EXACT way to get the hell's redeemer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried again with the intention of killing as many zombies as I could with the claymores. It was round 14, I killed the first boss right away and 5 zombies trying to take out the other bosses with the T-hAWK. Then I gathered the horde and ran them through the claymores killing 23 and both bosses. There were only 13 zombies left to finish the round, for a total of 18. There was no sound cue, so it looks like maybe it was a glitch or there is a minimum below 30 but greater than 18.

I'm going to try again with the intention to keep the zombie claymore deaths a bit lighter.

Here is a video guide for the Hell's Redeemer. I am not a professional YouTuber so be nice. This works every time. We did find that, in a co-op game, everyone must return to Alcatraz BEFORE anyone tries to throw into the pit. Turn annotations on if watching on PC. Also notice that the number of kills was different for each of us and we didn't get the end of round sound until round 10, as predicted.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=W6T0HwyU_Po

Here is a video guide for the Hell's Redeemer. I am not a professional YouTuber so be nice. This works every time. We did find that, in a co-op game, everyone must return to Alcatraz BEFORE anyone tries to throw into the pit. Turn annotations on if watching on PC. Also notice that the number of kills was different for each of us and we didn't get the end of round sound until round 10, as predicted.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=W6T0HwyU_Po

Well you can look at the original post on page 1, this is actually a tutorial.

Hi, I know there are a lot of threads on this but people seem to think that you need to kill a certain 'number' of enemies to get it and some can't get it every time, first try. Well I know the exact process on how to get it.

To begin, you will hear the afterlife sound 3 times in the process.

First off, feed all three dogs.

Get your tomahawk

Now here's what is important

You need to kill a certain number of zombies (I think around 30) with it anywhere in the prison.Before heading to the bridge. You will hear the afterlife sound.

Now keep 1 last zombie and hop on the plane.

When you get on the bridge, dont kill the last zombie until Brutus shows up(not necessary but better) and Kill them both (Guard and last zombie)

Now with the fresh round, you want to use NOTHING but the tomahawk for the whole round.

At the end of the round you will hear the afterlife sound, so use the electric chair.

Once you're back in the prison go throw your tomahawk in the pit, you will hear the afterlife sound for the last time and it will disappear.

All you have to do now is wait one full round and go pick it up in afterlife mode, at the usual spot.

I see that you said it is a tutorial, but some of your info is not EXACTLY correct. For example, you do not have to get kills with the Retriever before going to the bridge. You can do the entire process on the bridge.

Also, simply completing a round on the bridge is not enough. It has to be round 10 or above.

If playing co-op, EVERYONE must return to Alcatraz before throwing into the pit or you risk it glitching.

My video demonstrates that the sound cues are key and was just a visual way to show the method that has worked for me and my friends 100% of the time after exhaustive experimentation.

I am not trying to steal your thunder. I was merely trying to help. Sorry if I offended you.

Are people really having this much trouble with the Hell's Redeemer? I have gotten it several times and never had any problems whatsoever. I always get the kills I need on my first trip to the bridge and with no major kills with the retriver at the prison. I generally use it every round somewhat, but I don't wait to hear any sounds while at the prison. I leave one zombie, go to the bridge and finish the round with the retriever. After that I do one full round with only the retriver and then head back. I have never heard the actual audio your supposed to hear, but the portal always takes my retreiver. Thats probablly due to the zombie sounds though.

Also as a side note, the best way to pick up the redeemer in my opinion is to bring the round on the bridge to one zombie, fly back and send your retriver into the portal. Go to the afterlife switch at the top of the spiral staircase and kill the zombie. It will be a short trip to the redeemer and a short trip to the gate at the bottom of the staircase.

Hi, I know there are a lot of threads on this but people seem to think that you need to kill a certain 'number' of enemies to get it and some can't get it every time, first try. Well I know the exact process on how to get it.

To begin, you will hear the afterlife sound 3 times in the process.

First off, feed all three dogs.

Get your tomahawk

Now here's what is important

You need to kill a certain number of zombies (I think around 30) with it anywhere in the prison.Before heading to the bridge. You will hear the afterlife sound.

Now keep 1 last zombie and hop on the plane.

When you get on the bridge, dont kill the last zombie until Brutus shows up(not necessary but better) and Kill them both (Guard and last zombie)

Now with the fresh round, you want to use NOTHING but the tomahawk for the whole round.

At the end of the round you will hear the afterlife sound, so use the electric chair.

Once you're back in the prison go throw your tomahawk in the pit, you will hear the afterlife sound for the last time and it will disappear.

All you have to do now is wait one full round and go pick it up in afterlife mode, at the usual spot.

I see that you said it is a tutorial, but some of your info is not EXACTLY correct. For example, you do not have to get kills with the Retriever before going to the bridge. You can do the entire process on the bridge.

Also, simply completing a round on the bridge is not enough. It has to be round 10 or above.

If playing co-op, EVERYONE must return to Alcatraz before throwing into the pit or you risk it glitching.

My video demonstrates that the sound cues are key and was just a visual way to show the method that has worked for me and my friends 100% of the time after exhaustive experimentation.

I am not trying to steal your thunder. I was merely trying to help. Sorry if I offended you.

Well I guess the thread name should have been something like, How to get the redeemer in the least rounds possible, the reason why I say you have to kill them before heading to the bridge is because if you don't you can't get the one round cue in a single round. Then you have to wait one more round to get it back in after life so this way you get it in 2 rounds.

Also thanks, didn't know you had to be round 10 at least, I will update my post with that info if you don't mind.

And, sorry didn't mean to be rude, I'm actually glad you are here to help !

No worries. Like you I was trying to nail down the steps and we made the video so people would have proof and references for the sounds and what to do. There are a few different ways to accomplish the same goal. We are all in this together! Keep it up and I will do the same! Cheers!

One thing i noticed once, after I got the sound on the bridge and waited like 5 rounds until I wanted to throw it in the lava, it did not work anymore :(

When I shoot a zombie on the bridge, I never get the sound in that same round even if I kill another 30+ zombies with the Tomahawk after the shot.