have an hour or just a 'whatever' game) because most of them do rage quit because they went down and I wasn't able to pick them up (which 90% of the time I do). Instead of staying and trying to get back in, they worry about losing their rank or care about the amount of downs they get. Also, I've seen and heard many people glitching to get their ranks and they don't or can't get out of it to help the team when someone goes down.

Like people have mentioned, when playing with randoms, we should be able to see their stats without adding them. That would be nice Treyarch.

Then Black ops 2 came along. First of all no-one knew how the ranks worked, but just knew that they were there. Then they realised it was a kill to down system. Then the ragequitters came. They knew that if they lost perks then they were likely to die again so they quit , due to downs stopping them from getting their precious shotgun rank. Ranks have also segregated the community, making it so that knives refused to play with skulls , skulls refused to play with bones and shotguns refused to play with anyone. This makes it almost impossible to find a game. I have been playing zombies all afternoon and I must have gone through 250 different lobbies just to play about 20 games. And when I do find a game they ragequit 85% of the time, therefore causing the game to be null and void.

The ranks themselves are meaningless because I, personally think that a good zombies player isn't someone who can stay up and running , but someone who knows how to revive and be courteous towards others.

Gone are the days were I could sit down, put my mic on and slay some zombies with some good, friendly, honest, people with good team working skills. Nowadays I barely put on my mic, because of some little kid shouting new swears he learnt from school that day, just because I had "stole" the box from him.

I can agree with some of what you said but not everything really because i have seen ppl rage quit as soon as they take a down as early as round 2-3(on waw and Bo1) with no weapons or perks.Some ppl are just quitters and that will never change and its usually the guy in the lobby telling everyone else YOU BETTER NOT RAGE QUIT who ends up going down next thing you know...Migrating Host. Speaking as someone who has had shotguns since 2weeks after getting the game i can assure you not all shotgun players quit as soon as they go down or bleed out. I believe just as many players with skulls quit just as much as shotgun ranks it just depends on the person. Last I wont even switch on my mic if i hear a kid who sounds 12or under same with someone who's gonna try to tell me how to play the game while in a lobby.

I admit i have quit out on games before round 3 when playing with complete randoms but am I really hurting anyone? This couple occurences have been with complete randoms or when playing with the occasional pothead(we all know they exist, they come about almost as often as the little kids)

but if its even after round 5 i will not quit

I admit i have quit out on games before round 3 when playing with complete randoms but am I really hurting anyone? This couple occurences have been with complete randoms or when playing with the occasional pothead(we all know they exist, they come about almost as often as the little kids)

but if its even after round 5 i will not quit

Well that's an issue of the lesser of the evils. It is bad to quit. But if you're going to quit, it is better to quit early rather than late.

kind of off topic, but I HATE when someone starts talking in the pregame lobby and as soon as the game starts up you don't hear from them again. that might lead me to quit in the first couple rounds. because someone not talking ruins the game. I also HATE it when someone can't say, oh crap my window is over ran, time to head out or I can't handle my window. Its a simple thing to say and it avoids my down because I'm focusing on my own window. This also sucks if we are trying to hold off trample steam room and people just sit there and let zombies come up and swipe my back. like for real man you can't say watch out? Im good enough to play if i expect there to be a zombie behind me, but when I think a random will kill him I don't "duck and weave" like im supposed to. Just like multiplayer when i see that random green triangle looking straight at where an enemy is I expect him to kill him so I don't waste my time worrying over that guy, but it gets me killed every time. obviously I don't leave because I spent 30 mins looking for the ok zombie players, but if they piss me off extremely before round 5 and Im playing with just a random game then Il leave.

I found out the other day that once your rank is skull it never drops below that no matter how long you don't get online...

But still I hate the new layout for zombie's: ranks should NOT be there, they are NO help at all... All they do is make it so people leave when they see your rank, despite your actuall skill...

I liked it how it was in black ops: You had lobby leaderboards and you could check that to the players that showed their stats, clean and simple... We also had PRIVATE matches... God I wish those were back: And just so we're clear, they are NOT the same as custom games... Private matches still counted towards your leaderboards and people couldn't join mid-game.... Great for people who don't have the best connection...

Why they removed that option I will never understand...

I found out the other day that once your rank is skull it never drops below that no matter how long you don't get online...

But still I hate the new layout for zombie's: ranks should NOT be there, they are NO help at all... All they do is make it so people leave when they see your rank, despite your actuall skill...

I liked it how it was in black ops: You had lobby leaderboards and you could check that to the players that showed their stats, clean and simple... We also had PRIVATE matches... God I wish those were back: And just so we're clear, they are NOT the same as custom games... Private matches still counted towards your leaderboards and people couldn't join mid-game.... Great for people who don't have the best connection...

Why they removed that option I will never understand...

Amen.

Legit, the only games I will ever play a random Shotgun in, is Grief and sometimes Turned if I'm lucky for them to play it.

All other modes, they will back out 3 seconds after joining the lobby. And repeat. They keep joining and backing out of the same lobby till thankfully someone else joins the lobby and stays.

If I join a 3 Shotgun lobby, I back out right away. Just because I KNOW they will back out if I stay.

I'm not saying all Shotguns do that, but just 95% of the one's I've encountered are like that.

Custom Matches should just count if no settings have been changed. It's exactly the same as Public Lobby but just under a different name. :roll:

I know I read recently on Twitter that they confirmed it was an issue (I think it was ACTIAssist, not sure). But that's it. Regardless, it's a bit to late if it is ever fixed.

I have the shotgun rank, and even I can't get into a game with other players with shotguns. I see them occasionally in the lobby, but they either back out after about 5-10 seconds or they quit before the game has even started. I don't understand the point, I prefer to play with lower rank players now because they are sometimes surprisingly good and are less likely to rage quit, as they have nothing to lose, or if they are bad then I can get a load of revives! Plus it's much more fun reaching round 18+ with weaker players than it is to train constantly for 30+ rounds. By the time I get to 25 on multiplayer I'm bored anyway so once I reach that I am just waiting for everyone to die so I can end the game.

@murdah4Hire yeah I agree that it's not just shotgunners but it seems to be mostly them.

@stop mocking me0. Agreed. Don't fix it if its not broken.

@TheBSZombie. But why should we have to. Surely people that just want to play for fun and high rounds can, without ragequitters and the like. Plus as I have done if you have played anough games and then realise that it's pretty much too late to change your rank, then what are you supposed to do. Your stuck with ragequitters and mostly obnoxious Shotgunners

@schittus_d Shotgunners don't like playing with shotgunners either! Who do they want to play with then? Treyarch employees maybe :)

@murdah4Hire yeah I agree that it's not just shotgunners but it seems to be mostly them.

@TheBSZombie. But why should we have to. Surely people that just want to play for fun and high rounds can, without ragequitters and the like. Plus as I have done if you have played anough games and then realise that it's pretty much too late to change your rank, then what are you supposed to do. Your stuck with ragequitters and mostly obnoxious Shotgunners

@schittus_d Shotgunners don't like playing with shotgunners either! Who do they want to play with then? Treyarch employees maybe :)

Its never to late to get the knife. Its soooo easy

all i have to say is get a knife. its not hard AT ALLL. the skill level difference between a knife and a shotgun is huge. But knifes still make you look good.

I am a knife and am better than most shotgunners on my friends list and have much higher rounds recorded than most of them too.

Having shotguns does not necessarily make you better than a knife. To assume we would make you look good is arrogant and laughable.

I also have higher rounds recorded than you aswell.

Its never to late to get the knife. Its soooo easy

The more games that you play the harder it gets to change you Kill/downs ratio. Think of it this way , If I had a 100:1 kd ratio then it would be a number of 100 and to make it go up by 1 unit then all you need to get is one kill. But if I have a 10000:100 the the ratio would still be 100 units, but to raise the units by 1 would mean you having to get 100 more kills. Now imagine if I had even more kills and deaths. It would be even harder. It's the same thing with multiplayer a kd ratio, which is why I've been stuck on 1.84 for the last 2 months.

@Briggz, I saw you talking about K/D and how tough it is to maintain. I can almost guarantee you it is not just K/D that helps you keep your rank. Of course it is one of the criteria but it can be adjusted by improving your other stats.

Doing good in every game and helping team mates is the key along with keeping solo stats up. My K/D is not very good at the moment But I somehow still have shotguns on ps3.

@Briggz, I saw you talking about K/D and how tough it is to maintain. I can almost guarantee you it is not just K/D that helps you keep your rank. Of course it is one of the criteria but it can be adjusted by improving your other stats.

Doing good in every game and helping team mates is the key along with keeping solo stats up. My K/D is not very good at the moment But I somehow still have shotguns on ps3.

I am the same as Briggz though, and know what he means. I spent the first 2 month of Tranzit searching the map, barely ever making it past round 10 due to endless searches for an elusive next step.

At the beginning of January, I gave up and decided to play for rounds. I had already amassed 1200 downs.

Now, I only really play for rounds, and have played brilliantly since, going from 40,000 kills and 1200 downs, to 345,000 kills and 2007 downs.

I tested a consecutive series of high round games out and made it 12 games in a row to round 40+.

I still only have a K/D off around 150, despite registering some pretty decent high rounds across the board.

Still no Shotguns!?!

I hope you are right with that one. ;)

By the way has anyone ever actually dropped a rank? Or know somebody that has dropped?

• Administrators

By the way has anyone ever actually dropped a rank? Or know somebody that has dropped?

I have with my secondary account. I must've played at least 4 Grief matches where I went down over 5 times per game. By the end of the last match, I went from Shotguns back down to the Knife. I saw it immediately and played vivaciously the next match with 0 downs but over 500 kills. I went straight back up to Shotguns. All this while I retained a 200+ K/D. I didn't go below it at all.

I have with my secondary account. I must've played at least 4 Grief matches where I went down over 5 times per game. By the end of the last match, I went from Shotguns back down to the Knife. I saw it immediately and played vivaciously the next match with 0 downs but over 500 kills. I went straight back up to Shotguns. All this while I retained a 200+ K/D. I didn't go below it at all.

Ah ok thanks, so this proves that either the kd ratio needed is above 200 , or way is right and it is based on other things. I'm rooting for the latter.

Please don't insult me by saying that it is easy to get a certain rank. And it's not just me you're insulting. You may find it easy to go up or down, but that is not true for anyone. Get me your typical knife or shotgun ranked player and watch me, a skull, wipe the floor with him.

And for the record, having two accounts so one can be for fun and one for prestige is just stupid. A ranking system that encourages that. Is just stupid.

• Administrators

And for the record, having two accounts so one can be for fun and one for prestige is just stupid. A ranking system that encourages that. Is just stupid.

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I had one as a result of running out of Gold for a month. Once I was able to pay for my online, I switched back to my main account. I play Grief the exact same way I play it now; dirty, but very aggressive.

But yes; if you make another account primarily to only have shotguns, then you are not playing up to par like you should.