The Reznov Factor

Maybe Reznov, sometime after Vorkuta, ended up in America and somehow got himself into Alcatraz. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be there during Mob of the Dead timeline-wise, but there is a rift in time. Or he may have already been in Alcatraz previous to World at War. Now let's think about this, Reznov was a sniper during World War II, when you zoom in with a sniper on the roof of Alcatraz you see a face, a face resembling that of Viktor Reznov, there's a sniper in the sniper's nest providing covering fire. Whether the sniper is there physically or spiritually we don't know who it is, I think it's Reznov.

But why would Treyarch want to have Reznov in the Zombies storyline? Well there's been references to him in the Zombies storyline before like with the finger on the Der Riese loading screen. So what does any of this mean, that Reznov worked with Group 935 at Der Riese? Where did Reznov go after escaping Vorkuta, if escaping Vorkuta (Let's assume he did). During the Vorkuta escape, Mason jumps on the train telling Reznov, "Come on Reznov, your turn. Step 8, freedom!" Reznov responds with, "For you Mason, not for me", sounds like Reznov has some unfinished business to attend to. Maybe something to do with Group 935?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Reznov, sometime after Vorkuta, ended up in America and somehow got himself into Alcatraz. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be there during Mob of the Dead timeline-wise, but there is a rift in time. Or he may have already been in Alcatraz previous to World at War. Now let's think about this, Reznov was a sniper during World War II, when you zoom in with a sniper on the roof of Alcatraz you see a face, a face resembling that of Viktor Reznov, there's a sniper in the sniper's nest providing covering fire. Whether the sniper is there physically or spiritually we don't know who it is, I think it's Reznov.

But why would Treyarch want to have Reznov in the Zombies storyline? Well there's been references to him in the Zombies storyline before like with the finger on the Der Riese loading screen. So what does any of this mean, that Reznov worked with Group 935 at Der Riese? Where did Reznov go after escaping Vorkuta, if escaping Vorkuta (Let's assume he did). During the Vorkuta escape, Mason jumps on the train telling Reznov, "Come on Reznov, your turn. Step 8, freedom!" Reznov responds with, "For you Mason, not for me", sounds like Reznov has some unfinished business to attend to. Maybe something to do with Group 935?

Some really nice connections here, infected. I never considered him having anything to do with 935, but it seems as if I should "hit the books" again. Thanks for the contribution!

This makes perfect sense dude. I like this theory a lot, I actually would have never made the Reznov connection without this thread so thanks for that. All the small references are there I just never put them together. I don't have anything to contribute that everyone else has not touched on already, other then great theory and keep it up!

• Administrators

Interesting, but wouldn't this make a lot of Campaign stuff relevant to zombies and vice versa?

Campaign has been very, very relevant to Zombies in many ways - especially Black Ops. There are various allusions within the Campaign that may link some kind of characteristic, such as the Nova 6 in correlation to the Crawlers in Kino der Toten. It has even branched into Multiplayer (Launch = Ascension, Nuketown = Nuketown Zombies).

It's not very prevalent in Black Ops II as much, but it still lies within Zombies a bit.

Interesting, but wouldn't this make a lot of Campaign stuff relevant to zombies and vice versa?

Campaign has been very, very relevant to Zombies in many ways - especially Black Ops. There are various allusions within the Campaign that may link some kind of characteristic, such as the Nova 6 in correlation to the Crawlers in Kino der Toten. It has even branched into Multiplayer (Launch = Ascension, Nuketown = Nuketown Zombies).

It's not very prevalent in Black Ops II as much, but it still lies within Zombies a bit.

I noticed the multiplayer maps and the Nova6 stuff. Just was under the impression zombies was in its own little world :P