Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jolteon

The Official Codz Youtube Thread

33k5bhz.jpg

The Official CoDz YouTube Thread: Stage One

Hello CoDz members. This is Dark Jolteon here, finally coming forward and revealing Stage One of the YouTube Masterplan. As you may all know, myself and GRILL have recently been in contact with the Forum owner, Strwrsbob, in regards to completely rebooting the CoDz YouTube channel. GRILL recently posted a thread collecting support from you guys, the CoDz members, and without you none of this would have been possible; and on behalf of GRILL and myself, thank you all. Thanks to all of you that supported us, we can now reveal that Strwrsbob has given us permission to proceed with our Masterplan to reboot the CoDz YouTube, and in the coming weeks the channel will once again return to activity.

However, we do not wish to do this alone. We want YOU. More on this later. For now, let me move on to introduce you all to your CoDz YouTube Staff Members, and explain to you what the roles of the staff members will be.

Your CoDz YouTube Staff

YouTube Administrators: The CoDz Forum Staff

The role of Administrator will be filled by the members of the CoDz staffing team. Effectively, the role of the Administrators will be to watch over the channel and make sure everything is kept in check. They will also be the people that actually upload the videos to the channel. Their thoughts and opinions will be greatly valued and the experience that many of the Staff have will come in very useful I’m sure.

YouTube Moderator: DarkJolteon

A few people suggested that I take charge of the project. When this was proposed by GRILL the idea was met with a lot of support and approval. CoDz called for me to lead this project and I am answering that call.

My role in the channel is well… The biggest. I’m running the show. I will be fulfilling all of the roles that you would expect of a Moderator:

- Upkeep of the channel
- Social interaction
- Monitoring of content
- Monitoring of the comments section/ Private Messages etc.
- Communicating between the channel and the Forum
- I will be in charge of monitoring the community feedback
- Assigning specific roles to individuals
- Judgement of submitted content (more on this later)
- Appointment of Staff
- Pretty much running the channel (other than uploads)
- Making content where necessary
- Commentaries referencing any channel updates

YouTube Moderator: | GRILL | & Ehjookayted

However, I cannot do all of this alone; and so I would like to introduce you all to my right hand men. The men who made all of this possible. Their role on the channel will basically be assisting me with everything listed above, as well as other things. These men of course are GRILL and Ehjookayted.

YouTube Dwellers: Way2g00, Choppernator, MixMasterNut, PerfectLemonade, Flammenwerfer, Rissole25, PINNAZ

The next group of roles are the Elite Directors, or Dwellers of the YouTube channel. These have been personally chosen by myself and GRILL, and will effectively be the people we can rely on for top quality content. We will also confer with them whenever we wish to discuss the channel and any changes. There is still the potential for others to be included into the elite group, however before being considered for the role of an Elite Director you must of course prove you are worthy.

YouTube Directors: YOU!

How can you be a Director?
Anyone can submit content for the channel. Once you have submitted the content, myself, GRILL and the rest of the YouTube Staff will take a look through your video and decide whether it is of a high enough standard to have the honour of being uploaded to the CoDz YouTube channel. If you are unsuccessful, we will send you a message with what you need to improve in order to get onto the channel.
However, if you send in regular content that is often of a high standard, you may potentially be eligible for the role of a Director. Directors effectively are considered as Staff of the channel. Their role will be to regularly submit content to the channel and effectively become a reliable source of content.

We are also looking for Lead Directors to undertake a specific role. Whether that be a Director of strategy, theories, Easter Eggs or whatever else, we are looking for lead directors to basically regularly submit content under their particular section. The sections are:

- Strategy
- High rounds
- Walkthrough
- Easter Eggs (achievement & map based)
- Theories
- Engaging commentaries
- Creative content (fan-made trailers, music video, etc.)
- Challenges
- …

(If you have any other suggestions we are completely open to listening)

Rules and Restrictions for Directors

- ALL videos must abide by the CoDz Code of Conduct.

- NO copied videos. All content other than guides etc. MUST be original. This means ANY content creator on YouTube.

- Videos MUST be exclusive; This means the Director cannot put the same video or a very similar video onto their own channel, or submit a video already on their channel.

- NO breaking copyright laws.

- Videos MUST be in HD 720p AT LEAST.

- Audio MUST be clear and understandable. No background noise or audio spikes.
- Directors are allowed to give a small shout out to their channel at the end of the video. This should be short and concise and should only happen once in the video. A link to the channel may also be placed in the description of the video. No advertising other channels; only that of the Directors.

- Lastly, HAVE FUN! I know that’s a lot of rules, but none of them are particularly difficult to follow, and I really hope you guys enjoy making content for the channel!

CODZ YOUTUBE MASTER ASSIGNMENT LIST

So initially, we had a long task list to complete covering all aspects of Black Ops II. However, since Black Ops II has long since ended its Zombies run, we have hence decided that these videos are not priority for this channel anymore. These videos, should one be interested, can be found below in the spoiler.

Black Ops 2 Zombies (general):
• New zombies menu w/ note from Dr. Maxis
• Zombies Theatre Tutorial (including how to attach to objects, upload, etc.)
• New custom game options (easy, magic on/off, etc.)
• New game modes: Grief & Turned
• …

TranZit/Green Run:
• Walkthrough (doors, perks, weapons)
• Strategy ($ efficiency, areas to train in)
• Buildable Guide
• Maxis EE
• Richtofen EE
• “Carrion” Teddy Bear Song EE
o Talk about how it was Skrillex day 1
• Storyline
• Non-achievement related EE’s (Nacht, etc.)
• High Rounds
• …

Bus Stop:
• Walkthrough (weapons)
• Strategy

Farm:
• Walkthrough (weapons, perks)
• Strategy

Town:
• Walkthrough (weapons, perks)
• Strategy

Grief:
• Walkthrough
• Strategy

Turned:
• Walkthrough
• Strategy

Nuketown Zombies:
• Strategy
• Richtofen Round 25 EE (and rounds before)
• “Samantha’s Lullaby” Teddy Bear Song EE
• “Pariedolia 8-bit version” Mannequin Head Song EE
• Storyline
• Other EE’s
• High Rounds

Die Rise:
• Buildable Guide
• Maxis EE
• Richtofen EE
• “From Ashes to Ashes” Teddy Bear Song EE
• Storyline
• Non-achievement related EE’s
• High Rounds

Mob of the Dead:
Strategy
• Buildable guide
• How to build plane (EE)
• How to break the cycle (EE)
• How to obtain the Golden Spork
• How to obtain the Hells Retriever
• How to obtain the Hells Redeemer
“Rusty Cage” Whiskey Bottle Song EE
“Where are we going” Song EE
“Samantha’s Lullaby” Song EE
• Storyline
• Non-achievement related EE’s (“Nikolai? Nikolai?” line, etc.)
• High Rounds

Grief:
• Walkthrough
• Strategy

Buried:
• Walkthrough (doors, perks, weapons - showcase Paralyzer, Ray Gun MK-II, new model army remington)
• Buildable guide
• "The Big Guy" guide (keys, booze, candy, finding buildables, moving mystery box, etc.)
• Richtofen Guide (EE)
• Maxis Guide (EE)
• ALL ACHIEVEMENT GUIDES
• Paralyzer guide / flight
• "Always Running" Song EE / Tutorial
• Storyline - Faraday, ghost woman, how Buried became "buried"
• Storyline - N4, Maxis, Richtofen, endgame of "Mined Games" connecting towers, etc.
• High Rounds

Origins
• Easter Egg Tutorial
• General Strategy
• Building Staffs Tutorial
• Ultimate Staffs Tutorial
"Archangel" Music EE Tutorial
• Buildables Tutorial (Maxis Drone, Zombie Shield)
• How To Build PaP
• Guide to Killing Panzer Soldat's
• Guide to Getting Inside Robots
• .... anything else I'm missing?

So what else are we looking for? Well, here is what we want for this channel right now:

Well, we all want brand new and fresh Zombies content for this channel. We want it to be a place people can come to in order to see CoDz at its best.

Firstly, Custom Zombies. Since the end of Black Ops 2, Custom Zombies has been rapidly growing in popularity once again. The ability to still get that "new map" feeling, the exploration, the discoveries, the beauty seems to be taking the Zombies world by storm once more. And so, a group of us decided we wanted to start getting Custom Zombies content on the channel. Map reviews, live playing of the maps, you name it. Now I know there a bunch of you out there that have WaW for PC, and so feel free to hit up any of us on the YouTube team for a game that we can record for the channel; or you can record a game yourselves and send it on over.

Secondly, high round, amazing clutches, high kill NML games, anything that shows off how good CoDz members are; we want. I know there are a bunch of you out there that can hit 50+ on Co-Op and 100+ on solo. Fancy a chance to show off that talent? Well this is it. This includes any strategies you might have, any insane clutch revives you might get, anything that shows the world that CoDz forum has some of the best players in the world.

Those things above are what we are mostly looking for; but to be honest we're open to just about anything. If you have awesome Zombies content and want to show it to the world, then just contact any of us on the CoDz YouTube team and you could see YOUR content up on the CoDz YouTube.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CoDZombieForums

- The CoDz YouTube Team

thanks for sticky-ing this, undead. also thanks to InfestLithium for the "codz youtube" logo. we're really excited, and can't wait to dig in!!!

If you guys need a Mod at any point, feel free to bother me. I generally have a fast response rate with PMs on this site.

Best of luck. Perhaps I'll even try my hand at making a video or two... ;)

I don't quite have the equipment to make videos for the channel yet but I am glad to see it back and want to give it my support, can't wait to see how this turns out

Excitement maximized. :)

I look forward to this, even though the only way I could contribute is with co-op guides.

Best of luck to anyone trying for Director!

I'll put myself forward for the whole Director thing :) I got an HD PVR so I can record gameplay. I can edit it well, I run my own channel and post videos all the time on there, and have been doing so for over 3 years now. So, this isn't a new thing for me :P

Awards

Really liking the team. This is going to be pretty awesome.

Dibs on Turned btw. I know the in's and outs, I've played enough to win the game majority of the time, plus I actually like the mode.

Question though, how do I send content without actually uploading it to Youtube? I've never actually done it before.

Question though, how do I send content without actually uploading it to Youtube? I've never actually done it before.

Whatever program you usually use to do editing/capturing should allow you to create a .mp4, .avi, or other video file. I believe that you can send one of the YouTube staff that file, and they can watch it before uploading it into the channel.

Good luck to all who participate in this fantastic event! This is a serious change in plans, and I couldn't be more excited to see this in the works. :)

I've added a link to the channel in the OP. If you want to check out the channel, just give it a click ;)

@ccm, it's great to see you are wanting to be involved! Any particular video catch your eye? Just send us some of your work and we can take things into consideration! PM me for more details if you wish! :)

@Rissole, noted, Turned is all yours :D

We will be uploading the first videos soon so stay tuned CoDz!

-Jolteon

An option for Video submission might be Drop-Box. I use it all the time with my friends, and it's bloody brilliant!

Awards

An option for Video submission might be Drop-Box. I use it all the time with my friends, and it's bloody brilliant!

That is one of the options we are looking at.

-Jolteon

Hmm, and now where's "Flammenwerfer" in the OP? ;)

Seriously, though, just tell me what to do, and I'll do it.

Haha I never got round to it last night ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to welcome our newest YouTube Staff Member, Flammenwerfer!

As for what you can do... I think the most important videos that need to get done are the map strategy guides. They'll be the videos that get the biggest response. Andrew has already beasted the MotD guide, and Rissole has taken the Turned guide, but other than that you can take your pick ;)

-Jolteon

I was out on the list on the other thread, but I want to reconfirm my place. I am here to help in any way possible. Just tell me what to get and I can. Except commentaries. I have too much constant background noise for that. But I can provide as many game plays as needed. I have about 80 stocked up on my hard disk haha

I was out on the list on the other thread, but I want to reconfirm my place. I am here to help in any way possible. Just tell me what to get and I can. Except commentaries. I have too much constant background noise for that. But I can provide as many game plays as needed. I have about 80 stocked up on my hard disk haha

If they are in HD then this is absolutely perfect. I know for certain that there are people that are wanting to commentate but can't due to a lack of gameplay and no ability to get it. Including me. We may be calling upon you sometime soon ;)

-Jolteon

So, when's this thing getting started? like... Who's posting the first video, what will it be, when... :)

Awards

So, when's this thing getting started? like... Who's posting the first video, what will it be, when... :)

You'll have to wait and see ;)

-Jolteon

ooOOooohhH! Glad to see this is getting some attention, sorry I haven't been around myself to support.

I'd be happy to make some 2D graphics for this, send me a PM if ya need me ;)

Keep on rolling! CODZ FTW!

Awards

I can make small pictures and edit them if you need. If you need convincing, 90% of my profile pictures are edited and custom made by me.

I can do that and participate in co-op guides if needed.

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .