What does MOTD Have to do with the story after all?

First of all, this is my first thread,so please take it easy!

Mob of the dead, all the easter eggs the searching, the songs, the DNA Formula, afterlife, but can we connect anything from MOTD to the previous maps and how? Is there a link? Does it have anything to do with the whole storyline after all? I'm so confused someone please help me!

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's showing us that a cycle can be broken. It also introduces us to the original being in the Aether (being an almost satanic being), explaining how the demonic announcer was always do different sounding when Sam was in there, and showing us It's interest in revenge; e.g. allowing the cycle to loop over and over again until the Weasel breaks it by getting revenge.

I'm kind of working on a theory that I think could tie everything together. How the supernatural/religious/mythological elements introduced in Mob could play a major role in the storyline, the origin of the Element 115 meteors, how the zombies took over the world after Moon, why we keep being presented with this idea of cycles, what the "rift" is that we need to mend... kind of a "universal" zombies theory that's a bit out there but would explain many things.

I posted a bit of it in a thread in the Asylum forum, but I don't know if someone didn't like my post or if nobody is even approving posts in that forum (it's been almost a week and it never showed up)... but I need to brush up on my zombies history a bit anyways. Maybe after I research and sort my thoughts out a bit more I'll post a more complete version somewhere else, because even though it's a crazy theory I think it makes a lot of sense.

Alcatraz goes back to the roots. Its relation with the rest of the story is that it forces us to reinterpret some things we thought we knew.

It shows that Samantha was not the first controller of the zombies but that Lucifer was.

It shows that the controller CAN pluck weapons out of their timeframe.

It shows that the controller DOES have temporal abilities.

It shows that Perks-A-Cola came before Group 935.

It shows that zombies have a form besides 115.

It shows that the wall weapons, Box, and point system are all a manifestation originating from Lucifer and then adopted by Samantha and Richtofen.